• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Suggestion on Amex Plat Travel Retention Options

Lucifer311

TF Buzz
My Amex Plat Travel is due for renewal next month, called customer care to close the card because I don't want to pay the renewal fee of 5000+GST.
They offered 3 options as below to retain my card account-
  1. They will reduce the fee by 50 %, i need to pay 2500+GST for renew
  2. They will waive the renewal fee after deducting 10000 MR points
  3. I need to spend 1.5L in next 90 days & they will revert the fees i paid along with GST. I will be getting regular rewards & milestone benefit as well on that spend.
The last option I feel is better, but need suggestion from you guys.

My Amex Plat Travel is due for renewal next month, called customer care to close the card because I don't want to pay the renewal fee of 5000+GST.
They offered 3 options as below to retain my card account-
  1. They will reduce the fee by 50 %, i need to pay 2500+GST for renew
  2. They will waive the renewal fee after deducting 10000 MR points
  3. I need to spend 1.5L in next 90 days & they will revert the fees i paid along with GST. I will be getting regular rewards & milestone benefit as well on that spend.
The last option I feel is better, but need suggestion from you guys.

I got the same offer + 1 more option:

1) 50% reduction in annual fee
2)10,000 MR points deducted , towards fee
3)10,000 MR points given , for fee payment
4) 1.5L spend in 90 days for complete fee waiver..

I chose option 4 and asked for if he can reduce this to 1L or 1.2L
He said there was no manual entry in the amount field.. but he offered me I could call them later after 90 days and request for a bit more time if I could not achieve 1.5L within 90 days.. say, extending it for another month..

So, as of now.. my 1.5L spend offer is valid from today ie. 03/09/2024 to 02/12/2024 ..
I can extend this if I want to, by calling them a few days before 02/12/2024, if I fall short of 1.5l spend

Last edited:

He said there was no manual entry in the amount field.. but he offered me I could call them later after 90 days and request for a bit more time if I could not achieve 1.5L within 90 days.. say, extending it for another month..

So, as of now.. my 1.5L spend offer is valid from today ie. 03/09/2024 to 02/12/2024 ..
I can extend this if I want to, by calling them a few days before 02/12/2024, if I fall short of 1.5l spend
exactly same for me... :D

Reactions: SSV

Your renewal date?

I also got the same offers when I called them today. Initially they were not telling about the spend based waiver offer but after mentioning it they agreed to it and I took it.

Reactions: SSV

The extension sounds great, I'll keep this in mind for my renewal lol.

af

I can extend this if I want to, by calling them a few days before 02/12/2024, if I fall short of 1.5l spends

After choosing spend based waiver, did u get any mail communication specifying 1.5lac to be spent for waiver ?? i just got a mail with a pdf showing promise to spend offer where nothing specific regarding amount to be spent was mentioned. Is it enough?

af

After choosing spend based waiver, did u get any mail communication specifying 1.5lac to be spent for waiver ?? i just got a mail with a pdf showing promise to spend offer where nothing specific regarding amount to be spent was mentioned. Is it enough?
nothing will be communicated via email... the offer will be recoreded in their system..

Back