• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion in switching salary acc from ICICI to HDFC

pjain2712

TF Premier
Hello,

I currently have my salary account opened (since Dec-2021) in ICICI and have Privilege (Red/Maroon) variant and so far I did not see any charges levied for any services as of now. And I also have a Savings Max account (classic variant) in HDFC with 25k MAB, opened in April month this year.

I am planning to switch my salary account from ICICI to HDFC in order to take advantage of preapproved offers.
As for ICICI, I already received ICICI Sapphiro (LTF) and Apay credit cards as preapproved but don't have any HDFC credit card as of now.

Please advise the approach I should follow for ICICI account after switching my salary account to HDFC so that no charges (Debit card, SMS etc..) are levied on my existing ICICI account even if it is not salary account, I am fine if I have to maintain MAB.

@TechnoFino @BankExpertIndia

Last edited:
They don't downgrade salary account if you do frequent transaction but if you want peace of mind getting gold account 50k mab will make dc and sms charges free for you.

Can confirm you will get pre-approved offer in HDFC even without a salary account.

They don't downgrade salary account if you do frequent transaction but if you want peace of mind getting gold account 50k mab will make dc and sms charges free for you.

Can confirm you will get pre-approved offer in HDFC even without a salary account.
Thanks for your input, but I believe in HDFC, if we have salary account, we get pre-approved offers quickly when compared to non salary account right? And I think credit limit also would be at the higher side.

Then why wait for pre approved offer
Why don't you directly apply using income docs??
Yes I can apply for it (earlier applied in Feb month and got rejected) but I am planning to have salary account in HDFC as anyway I got premium card from ICICI so it's fine to not have salary account with them anymore and might close it eventually as well... And applying card in HDFC would lead to hard enquiries and there might be chances of rejection so having salary account will help.

Last edited:
Hello,

I currently have my salary account opened (since Dec-2021) in ICICI and have Privilege (Red/Maroon) variant and so far I did not see any charges levied for any services as of now. And I also have a Savings Max account (classic variant) in HDFC with 25k MAB, opened in April month this year.

I am planning to switch my salary account from ICICI to HDFC in order to take advantage of preapproved offers.
As for ICICI, I already received ICICI Sapphiro (LTF) and Apay credit cards as preapproved but don't have any HDFC credit card as of now.

Please advise the approach I should follow for ICICI account after switching my salary account to HDFC so that no charges (Debit card, SMS etc..) are levied on my existing ICICI account even if it is not salary account, I am fine if I have to maintain MAB.

How much salary u got in account... As sapphiro requires salary above 2 lakh pm for getting ltf pre-approved...?? In how many months of salary credit dis u got the iffer.. Did u got apay after sapphiro...?? Were any documents asked in apay..??

Thanks for your input, but I believe in HDFC, if we have salary account, we get pre-approved offers quickly when compared to non salary account right? And I think credit limit also would be at the higher side.
This is my view (Strictly) am really unlucky with this i hold salary account with HDFC I haven't even a single LTF card nor LE enhancement.. I had salary account with ICICI for a year my Coral was made LTF, My credit card limit was enhanced to 3Lakh both on amazon and Coral.. Even today i don't pay any SMS or Debit card charges with ICICI

This is my view (Strictly) am really unlucky with this i hold salary account with HDFC I haven't even a single LTF card nor LE enhancement.. I had salary account with ICICI for a year my Coral was made LTF, My credit card limit was enhanced to 3Lakh both on amazon and Coral.. Even today i don't pay any SMS or Debit card charges with ICICI
Thanks for sharing.

Hello,

just hdfc salary account and downgrade your icici account to silver or upgrade to wealth (zero maintenance)

Thanks for your response.. Silver account does not have any charges? How can I check which type of salary account I have?
they will convert your salary ac to savings ac after 3 month (3 month no salary credit condition), that time you have to maintain balance.
you might get gold account 50k maintenance and no fees for debit card, and other services.

I am currently using Rupay DC, can I still continue using the same if I change my account from Salary to Gold Savings?

How much salary should be credited in hdfc salary account to get the offer of LTF DCB card? Asking this because salary account holders of hdfc are getting this.

I am not a salary holder with HDFC still i got Regalia LTF unconditionally even though i don't meet the income required for paid Regalia :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And here I am maintaining good Balamce and doing good transactions...but till now in 1 year....not a single offer for cards...only offers for flexipay and bike loan......

To add salt to wound..They are now offering two wheeler loan on Ola s1 from one week....plus 1500 Ola money voucher

Back