• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion on crypto Cold wallets

Pravas

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi All.

From past few months I was thinking about buying a cold wallet for my crypto investments. But with today's wazir x hack now I think its high time to get one.

If someone from our forum is already using cold wallet, please suggest a good wallet around 25K. The main criteria is reliability/trust factor and secondary is features.
The main use of this wallet will be to store my BTC and ETH for long term (10+ years) , so limited coin support is OK with me.

Also a related query, what would be the gas fee to transfer BTC and ETH from CoinDCX and WazirX to cold wallet.

Thanks for all your help and suggestion.

Hi All.

From past few months I was thinking about buying a cold wallet for my crypto investments. But with today's wazir x hack now I think its high time to get one.

If someone from our forum is already using cold wallet, please suggest a good wallet around 25K. The main criteria is reliability/trust factor and secondary is features.
The main use of this wallet will be to store my BTC and ETH for long term (10+ years) , so limited coin support is OK with me.

Also a related query, what would be the gas fee to transfer BTC and ETH from CoinDCX and WazirX to cold wallet.

I too am in same situation but i have some privacy coins on their own chain
So cold wallet won’t help me much so i stopped there
Btw don’t bother abt gas fee when it comes to assets protection that too ur horizon is 10yrs

Hi All.

You will not be able to withdraw from WazirX, not now and may be never.

I have been using Ledger Nano X for the past 4 years. No issues till date and I do access every month to transfer new purchases monthly. Only thing that I have observed with Ledger is you do get phishing emails and also once or twice I received a call as well stating Ledger employee and I need to perform something to safeguard. I disconnected and till date it is safe itself .

I have been using Ledger Nano X for the past 4 years. No issues till date and I do access every month to transfer new purchases monthly. Only thing that I have observed with Ledger is you do get phishing emails and also once or twice I received a call as well stating Ledger employee and I need to perform something to safeguard. I disconnected and till date it is safe itself .
Ledger is risky af, they are pretty shady if you search about them, if you are holding a considerable amount than better switch.

have been using
Hi All.

Have been using Ledger Nano S since 2018.
After over 5 years, the major issue I am seeing is that the small screen brightness has gone as low as 10% and the only way to use it is by using my mobile camera with full zoom.

Apart from that, I found the ease of use and have strong trust on the product. I am planning myself to buy the new version of ledger nano s plus.

have been using

Have been using Ledger Nano S since 2018.
After over 5 years, the major issue I am seeing is that the small screen brightness has gone as low as 10% and the only way to use it is by using my mobile camera with full zoom.

Apart from that, I found the ease of use and have strong trust on the product. I am planning myself to buy the new version of ledger nano s plus.
I dont have this issue in mine.. its still the same brightness for me.

You guys can also check out cypherock x1, its an Indian company with good reviews and use case as it uses rfid cards for storing seeds and splitting them in 5 parts, so you can keep them at separate locations to be safe, also easy to handle for your wife or kids in case something happens to you .

After doing some homework i think for a long term safety I will go with US crypto ETFs like IBIT. It's expensive but I trust those wall street guys to take utmost security that can be possible. Also there will be fed oversight.
I will still buy direct crypto but the split will be 80% ETF and 20% direct for my 10+ year horizon.

Back