• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia My Credit Card Upgrade Journey - From Ignorance to Infinia Metal

Hell_Kitty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Infinia.webp
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my journey of upgrading my credit card and let me tell you—it wasn't easy! I've been in current profession for over 10 years, but until May 2024, credit card rewards, points, and perks were just not on my radar. I was swiping my card without a second thought, completely unaware of the potential benefits I was missing out on.

Then, I stumbled upon this forum, and things started to change. I began reading posts about how to maximize rewards, strategies to get the most out of every swipe, and the value of credit card points. It hit me like a ton of bricks—how could I have been ignoring this all these years? That’s when I set my sights on the elusive Infinia Metal.

But the road to Infinia wasn’t smooth at all. Back in June 2024, I started my quest, only to face rejection after rejection. My main issue? A basic 10k AMB savings account and a Millenia card with a mere 1.93L credit limit. I felt stuck, but I wasn’t ready to give up. I reached out to the bank’s grievance team, requesting a credit limit enhancement. Finally, after a lot of back-and-forth, I managed to upgrade my card to Regalia Gold. That was just the beginning.

Over the next 6 months, I had to plan my spending meticulously, hitting 8L in spends just to get to where I am today holding the Infinia Metal in my hands. It wasn’t an easy ride by any means, but all the tips, strategies, and advice from this community kept me going.

And to be honest, a part of me is still amazed that I’m finally here! Thanks to everyone in this forum for your support. Without you, I’d probably still be swiping aimlessly, missing out on all the perks.

Now, I just hope they don’t devalue the card before I’ve had a chance to fully enjoy these rewards for a few months or years! 😅

Cheers to all and here's to many more successful credit card journeys ahead!

Special thanks to @SSV @D₹V @helloworld for answering my queries and taking your time to respond on my threads/DM's

PS: I had my last upgrade in June/July 2024 and Infinia now. So, 6 months isn't a mandatory cooling period for LE/Upgrade. It's entirely at the discretion of the bank. Also, I have been assisted by new virtual RM who was super helpful in getting the Infinia.

View attachment 70068
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my journey of upgrading my credit card and let me tell you—it wasn't easy! I've been in current profession for over 10 years, but until May 2024, credit card rewards, points, and perks were just not on my radar. I was swiping my card without a second thought, completely unaware of the potential benefits I was missing out on.

Then, I stumbled upon this forum, and things started to change. I began reading posts about how to maximize rewards, strategies to get the most out of every swipe, and the value of credit card points. It hit me like a ton of bricks—how could I have been ignoring this all these years? That’s when I set my sights on the elusive Infinia Metal.

But the road to Infinia wasn’t smooth at all. Back in June 2024, I started my quest, only to face rejection after rejection. My main issue? A basic 10k AMB savings account and a Millenia card with a mere 1.93L credit limit. I felt stuck, but I wasn’t ready to give up. I reached out to the bank’s grievance team, requesting a credit limit enhancement. Finally, after a lot of back-and-forth, I managed to upgrade my card to Regalia Gold. That was just the beginning.

Over the next 6 months, I had to plan my spending meticulously, hitting 8L in spends just to get to where I am today holding the Infinia Metal in my hands. It wasn’t an easy ride by any means, but all the tips, strategies, and advice from this community kept me going.

And to be honest, a part of me is still amazed that I’m finally here! Thanks to everyone in this forum for your support. Without you, I’d probably still be swiping aimlessly, missing out on all the perks.

Now, I just hope they don’t devalue the card before I’ve had a chance to fully enjoy these rewards for a few months or years! 😅

Special thanks to @SSV @D₹V @helloworld for answering my queries and taking your time to respond on my threads/DM's

PS: I had my last upgrade in June/July 2024 and Infinia now. So, 6 months isn't a mandatory cooling period for LE/Upgrade. It's entirely at the discretion of the bank. Also, I have been assisted by new virtual RM who was super helpful in getting the Infinia.
Congratulations 🎊 ... Welcome to the Infinia club ..
Enjoy!!

Congratulations. Quite a feat to manage in such small time.

I may be in very similar boat like you except that i have used credit cards for double your time. And on top of that hdfc hates me for no reason. Infinia status on tracker page still shows in process.

Congratulations. Quite a feat to manage in such small time.

I may be in very similar boat like you except that i have used credit cards for double your time. And on top of that hdfc hates me for no reason. Infinia status on tracker page still shows in process.
yes, the process is very slow. I had been waiting for last 29 days to be precise. Good to have someone who can provide status update in the background. My virtual RM was doing it for me.

How did you get virtual RM? I have RM and BM contact. They have been very kind till now. Also, i never got pushed for ulip or any extra requirement till now.
My initial assigned RM wasn't very helpful, so I dropped an email to priority redressal/customer service to change my RM to someone else. That's when he got assigned and before assigning, they called and told they will be virtual and if I had any demand to come to home, they wouldn't be able to since they are virtual. I said its fine I just need them to help over call or email and I don't expect them to come to home for anything. They did assign someone 1 day after that.

View attachment 70068
Hey everyone!

Congratulations!!!

Btw, did you satisfy all three criteria - spend, CL and salary?

Back