• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Advice : Close Millenia and Then Apply for DCB or wait for per-Approved offer

Akshays

TF Select
So as the Title Suggests, I need advice on best path forward to get Diners Club Black.

I currently have LTF Millenia. I sent mail to grievance redressal team seeking for an upgrade to DCB. My Millenia limit is 3.49L. It does not meet their C2C upgrade criteria but My net salary credit does meet the DCB criteria. Inspite of that the grievance redressal team rejected upgrade request. In my original mail, I did mention that my salary meets their DCB requirement, still on the reply, they didn't ask for salary slip or anything.

" We infer from your e-mail that you are interested in upgrading your Millennia card into Diners club black Card.

We take this opportunity to inform you that, the credit cards are offered, basis usage and payment pattern on the card account. We have reviewed your queries and regret to inform you that, we are unable to accommodate your request for an upgrade credit card at this point of time. We seek your kind understanding and co-operation in this regard."

1. What's the way forward for me? should I simply close Millenia, wait for 90 Days and reapply for DCB as new card basis the income? Is there a guarantee that they will issue DCB as new card?

2. I already have Tata Neu Infinity too, will this further create problems to get the core card from them since after closure of Millenia , I won't be having core card from them?

3. Wait for an offer from them? Come to think of it, I have recently opened preferred banking account with them. When and Where do the pre-approved Credit card offers show up on the Netbanking? So far I cannot see anything on netbanking.

HDFC bank has added some spend criteria for DCB and Infinia :( along with salary criteria
Yeah but Spends Criteria Won't Apply for a new DCB right? They can only evaluate spends if there is an existing HDFC Card with you.

I want to know if people can get DCB as their first card basis income alone? If that's the case then , I can simply close Millenia.

I would advice against closing. Have seen people here closing 2L limit Millenia for Regalia/DCB and applied Fresh, but received lower variants with meagre limits.

HDFC considers Spends on your card for upgrade. I would recommend spending 4L-5L within 6 months on your Millenia and then ask for upgrade. Then you can show that you have enough spends as well as income for a better card.

I would advice against closing. Have seen people here closing 2L limit Millenia for Regalia/DCB and applied Fresh, but received lower variants with meagre limits.

HDFC considers Spends on your card for upgrade. I would recommend spending 4L-5L within 6 months on your Millenia and then ask for upgrade. Then you can show that you have enough spends as well as income for a better card.
Getting lower variant despite meeting Eligibility criteria for a new DCB? can't you apply against a specific variant. I don't remember how I was offered Millenia, whether I applied for it or got it through telemarketing channel. beyond 20K spends a month on Amazon/Flipkart, Millenia becomes useless in terms of returns so it's like doing spends in inefficient manner. Despite having other better cards with me.

Getting lower variant despite meeting Eligibility criteria for a new DCB? can't you apply against a specific variant. I don't remember how I was offered Millenia, whether I applied for it or got it through telemarketing channel. beyond 20K spends a month on Amazon/Flipkart, Millenia becomes useless in terms of returns so it's like doing spends in inefficient manner. Despite having other better cards with me.
Brother, I wanted Millennia card but got business moneyback card 😒 and my goal is to use on Amazon as it has 5% cashback right? but as I see you mention that after 20k spend at Amazon in a month. This Millenia is no use? Because recently I received business moneyback card with 74k limit as this my first card with hdfc. I do have Amazon pay card and Flipkart card. Brother plrase give me your advice cause I am thinking to close this business moneyback card. What should I do?

You have permission to tag me when warning people not to take idiotic decisions XD

Dont close your card, I made the same mistake. My new application offered me Regalia but the issued me an IOCL card. I was able to fix the situation but its a hassle regardless.

Brother, what did you do to get your offered card? I do have ITR of 7.5L. Please help me out🙏🏼

my issue was slightly different from yours if I understand. I met their criteria salary-wise, so I asked them on the basis of salary. I was offered regalia at the time of application and was issued the wrong card. So I pointed that out to the nodal officer and they took about 10 days but fixed the issue.

What I can recommend is either apply offline on C2C basis or through your RM. That would be a better way to get a card of your choice since you can negotiate with the RM.

my issue was slightly different from yours if I understand. I met their criteria salary-wise, so I asked them on the basis of salary. I was offered regalia at the time of application and was issued the wrong card. So I pointed that out to the nodal officer and they took about 10 days but fixed the issue.

What I can recommend is either apply offline on C2C basis or through your RM. That would be a better way to get a card of your choice since you can negotiate with the RM.

Through RM / C2C - I applied online for DCB using a link I found on this forum, after inputting details I was able to select DCB as the variant, went ahead and submitted aplication, got notification from customer care that I already hold Millenia and they asked me to consider Limit Enhancement as an option instead. It's after this point that I reached out to grievance redressal. So do I need to now wait 90 days to go via RM again.

