• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help for a zero balance account

Iamgora

TF Select
I currently have five accounts:
- Salary account with HDFC
- Primary savings account with SBI
- Secondary savings account with IDFC
- Investment account with Kotak
- Casual account with Jupiter

Now, I'm looking for a zero-balance account since I travel frequently and often need to use ATMs that I don't fully trust. Previously, I used a Paytm account solely for withdrawals. After that, I switched to Jupiter, but I recently received a notification about maintaining a minimum balance, so I'll be closing that account. Could you please recommend an alternative zero-balance account?

You can get an AU bank account. The debit card is chargeable though
Au didn’t worked for me as I live in tire 3 city most of the time. I don’t need to go for office often so I go to office when I needed as it’s a 5 hrs journey. I have a room there but i generally don’t stay there. And while I tried for opening an account in au they said pin code not serviceable.

U can get AU SFB digital SA which comes with rupay platinum dc u can use this for 20% off on amazon for bill payments

Other options r
Indusind select if u have legend cc
Icici family 360 banking privillege account if u have icici cc with above 4L limit
Bob lite with rupay platinum dc

Au didn’t worked for me as I live in tire 3 city most of the time. I don’t need to go for office often so I go to office when I needed as it’s a 5 hrs journey. I have a room there but i generally don’t stay there. And while I tried for opening an account in au they said pin code not serviceable.
You can open the BOB lite account online then. Rupay platinum debit card charges are waived off subject to QAB of 1-3K depending on your area. Apart from this Indusind Indie is also available but I’ve only heard negative comments for it

@Iamgora Saw your post regarding HDFC Preferred being offered to you. Why don’t you open a second account in HDFC and get it added to your preferred banking relationship? that makes your account 0 mab

@Iamgora Saw your post regarding HDFC Preferred being offered to you. Why don’t you open a second account in HDFC and get it added to your preferred banking relationship? that makes your account 0 mab
How will I do that? Like should I open an account in the same branch and same phone no? And add in the account and it will be zero balance? Will I get a dc on that? Will that account be also preferred account?

How will I do that? Like should I open an account in the same branch and same phone no? And add in the account and it will be zero balance? Will I get a dc on that? Will that account be also preferred account?
Get the preferred banking upgrade offer. Banking programs apply to a customer ID level. Apply for a new account at your branch. You can either directly open an account in a higher banking program with high IP or ask your RM to club your new account with your existing account under privilege banking. This makes your new account 0 balance, and 0 charges for DC, cheque book etc

Get the preferred banking upgrade offer. Banking programs apply to a customer ID level. Apply for a new account at your branch. You can either directly open an account in a higher banking program with high IP or ask your RM to club your new account with your existing account under privilege banking. This makes your new account 0 balance, and 0 charges for DC, cheque book etc
Can you explain I didn't get it

Can you explain I didn't get it
Basically preferred banking is a relationship program that applies to your customer ID and all accounts linked to it. Open any variant savings account at the branch and ask your relationship manager to put the new account in your preferred banking program. This makes the account 0 mab and 0 charges for services like debit card and cheque book

Basically preferred banking is a relationship program that applies to your customer ID and all accounts linked to it. Open any variant savings account at the branch and ask your relationship manager to put the new account in your preferred banking program. This makes the account 0 mab and 0 charges for services like debit card and cheque book
Got it. Thanks man

Back