• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My harrowing experience with Indusind Bank

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
The story starts in mid-April when I decided to get my hands on an Indusind Bank credit card. At the time, I did not have HDFC Swiggy (I was waiting to see if it gets offered as an LTF card), so I had planned on applying for the eazydiner platinum card.

That's where I faced the first problem. The eazydiner app does not let you start the application unlike other apps/websites (ixigo, Tata Neu, Swiggy, etc). And on top of that, it has a very annoying left-right swipe gesture for switching between the Signature and Platinum variants. Sometimes, even while scrolling down, it can accidentally trigger the horizontal swipe action and switch the card variant. After clicking Apply Now, I realized that I had clicked on the Signature variant but also that I'd be contacted by eazydiner instead of the application process starting right there. Phew, disaster averted.

Got a call the next day, and I told them not to apply on my behalf because of my wrong selection even though they insisted that they'd change it on their end. So, I open the indusind website later that day, apply for the correct card but the site throws an error after step 1. This happens 2-3 times, so I decide to quit.

Next day, I come across a post on TFC that indusind does allow a second card with split limit so I wonder if instead of going through the website, I should try going offline. Posted a question, got a contact from a member here (absolutely nothing against them as they were just trying to help me) and spoke with the contact. Just like every salesman ever, he tried his best to stick me with Pinnacle even though I kept telling him that I just need a free core card. He finally agreed on Legend, but within minutes told me that I have an active application.

Turns out, even though I was shown an error, the bank had initiated the application from their end. I was quite peeved by this time, both due to the poor digital experience and the incessant up-selling of the Pinnacle card. So, I simply told the agent that I'd apply after the 3 month cool down period.

During these 3 months, Indusind Bank emailed me 44 times and called me at least 25 times

Fast forward 3 months and I got a WhatsApp message from the agent (3 months on the dot!). I told him to give me a few days to check the website and decide which card to pick (just as a way to stall) because he had already started the conversation with, "shall I start the application for Pinnacle?". Dude must have messaged me 5 times on a span of 48 hours before I relented and said I'd let him know the next morning.

But, the next morning, I get a message saying that he has initiated the application on my behalf!
This just crossed a line! He just took my information from the whatsapp conversation we had 3 months ago and initiated the application on my behalf! When I scolded him, he backtracked saying that's just a way of saying let's get started and that he actually hadn't officially initiated the process (which was a lie because I saw the date on the summary page of the application where I found out that he had initiated the application on the day we first spoke! This is such an unprofessional behavior, I can't even wrap my head around it ).

Then, continued the up-selling for Pinnacle as usual but eventually he gave up and started the process for Legend. During the application process, he'd continue to message me every few hours asking if I had done the ekyc, then the video KYC.

Finally, I was done with the process and his messaging stopped. 2 days later, I get a rejection email from the bank. This time, I contact him to find out why the application was rejected. I just get one reply about him checking with his boss. It has been 5 days since that and radio silence from his end.

I am done with this bank!

Last edited:
The story starts in mid-April when I decided to get my hands on an Indusind Bank credit card. At the time, I did not have HDFC Swiggy (I was waiting to see if it gets offered as an LTF card), so I had planned on applying for the eazydiner platinum card.

That's where I faced the first problem. The eazydiner app does not let you start the application unlike other apps/websites (ixigo, Tata Neu, Swiggy, etc). And on top of that, it has a very annoying left-right swipe gesture for switching between the Signature and Platinum variants. Sometimes, even while scrolling down, it can accidentally trigger the horizontal swipe action and switch the card variant. After clicking Apply Now, I realised that I had clicked on the Signature variant but also that I'd be contacted by eazydiner instead of the application process starting right there. Phew, disaster averted.

Got a call the next day, and I told them not to apply on my behalf because of my wrong selection even though they insisted that they'd change it on their end. So, I open the indusind website later that day, apply for the correct card but the site throws an error after step 1. This happens 2-3 times, so I decide to quit.