Through RM / C2C - I applied online for DCB using a link I found on this forum, after inputting details I was able to select DCB as the variant, went ahead and submitted aplication, got notification from customer care that I already hold Millenia and they asked me to consider Limit Enhancement as an option instead. It's after this point that I reached out to grievance redressal. So do I need to now wait 90 days to go via RM again.
Well you’ve already got a core card, getting another core card will be an issue but you can share that same link to Mr Gautam. He may be able to get millenia since he meets the salary criteria.

In the hindsight, I think closing my millenia was a stupid decision, I hold Amex with higher limits and should’ve used those cards to get the upgrade in the first place. Even though I got what I wanted, it was still a hassle. Not worth it.

Do you already have a savings account / any relationship with HDFC other than the credit card, if yes, then let RM push the case for you, DCB and Infinia doesn't have a fixed rules for approval, bank need to see you as valued customer and RM can get that done based on your relationship, if not your spend pattern should be very high in the last 6 months on Millenia

Do you already have a savings account / any relationship with HDFC other than the credit card, if yes, then let RM push the case for you, DCB and Infinia doesn't have a fixed rules for approval, bank need to see you as valued customer and RM can get that done based on your relationship, if not your spend pattern should be very high in the last 6 months on Millenia
Aah, got it. I do have preferred banking relationship with HDFC, recently moved my Salary account from ICICI to HDFC. RM will definitely make the case for me as I have good relationship so far with him. DCB eligibility clearly states Age 21 or above, Indian national and Net salary credit >1.75L as the criteria for DCB. So it would mean that eligibility does not gurantee the variant and it's still their descretion which card variant to provide.

Aah, got it. I do have preferred banking relationship with HDFC, recently moved my Salary account from ICICI to HDFC. RM will definitely make the case for me as I have good relationship so far with him. DCB eligibility clearly states Age 21 or above, Indian national and Net salary credit >1.75L as the criteria for DCB. So it would mean that eligibility does not gurantee the variant and it's still their descretion which card variant to provide.
I am in the same boat as you, but as earlier advised closing the existing CC isn't an option. If you have decent spends on your current Millennia card, ask your RM for limit enhancement (upgradation to DCB needs you to have 5 lacs limit on existing HDFC CC I guess) and then plan for applying to DCB. Closing your current card only makes the whole process delayed.

I am in the same boat as you, but as earlier advised closing the existing CC isn't an option. If you have decent spends on your current Millennia card, ask your RM for limit enhancement (upgradation to DCB needs you to have 5 lacs limit on existing HDFC CC I guess) and then plan for applying to DCB. Closing your current card only makes the whole process delayed.
you mean you are also eligible for upgrade basis income but HDFC won't provide you? if that's the case may i ask what variant do you have and what upgrade you seek?

Well you’ve already got a core card, getting another core card will be an issue but you can share that same link to Mr Gautam. He may be able to get millenia since he meets the salary criteria.

In the hindsight, I think closing my millenia was a stupid decision, I hold Amex with higher limits and should’ve used those cards to get the upgrade in the first place. Even though I got what I wanted, it was still a hassle. Not worth it.
Why would you characterize Closing Millenia as Stupid? The hassle you mention, is it just escalation with Nodal Officer after you got lower variant than you applied for? or was it a several weeks, months battle before it went to nodal level.

Can you really ask for Upgrade to DCB or Infinia, using other bank's credit cards, while you still hold a core HDFC card?

I hold Axis MAgnus and Atlas with higher limits. Do they check Credit card age if they are issuing such an upgrade?

Brother can you please share the link? And also can you please tell me what kind of saving account you have? Because I have Standard saving account so I don't have RM.

So as the Title Suggests, I need advice on best path forward to get Diners Club Black.

I currently have LTF Millenia. I sent mail to grievance redressal team seeking for an upgrade to DCB. My Millenia limit is 3.49L. It does not meet their C2C upgrade criteria but My net salary credit does meet the DCB criteria. Inspite of that the grievance redressal team rejected upgrade request. In my original mail, I did mention that my salary meets their DCB requirement, still on the reply, they didn't ask for salary slip or anything.

" We infer from your e-mail that you are interested in upgrading your Millennia card into Diners club black Card.

We take this opportunity to inform you that, the credit cards are offered, basis usage and payment pattern on the card account. We have reviewed your queries and regret to inform you that, we are unable to accommodate your request for an upgrade credit card at this point of time. We seek your kind understanding and co-operation in this regard."

1. What's the way forward for me? should I simply close Millenia, wait for 90 Days and reapply for DCB as new card basis the income? Is there a guarantee that they will issue DCB as new card?

2. I already have Tata Neu Infinity too, will this further create problems to get the core card from them since after closure of Millenia , I won't be having core card from them?

3. Wait for an offer from them? Come to think of it, I have recently opened preferred banking account with them. When and Where do the pre-approved Credit card offers show up on the Netbanking? So far I cannot see anything on netbanking.
To get pre-approved offer, you need to close both Neu Infinity, Millennia and other hdfc cards if you have*

Upgrade to preferred or classic

Mail them to give le, share salary slips. Also they may ask spends of 4lakh with present card in last 6 months.

Back