• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

I thought you were aware about it. However, No worries.

One of the best feature, that's why didn't feel necessary to put it down/ slipped my mind that day as many users including me and sellers purchased it before 3rd July.🤭
Thats okay.. I need one Indian Phone number primary for longer priod of time..
For My secondary number ( which is airtel) I didn't do this ... and I wont also...
anyway it is good to know about these vouchers.. thanks guys..

Dinner time..

Airtel has increased postpaid tariff as well.

Dear Customer, The price of your Airtel Postpaid plan, as a part of your Airtel Black connection, has been revised from Rs.599 to Rs.699 . Your new Airtel Black rental will be Rs.1098 which will reflect in your upcoming bill, effective from 06-Aug-24.

Dear Customer, The price of your Airtel Postpaid plan, as a part of your Airtel Black connection, has been revised from Rs.599 to Rs.699 . Your new Airtel Black rental will be Rs.1098 which will reflect in your upcoming bill, effective from 06-Aug-24.
they have to increase .. to maintain the sync between the two

Of course they have. It was communicated along with.

I will add one more to it and everyone should be aware of it as well, In Jio you can buy vouchers of these plans ... Vouchers can be transferred to any other Jio no. Or redeemed whenever with no expiry date. Instead of recharging with continuous plans and locking yourself into their service for years vouchers are immense benefit that Jio provides.

There is an important difference: direct recharges can apparently be done without any restrictions on the number of times they can be added to the queue.

Whereas vouchers are limited to just six against a SIM.

I remember having got vouchers when jio was launched and only used them some 4 years later. So yes, the voucher do not expire.

Depending on the circumstances vouchers can very much expire!

Remember the misleading promo Jio used to run about 100% moneyback through recharge vouchers? Well, a whole bunch of them expired for me after a while!

Depending on the circumstances vouchers can very much expire!

Remember the misleading promo Jio used to run about 100% moneyback through recharge vouchers? Well, a whole bunch of them expired for me after a while!

“Jio” mere laal

- Ambani

There is an important difference: direct recharges can apparently be done without any restrictions on the number of times they can be added to the queue.

Whereas vouchers are limited to just six against a SIM.
Jio supports max 50 queued recharge and max 6 linked voucher per SIM

I am on normal airtel postpaid (not the blackhole trap) and have not received any such mail/message. Airtel app also shows old tariff only. Most of my office friends are on similar plans and none of them received also.

I am on normal airtel postpaid (not the blackhole trap) and have not received any such mail/message. Airtel app also shows old tariff only. Most of my office friends are on similar plans and none of them received also.
You might be using CUG plans.

No. Everyone uses their own family plans. The CUG concept lost its relevance years back when all plans became "unlimited".
What is your billing date? I don’t think postpaid tariff hike is related to black plan.

My billing date is 6th I.e. tomorrow and I’ve received msg today.

What is your billing date? I don’t think postpaid tariff hike is related to black plan.

My billing date is 6th I.e. tomorrow and I’ve received msg today.
Plan runs from 5th to 4th. Bill is generated on 6th. For one of my friend plan runs from 8th to 7th and bill is generated on 9th. In both cases, no message received.

I personally have more than 6 vouchers and one still exists from 2019!

Perhaps it is a recent restriction?

I read about the 6 vouchers limit in this thread itself. Then, just a few days back, had successfully purchased 6 vouchers. It didn't allow me to buy any more vouchers after that (but, curiously, the error message that pops up says one cannot buy more than 4 vouchers!). :)

Plan runs from 5th to 4th. Bill is generated on 6th. For one of my friend plan runs from 8th to 7th and bill is generated on 9th. In both cases, no message received.
On jio website new plans are not updated for postpaid. Does that mean if I port my Airtel to jio now, I can get the 199 plan?

On jio website new plans are not updated for postpaid. Does that mean if I port my Airtel to jio now, I can get the 199 plan?
Jio 199 was the original postpaid plan. After price changes last time, it was not displayed on site but many got it from physical store. Ypu can try your luck. But it only gives 25 GB data/mth and no unlimited 5G.

Is anyone else facing issues in using a jio voucher which was obtained before the 3 July price hike recently?

Even the use for another jio number is greyed out.

I did a 1 year recharge for 2999 on ji on 2 June, but now the 5GB data voucher doesn't get activated. I get the error saying "this number does not have a valid plan to redeem select voucher". Called customer care they cannot help and have asked to send an email. I am waiting for email support to come back with a response.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-08-15-02-08-385_com.miui.gallery.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-08-15-02-08-385_com.miui.gallery.webp
    195.2 KB · Views: 12
Back