• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Need help, regarding HDFC bank credit card upgrade.

Dr.Anand456

TF Select
I need suggestions. I have the HDFC Bank Millennia credit card, which I’ve been using for 1.5 years. When I first applied, they gave me a credit limit of only ₹23,000. Even after using the card for a year, my limit didn’t increase, so I manually requested an increase about 3 months ago. Based on my Income Tax Returns (ITR), the limit was increased from ₹23,000 to ₹1,25,000.

A few days ago, I manually requested HDFC Bank for a card upgrade and another limit increase. After almost a week of discussions, HDFC denied the limit increase, saying they can only increase the limit once every six months. However, they agreed to upgrade my card and offered me the Diners Club Privilege card with the first year free.

I also requested to upgrade my Tata Neo Plus card to its Infinity version, but the bank denied that, likely because the minimum required limit for the upgrade is ₹1,50,000.

Now, my question is: Should I upgrade my Millennia card to the Diners Club Privilege card, or should I wait for pre-approved offers? Also, is there any way I can get this card to be lifetime free, maybe by making some specific types of spends? I managed to make my Millennia card lifetime free with a similar approach in the past.

Currently, I have 3 HDFC cards: the Millennia card, the Tata Neo Plus card, and the Swiggy card, all of which are lifetime free.

Today, I’ve put in a request to upgrade the Diners Club Privilege card to a lifetime free card, but I’m not very hopeful. Please suggest what I should do and share any experiences you may have. Thanks for reading.

I need suggestions. I have the HDFC Bank Millennia credit card, which I’ve been using for 1.5 years. When I first applied, they gave me a credit limit of only ₹23,000. Even after using the card for a year, my limit didn’t increase, so I manually requested an increase about 3 months ago. Based on my Income Tax Returns (ITR), the limit was increased from ₹23,000 to ₹1,25,000.

A few days ago, I manually requested HDFC Bank for a card upgrade and another limit increase. After almost a week of discussions, HDFC denied the limit increase, saying they can only increase the limit once every six months. However, they agreed to upgrade my card and offered me the Diners Club Privilege card with the first year free.

I also requested to upgrade my Tata Neo Plus card to its Infinity version, but the bank denied that, likely because the minimum required limit for the upgrade is ₹1,50,000.

Now, my question is: Should I upgrade my Millennia card to the Diners Club Privilege card, or should I wait for pre-approved offers? Also, is there any way I can get this card to be lifetime free, maybe by making some specific types of spends? I managed to make my Millennia card lifetime free with a similar approach in the past.

Currently, I have 3 HDFC cards: the Millennia card, the Tata Neo Plus card, and the Swiggy card, all of which are lifetime free.

Today, I’ve put in a request to upgrade the Diners Club Privilege card to a lifetime free card, but I’m not very hopeful. Please suggest what I should do and share any experiences you may have. Thanks for reading.
Are you taking DCP just for the sake of upgrade? Or your spends actually allign with DCP?

If not, then you already got the answer to stick with Millennia.

If yes, then fees should not bother you as your spends will take care of the fee waiver.

Are you taking DCP just for the sake of upgrade? Or your spends actually allign with DCP?

If not, then you already got the answer to stick with Millennia.

If yes, then fees should not bother you as your spends will take care of the fee waiver.
I can spend 5 to 8 lakh on this card, can this upgrade beneficial for me...?

ITR range 7 to 8 lakh, and i can spend around 5-8 lakh per year.
Okay. HDFC cards provide great value on Smartbuy. However there aren't many milestone benefits.
I assume that you have just started your journey so I'll advise you keep your LTF Milennia and look for cards which can provide better value back on spending 5-8L in a year.
If your location is serviceable with amex then I would suggest you get Amex plat travel just because you can sell the MR points via Marriott Bonvoy route. Otherwise you can also look for Axis Atlas if you travel and like to stay in accor properties.
If you want to speed up your HDFC LE and upgrade journey then consider closing the co branded cards. HDFC is very weird in providing LE, my non working wife who has only core card, got 40% LE without spending a penny and even after begging for 1 year and Upgrading to Infinia they haven't increased my limit.

Okay. HDFC cards provide great value on Smartbuy. However there aren't many milestone benefits.
I assume that you have just started your journey so I'll advise you keep your LTF Milennia and look for cards which can provide better value back on spending 5-8L in a year.
If your location is serviceable with amex then I would suggest you get Amex plat travel just because you can sell the MR points via Marriott Bonvoy route. Otherwise you can also look for Axis Atlas if you travel and like to stay in accor properties.
If you want to speed up your HDFC LE and upgrade journey then consider closing the co branded cards. HDFC is very weird in providing LE, my non working wife who has only core card, got 40% LE without spending a penny and even after begging for 1 year and Upgrading to Infinia they haven't increased my limit.
That's true, thank you for your suggestions.

How can we sell using MB route. thoda torch daalna bhai! :D

Back