• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My journey to secure ICICI Sapphiro LTF

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello folks,

I see everyone shares their journey of securing Infinia or DCB or Emerald!!!

I don’t think I could get my hand on any of those super premium ones in near future… so I’m here to share my story of securing ICICI Sapphiro LTF to celebrate my success 😂😂😂

I have a long standing relationship with ICICI in the form of 11 year old salary account!!! Few days back when I logged into my net banking, I checked the colour theme is changed to black, it means my account is converted to WM account

I called my RM to know if I can get any special privilege for this upgrade

Initially I asked for WM visa infinite dc… which she denied quoting my account is not “fully” WM, hence I won’t get that card

I guess she was also not sure about this and tried to just make me understand something rubbish

I escalated this issue over email to Pno and got a call from her manager
She explained the things about WM (it has 3 variants and I was upgraded to the lowest one which apparently has no special value over the privilege account)

Still I tried to fight to get something out of nothing and demanded Sapphiro LTF… again I got denied and she said I would need to get min 2L salary credit for that

Then I threatened them to shift my salary account elsewhere and they were still indifferent…. So I dropped off assuming there is no sense of fighting on that

After an hour I got a call from her and she said I would get sapphiro LTF and her colleague processed my application then and there

I got the card within 3 days!!!!

Received my Sapphiro dual (MC AMEX)

Attachments

• IMG_7111.jpeg
    IMG_7111.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
Talking about journey to LTF Sapphiro, here is mine (in short everything happened after I ditched ICICI 😁):
1. Last year I realised that I didn’t have any card with international lounge access. Approached comporate RM from ICICI for Sapphiro LTF. He refused saying my salary is “just below the minimum criteria”. I asked him for exception as I am supposed to cross the threshold soon. I was offered Rubyx Rupay instead.
2. I accepted Rubyx but started looking at other options. Switched to HDFC in 2 months. I was about to apply for Regalia LTF but got Yes Marquee (paid) in the meantime.
3. After a month of switching salary account, ICICI decided to offer me the peanuts 🙂 . The account was changed to basic Wealth variant. And today got the LTF Sapphiro offer.
4. I took it as I like free stuff 😁. But I think it will be of little value except as backup card for International Lounge access or BMS BOGO. Marquee is taking care of everything 👑 .
So you had rubyx before this saphhiro offer showed up?

VikasBhindwar

TF Premier
Contributor
Which icici cards do you hold? and what was the offer until last month? Kindly answer these as i am trying to figure out something.
I have APay, MMT Signature, Platinum & Coral Rupay with 4.6L limit. Till now, I was getting Sapphiro as paid but day before yesterday it changed to LTF and taken it immediately.

Spends in last 6 months was close to 10 lakh, I think that helped a lot.

I have APay, MMT Signature, Platinum & Coral Rupay with 4.6L limit. Till now, I was getting Sapphiro as paid but day before yesterday it changed to LTF and taken it immediately.

Spends in last 6 months was close to 10 lakh, I think that helped a lot.
I had same paid saphhiro offer until last 3 days ago but mine changed to LTF rubyx. I don't know why they didn't offer me saphhiro ltf. My last 1 years spends are 9.8 lakh. I stopped using icici cards to protect my AIS.

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello folks,

I see everyone shares their journey of securing Infinia or DCB or Emerald!!!

I don’t think I could get my hand on any of those super premium ones in near future… so I’m here to share my story of securing ICICI Sapphiro LTF to celebrate my success 😂😂😂

I have a long standing relationship with ICICI in the form of 11 year old salary account!!! Few days back when I logged into my net banking, I checked the colour theme is changed to black, it means my account is converted to WM account

I called my RM to know if I can get any special privilege for this upgrade

Initially I asked for WM visa infinite dc… which she denied quoting my account is not “fully” WM, hence I won’t get that card

I guess she was also not sure about this and tried to just make me understand something rubbish

I escalated this issue over email to Pno and got a call from her manager
She explained the things about WM (it has 3 variants and I was upgraded to the lowest one which apparently has no special value over the privilege account)

Still I tried to fight to get something out of nothing and demanded Sapphiro LTF… again I got denied and she said I would need to get min 2L salary credit for that

Then I threatened them to shift my salary account elsewhere and they were still indifferent…. So I dropped off assuming there is no sense of fighting on that

After an hour I got a call from her and she said I would get sapphiro LTF and her colleague processed my application then and there

I got the card within 3 days!!!!

Received my Sapphiro dual (MC AMEX)
Excellent!

Allow me to recount the challenges and experiences I faced in obtaining the Sapphiro LTF.

One fine afternoon, the sun was shining brilliantly on a warm, slightly humid May day in 2024. Feeling a tinge of boredom, I decided to open the iMobile app to check for any outstanding balances on my credit cards. To my surprise, an offer appeared, presenting me with two options:

1. Emeralde PVC (Paid)
  2. Sapphiro LTF
I opted for the Sapphiro Card and promptly completed the KYC process. By evening, I had a virtual card available in my account, and within 2-3 days, I received the physical card.

It was a journey marked by perseverance and is one worth remembering!

@Vasuki @m4b @raghu.rokda @doraemon @Riya Sharma

ankur2wadhwa

TF Select
Talking about journey to LTF Sapphiro, here is mine (in short everything happened after I ditched ICICI 😁):
1. Last year I realised that I didn’t have any card with international lounge access. Approached comporate RM from ICICI for Sapphiro LTF. He refused saying my salary is “just below the minimum criteria”. I asked him for exception as I am supposed to cross the threshold soon. I was offered Rubyx Rupay instead.
2. I accepted Rubyx but started looking at other options. Switched to HDFC in 2 months. I was about to apply for Regalia LTF but got Yes Marquee (paid) in the meantime.
3. After a month of switching salary account, ICICI decided to offer me the peanuts 🙂 . The account was changed to basic Wealth variant. And today got the LTF Sapphiro offer.
4. I took it as I like free stuff 😁. But I think it will be of little value except as backup card for International Lounge access or BMS BOGO. Marquee is taking care of everything 👑 .
How are you Minting the Benefits out of Marquee, being a Paid card.

reach2dpg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge