• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help in understanding HDFC Billpay for paying credit card bills

ltf4ever

TF Legend
I added an axis bank cc in the Billpay section of my hdfc app. i got this email from hdfc:

"Did you know you can earn up to Rs.1800 CashBack by setting up Autopay on your bills?"

i want to know:
1. if i will earn 1% cashback by paying through my debit card, even if i don't setup autopay.
2. is this 1800 the upper limit of 1% casback through debit card? i have easyshop platinum dc.
3. while adding cc, i get an error ' smartpay cannot be enabled for this biller'. is everyone facing this error?
4. how does repeating autopay work? sometimes my cc bill is a few hundred rupees, but sometimes in thousands. does hdfc automatically retrieve the amount due, or do we have to manually enter payment amount everytime?
5. is smartpay and autopay the same thing?

Within 3 working days, you can see 1% cashback in netbanking.

Depends on the card, it will take 3 working days. So, pay accordingly.
https://www.technofino.in/community...-for-paying-credit-card-bills.3922/post-67351

Cred crediting instantly or providing 1% cashback?
I have paid the amount through hdfc mobile application. Is mobile app payment eligible for cashback or just net banking works.?

Cred app give us opportunity to win cashback for 3 days including bill payment day by trying our luck in the app by playing a game.
But the whole 3 days, I have earned a minimum cashback of 3 Rs each day.

I have paid the amount through hdfc mobile application. Is mobile app payment eligible for cashback or just net banking works.?

Cred app give us opportunity to win cashback for 3 days including bill payment day by trying our luck in the app by playing a game.
But the whole 3 days, I have earned a minimum cashback of 3 Rs each day.
Mob app also give cb but before payment in drop down u should select card instead of sb account

I recently started this way of payment. Someone in this forum said cashback earned will be shown the next day only. I am going to check the same when I will do my next bill payment otherwise I am also having same thinking that it takes 2-3 days.

If you are talking about that 750 cb points via HDFC DC billpay, no you don’t need to enable autopay.
There’s some other promotion going on for HDFC smart pay which requires autopay enabled for Cashback which can be set for both CC and DC.

I have paid my credit card bill from HDFC MILLENNIA Debit card but there is no change in cashback point....How many days it will take????
You don’t get cashback on millennia. You need to load money to paytm wallet via millennia dc and then pay your bill. That is how you get cashback.

If you are talking about that 750 cb points via HDFC DC billpay, no you don’t need to enable autopay.
There’s some other promotion going on for HDFC smart pay which requires autopay enabled for Cashback which can be set for both CC and DC.
I have paid my credit card bill from HDFC MILLENNIA Debit card but there is no change in cashback point....How many days it will take????

Back