Next day, I come across a post on TFC that indusind does allow a second card with split limit so I wonder if instead of going through the website, I should try going offline. Posted a question, got a contact from a member here (absolutely nothing against them as they were just trying to help me) and spoke with the contact. Just like every salesman ever, he tried his best to stick me with Pinaccle even though I kept telling him that I just need a free core card. He finally agreed on Legend, but within minutes told me that I have an active application.

Turns out, even though I was shown an error, the bank had initiated the application from their end. I was quite peeved by this time, both due to the poor digital experience and the incessant upselling of the Pinaccle card. So, I simply told the agent that I'd apply after the 3 month cool down period.

During these 3 months, Indusind Bank emailed me 44 times and called me at least 25 times

Fast forward 3 months and I got a WhatsApp message from the agent (3 months on the dot!). I told him to give me a few days to check the website and decide which card to pick (just as a way to stall) because he had already started the conversation with, "shall I start the application for Pinaccle?". Dude must have messaged me 5 times on a span of 48 hours before I relented and said I'd let him know the next morning.

But, the next morning, I get a message saying that he has initiated the application on my behalf!
This just crossed a line! He just took my information from the whatsapp conversation we had 3 months ago and initiated the application on my behalf! When I scolded him, he backtracked saying that's just a way of saying let's get started and that he actually hadn't officially initiated the process (which was a lie because I saw the date on the summary page of the application where I found out that he had initiated the application on the day we first spoke! This is such an unprofessional behavior, I can't even wrap my head around it ).

Then, continued the upselling for Pinaccle as usual but eventually he gave up and started the process for Legend. During the application process, he'd continue to message me every few hours asking if I had done the ekyc, then the video KYC.

Finally, I was done with the process and his messaging stopped. 2 days later, I get a rejection email from the bank. This time, I contact him to find out why the application was rejected. I just get one reply about him checking with his boss. It has been 5 days since that and radio silence from his end.

I am done with this bank!
Who was this agent?
Do post here so that others can watch out

@SonyTom @quino His name is Anil.

But I don't think this has anything to do with that particular agent. Indusind bank is the culprit here. There are so many posts (both here and on reddit) about customers having a terrible experience with their service and customer care. I shouldn't have been surprised with what happened in my case. I also have 2 more instances where the bank had tested my patience.

They were spamming me with calls last year. Must have been 3-4 calls daily on average for a period of about a month. And earlier this year, I had written to their support email about yet another error I was being shown on their website. It has been nearly half a year, and no response.

My experience has not been that bad. But a lot of patience is needed in dealing with Indusind. My suggestion to all planning to get legend is to open a savings account and wait for getting an offer for legend.

Else if applying directly on their website without savings account, you will get approval only if you meet all their criteria, for eg- employer should be in their list, salary account statement should be fetched by the application process, good credit score with previous credit card from other bank etc.

This is based on my experience with the bank. But can vary

My suggestion to all planning to get legend is to open a savings account and wait for getting an offer for legend.

My reason to go for Legend was to get the Select (hope that's what the account is called) account benefit 😂. The card was never much use for me as it doesn't have a good rewards program and it doesn't have any benefits that my other cards don't already provide. For my usage, indusind only has one valuable card; eazydiner. Even that is not as useful to me anymore because I acquired Swiggy HDFC recently.

Else if applying directly on their website without savings account, you will get approval only if you meet all their criteria, for eg- employer should be in their list, salary account statement should be fetched by the application process, good credit score with previous credit card from other bank etc.

I fulfill all the criteria that you have mentioned so no idea why they'd reject my application. Anyway, I'm not going to get any response from the agent or the bank regarding the actual reason for rejection, so why bother.

My reason to go for Legend was to get the Select (hope that's what the account is called) account benefit 😂. The card was never much use for me as it doesn't have a good rewards program and it doesn't have any benefits that my other cards don't already provide. For my usage, indusind only has one valuable card; eazydiner. Even that is not as useful to me anymore because I acquired Swiggy HDFC recently.

I fulfill all the criteria that you have mentioned so no idea why they'd reject my application. Anyway, I'm not going to get any response from the agent or the bank regarding the actual reason for rejection, so why bother.
In that case, best option is to leave it as you said

Back