• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

They should stop all calls and SMS the minute a pack expires. Why should they provide free service? Even 1 week is too generous.
Your analogy is like why RBI is giving 3 days as grace period, late payment fees/ finance charges should be levied, the minute dute date passes.

It was about incoming not outgoing.

@SSV had listed some cons of Airtel and I had added some more. We were just comparing how and why Jio is better than Airtel.

You're free to think, what you like, so we are.

Better, if you suggest the same (They should stop all calls and SMS the minute a pack expires. Why should they provide free service? Even 1 week is too generous.) to KMP of Airtel.

Last edited:
Your analogy is like why RBI is giving 3 days as grace period, late payment fees/ finance charges should be levied, the minute dute date passes.

It was about incoming not outgoing.

@SSV had listed some cons of Airtel and I had added some more. We were just comparing how and why Jio is better than Airtel.

You're free to think, what you like, so we are.

Better, if you suggest the same (They should stop all calls and SMS the minute a pack expires. Why should they provide free service? Even 1 week is too generous.) to KMP of Airtel.
Grace period is for payment. This is a demand of free service. Whether incoming, outgoing or SMS, all are a part of mobile service. Unless there is a law, no operator is obligated to provide free service for even 1 minute.

Grace period is for payment.
Yes, it's for repayment.

Go and ask RBI to withdraw such law, since lenders are receiving their money lately, by 3 days. 🤣
This is a demand of free service.
Where? Show me. Matalab kuch bhi?🤣

Comparison and discussion of pros & cons of Telecom Operators are termed as demand of free service, lol.🤣
Whether incoming, outgoing or SMS, all are a part of mobile service. Unless there is a law, no operator is obligated to provide free service for even 1 minute.
Had I said they are obligated to provide free service?

If yes show me, if not, why don't you mind your own business, instead of creating chaos for no meaningful purpose.

What offense? You made a wish and I made my wish. Why are you upset about it? I didn't ask you either.
You didn't make a wish; instead, it seems you were taunting by indirectly stating that I have received a value back of ₹450 after paying 3 lakhs for Infinia . If you can go and avail.

However, if you're accepting that you just made a wish. Then it's okay!
Might be misunderstanding.

Yes, it's for repayment.

Go and ask RBI to withdraw such law, since lenders are receiving their money lately, by 3 days. 🤣

Where? Show me. Matalab kuch bhi?🤣

Comparison and discussion of pros & cons of Telecom Operators are termed as demand of free service, lol.🤣

Had I said they are obligated to provide free service?

If yes show me, if not, why don't you mind your own business, instead of creating chaos for no meaningful purpose.
You were complaining that Airtel doesn't allow incoming calls more than 7 days after pack expiration. That is a demand for free service. I am not creating any chaos. You write on a public forum and anyone, including myself has full right to respond.

You were complaining that Airtel doesn't allow incoming calls more than 7 days after pack expiration. That is a demand for free service. I am not creating any chaos. You write on a public forum and anyone, including myself has full right to respond.
It seems common sense is no more common.

When I was complaining? Why didn't you attach the screenshot, pointing the same?

Can't you differentiate between complaining and listings some other cons in comparison to Jio which was left by @SSV?

Attaching some screenshots so that you can read it and understand properly, the real meaning and intention of such comments.

Screenshot_20240704-125726.jpg
Screenshot_20240704-125805.jpg

Constructive opinion, critisism are welcomed but not nonsense one.

For some reason Airtel feels they are premium provider and charges premium prices.
In fact I found it to be actually below par when compared to Jio..

1) Jio plans are flexible and a bit cheaper and this stacking can be done for a longer period of time in Jio where as Airtel is very rigid...
2) We can have 1860 calls free of cost in Jio, where as for Airtel they are not allowed.
there are some more like these...
I will add one more to it and everyone should be aware of it as well, In Jio you can buy vouchers of these plans and one can also use Wallets especially amazon wallet in payment methods considering how we tend to buy Amazon Gvs. Vouchers can be transferred to any other Jio no. Or redeemed whenever with no expiry date. Instead of recharging with continuous plans and locking yourself into their service for years vouchers are immense benefit that Jio provides.

Last edited:
I will add one more to it and everyone should be aware of it as well, In Jio you can buy vouchers of these plans and one can also use Wallets especially amazon wallet in payment methods considering how we tend to buy Amazon Gvs. Vouchers can be transferred to any other Jio no. Or redeemed whenever with no expiry date. Instead of recharging with continuous plans and locking yourself into their service for years vouchers are immense benefit that Jio provides.
Thank you for the info..
I didn't know about this Jio voucher concept..
I will look into them soon..
Thanks again..

Yep, I had purchased one before 3rd July. 🤭
Screenshot_20240704-144250.jpg

This is good to know. I remember having got vouchers when jio was launched and only used them some 4 years later. So yes, the voucher do not expire. Iv also seen the transfer option but have never tried that.

Yes, Vouchers is a good option in Jio,
Airtel should also bring something like this.

I have also bought vouchers for my jio number, 2 vouchers of ₹666 recharge plan and 4 vouchers of ₹155 recharge plan, will redeem them when required as jio is my secondary sim.

Thank you for the info..
I didn't know about this Jio voucher concept..
I will look into them soon..
Thanks again..
I thought you were aware about it. However, No worries.

One of the best feature, that's why didn't feel necessary to put it down/ slipped my mind that day as many users including me and sellers purchased it before 3rd July.🤭

Reactions: SSV
Back