• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help in understanding HDFC Billpay for paying credit card bills

ltf4ever

TF Legend
I added an axis bank cc in the Billpay section of my hdfc app. i got this email from hdfc:

"Did you know you can earn up to Rs.1800 CashBack by setting up Autopay on your bills?"

i want to know:
1. if i will earn 1% cashback by paying through my debit card, even if i don't setup autopay.
2. is this 1800 the upper limit of 1% casback through debit card? i have easyshop platinum dc.
3. while adding cc, i get an error ' smartpay cannot be enabled for this biller'. is everyone facing this error?
4. how does repeating autopay work? sometimes my cc bill is a few hundred rupees, but sometimes in thousands. does hdfc automatically retrieve the amount due, or do we have to manually enter payment amount everytime?
5. is smartpay and autopay the same thing?

There are many comments here which clearly said you need to use only and only Platinum debit card on HDFC billpay to pay credit card bills. This way you should get 1% cashback next day. The other way to pay your credit card bills is to use Millennia debit card, load amount in Paytm wallet and then pay credit card bill using paytm wallet balance. That way you will get cashback in 90 days.

There are many comments here which clearly said you need to use only and only Platinum debit card on HDFC billpay to pay credit card bills. This way you should get 1% cashback next day. The other way to pay your credit card bills is to use Millennia debit card, load amount in Paytm wallet and then pay credit card bill using paytm wallet balance. That way you will get cashback in 90 days.
If i directly pay through hdfc portal, i am eligible or not for cashback for millenia debit card

90 days isn't worth the wait for just 1%. Is it?

Back