• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My Journey to Infinia Metal (Shortcut)

Hi Guys,

Hope all are doing good.

So basically my credit card Journey starts 3 years ago with HDFC Times Credit Card with the limit of Rs 30000.

● As at that time, i only have one card (HDFC Times), all my spends were done on it

● After 6 months, i got an upgrade offer from Times to Moneyback+ with limit enhancement to Rs 60000

● For almost, 1 years i used Moneyback+ after which my limit got increased to Rs 100000

● In 2022, i got another upgrade to Millennia credit with limit increase to Rs 120000

● After that, i move over to another Bank Credit Card like SBI Cashback, Axis Atlas and SBI Air India, as now i have started learning about Air/Hotel Miles and started traveling Dom/International

● Then i saw HDFC Infinia and i got love at first sight with this card 😅 and i wanted the same but my salary doesn't allow

● As i have been away from my Millennia credit card, suddenly i got limit enhancement to Rs 175000

● Then my RM (HDFC Preferred customer + Salary account) told me to get ULIP against which she can arrange me Infinia Metal card and that too LTF
Initially i thought it's a gimmick but after checking on Twitter and Technofino forum, i finally decided to go for it

● Now, i understand ULIP may sound bad but love is blind 😁
Additionally, i can fully utilize it to my uses because i have to pay Insurance(via Amazon), Flipkart/Amazon for Grocery (bigbasket doesn't deliver to my area), Smartbuy for flight booking

So, Thank you all guys for helping and teaching me. I might have missed some points or chronology but will be happy to add afterwards

Regarding ULIP, it's HDFC Smart life Protect (Rs 15000 every month for 5 years).
were your spending this much even on a card having limit 1.75L
how did RM even got approval for card used not very much having low limit for straight up INFINIA that to LTF my godd!!

Paying 12.5k fees is better than 9 lakh ULIP....You will get reward points equal to 12.5k...Also, it seems you are not big spender...Many people take infinia just to boost their ego.

Very bad financial decision....Your RM completed her ULIP target and you became scapegoat.

were your spending this much even on a card having limit 1.75L
how did RM even got approval for card used not very much having low limit for straight up INFINIA that to LTF my godd!!
Branch employees can take deviation from Group Head for all sorts of things like salary requirement, spend criteria, limit required etc

But they don't do it often, it's like going to your bosses boss with a personal request, you need to have a good reason for it

So they'll only stick their neck out if they've a very good reason to do so

My friend has done the same. Took some plan for 2.2 laks per annum and kept playing with the health reports they asked for. Slowly with the delays the card got delivered and even after the cancellation period is over, he was still able to cancel cos technically the ulip wasn't active as the health reports were missing.

RM suggested to take ulip for his wife and he said she's diabetic so again there will be issues with ulip. RM was heart broken and said next time any need for any loan please call me.

He got infinia with all these games.

Paying 12.5k fees is better than 9 lakh ULIP....You will get reward points equal to 12.5k...Also, it seems you are not big spender...Many people take infinia just to boost their ego.

Very bad financial decision....Your RM completed her ULIP target and you became scapegoat.
I understand it's a bad decision. Also, i was ready to pay 12.k fees but i was not eligible for this card in the first place.

My friend has done the same. Took some plan for 2.2 laks per annum and kept playing with the health reports they asked for. Slowly with the delays the card got delivered and even after the cancellation period is over, he was still able to cancel cos technically the ulip wasn't active as the health reports were missing.

RM suggested to take ulip for his wife and he said she's diabetic so again there will be issues with ulip. RM was heart broken and said next time any need for any loan please call me.

Mine is active and it's already been more than 30 days. Do you think if i cancel it now, will they refund the full amount? Also, will my card still active?

A lot people are criticizing OP left and right,
And i don't want to individually reply and get into arguments here,
So let me give you my perspective here

1. Infinia is as such best, most coveted card right now, people know that, hdfc knows people know,
That's why eligibility criteria increased recently
so their's some sentimental/aspirational value attached to getting it

2. And so getting this Card is really very difficult, with the amount of people posting their success stories here you might think that it's easy to get, It's not,
There are plenty of people I've seen both here and physically who are more than qualified but still can't get infinia, there're people with 1.2 cr ITR and hugely successful credit card Youtubers who can't get it as well, one had to even take secured infinia with 10L FD(FD route not available anymore i believe)

3. So for OP at Millennia with 1.75L limit it might have been years even decades to get to Infinia with 8L limit

4. And Infinia is something that provides peace of mind for whole family, get add on for everyone with Priority Pass and you can get into most lounges

5. Being on Visa network it'll accepted almost everywhere, so 3.3% return rate on almost everything

6. Based on his spends OP can make upto 15k points per month on smartbuy, and no limit on regular points, these can be used 1:1 for flight bookings, hotels, Tanishq, Apple etc

7. Other benefits like ITC 1+1 buffet, club marriot membetship and unlimited golf is difficult to put price on, but can make good use of

8. Great card for foreign spends, as it gives around 2% net gain after forex mark up(quite rare)

9. Limited time offers and gifts, in recent times infinia holers have received Swiggy One, Acccor plus at a great price(7500 rps), some other offers as well i don't remember

10. Now coming to ULIPs, while i don't necessarily endorse this product, people have made good money with it, it just requires you to have a little technical know how and Research about which funds to park into and when to move in/out, so it’s not that bad per se

Bottomline is if you've done your research and can do good with ULIP, and you can get good value out of Infinia, it's not a bad combo

Mine is active and it's already been more than 30 days. Do you think if i cancel it now, will they refund the full amount? Also, will my card still active?
ULIP is not really attached to card, if you can cancel it go ahead, you might loose the money you've already put in but otherwise to harm to card

So your friend didn't even pay first premium ?

ULIP is not really attached to card, if you can cancel it go ahead, you might loose the money you've already put in but otherwise to harm to card
Then I'll like to continue. Also @SSV already guided me and if any help need i have technofino family

Thank you for your continuous support

Back