• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Suggestions for credit cards to apply

Suniiil

TF Buzz
I recently Turned 21 And I have these following cards so which other cc should i apply or cards which i can get .
My cibil score is 781 and cibil history is 2.5 yrs old .

Cards I have :

1. One Card ( 32k limit ) 2.5 yrs old
2. Hfdc Tata Neu Plus Rupay ( 25k ) 1.7 yrs old
3. Flipakrt axis mastercard ( 15K ) 1.5 yrs Old
4. Kotak league platinum Rupay ( 20K ) 1.2 yrs old
4. Indian Oil Axis Rupay ( 15k ) 1 yr old
5. Airtel Axis Mastercard ( 15k ) 1 month old

Also I have savings account in Hdfc , AU , Kotak , SBI , Fi And Jupiter Money .
From Which I can expect Pre - approved Offers ?

You are salaried right? Try to get LE ( Limit Enhancement) for your cards so your utilization ratio goes down.

1. Since you already have Flipkart Axis, go for Amazon Pay to cover Amazon purchases and also get 1% on Gold purchases you might do offline.
  2. HDFC Millenia is really good since it covers multiple brands for flat 5% off but since you already have a Tata Neu it will be very difficult to get a Millenia. If you dont use Tata Neu much, try to convert your Tata Neu to millenia. Recently saw a thread where someone did this and also got their Millenia converted to LTF while their Neu was Paid. https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/successfully-converted-tata-neu-to-millenia.28322/
  3. If you have fuel expenses ( i see Indian Oil) go for SBI Octane BPCL since its one of the best fuel cards . There is a post on this as well . https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/11-best-credit-cards-in-india-for-fuel-spends.20523/
  4. AMEX if you do Gold schemes in your family like the Malabar 11 month scheme and stuff. Gives great returns on Gold.Its also good if you want to get into the hotel experience and dont earn too high wherein M4B or Atlas might be better.

Specify your spends and patterns of how you spend along with what you are actually looking for so folks here can suggest proper solution to your question.

Before one can suggest, you must give more information about your spends :)

Since you are 21, appears you still have education fees as a major expense. Apart from that if there are any major expenses which you would like to share?

If your education expense is high, AMEX MRCC or Plat Travel will be good for you as you can use your education payments to complete Milestones and earn decent rewards.

Don't be inspired by posts on TF bragging about their "CC portfolios" or showing off more CCs than fingers on 2 hands! There are an equal number of posts regretting getting so many CCs and wondering how to trim them down.

With such small CC limits I hardly doubt your annual CC spends exceed even 2L. It is not really worth your time and effort to procure more CCs which will let you barely save a few thousand rupees more than what your current CCs let you save already.

You have more than you need. Unless you're spending for your family, I do not think you need anymore cards. Btw, whats the apprx. annual spends for you (including all except wallet loads)

btw, you can focus on improving relationship and getting better limits (thats possible if you spend actively and will take time if you distribute everywhere).

Last edited:
Don't be inspired by posts on TF bragging about their "CC portfolios" or showing off more CCs than fingers on 2 hands! There are an equal number of posts regretting getting so many CCs and wondering how to trim them down.

With such small CC limits I hardly doubt your annual CC spends exceed even 2L. It is not really worth your time and effort to procure more CCs which will let you barely save a few thousand rupees more than what your current CCs let you save already.
Well said .. op please take note.
ps : don't get into rewardpoints traps like amex.

You have more than you need. Unless you're spending for your family, I do not think you need anymore cards. Btw, whats the apprx. annual spends for you (including all except wallet loads)

btw, you can focus on improving relationship and getting better limits (thats possible if you spend actively and will take time if you distribute everywhere).
Wise words!!
that is why as I said in my earlier comment, you need to first categorize your major spends and only after that you should look out for your CC need.
Must not forget that the CC defaults are biggest loans of human history!

I recently Turned 21 And I have these following cards so which other cc should i apply or cards which i can get .
My cibil score is 781 and cibil history is 2.5 yrs old .

Cards I have :

1. One Card ( 32k limit ) 2.5 yrs old
2. Hfdc Tata Neu Plus Rupay ( 25k ) 1.7 yrs old
3. Flipakrt axis mastercard ( 15K ) 1.5 yrs Old
4. Kotak league platinum Rupay ( 20K ) 1.2 yrs old
4. Indian Oil Axis Rupay ( 15k ) 1 yr old
5. Airtel Axis Mastercard ( 15k ) 1 month old

Also I have savings account in Hdfc , AU , Kotak , SBI , Fi And Jupiter Money .
From Which I can expect Pre - approved Offers ?

Are your cards LTF or Paid?
How do you use these cards currently?

one card ( LTF )
Flipkart Axis ( Paid ) but reversed the annual charges
Tata Neu ( LTF )
Kotak ( LTF )
Axis Indian Oil ( Paid ) fees waived off by annual spend
axis airtel ( PAID )

Currently Using Hdfc and Kotak For UPI spends
One Card for instant Discounts and special offline store offers like on dmart , zudio etc .
Flipkart axis for spends on flipkart
Indian Oil card for fuel spends
and Airtel Card For Recharges and Utility .

You are salaried right? Try to get LE ( Limit Enhancement) for your cards so your utilization ratio goes down.

1. Since you already have Flipkart Axis, go for Amazon Pay to cover Amazon purchases and also get 1% on Gold purchases you might do offline.
  2. HDFC Millenia is really good since it covers multiple brands for flat 5% off but since you already have a Tata Neu it will be very difficult to get a Millenia. If you dont use Tata Neu much, try to convert your Tata Neu to millenia. Recently saw a thread where someone did this and also got their Millenia converted to LTF while their Neu was Paid. https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/successfully-converted-tata-neu-to-millenia.28322/
  3. If you have fuel expenses ( i see Indian Oil) go for SBI Octane BPCL since its one of the best fuel cards . There is a post on this as well . https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/11-best-credit-cards-in-india-for-fuel-spends.20523/
  4. AMEX if you do Gold schemes in your family like the Malabar 11 month scheme and stuff. Gives great returns on Gold.Its also good if you want to get into the hotel experience and dont earn too high wherein M4B or Atlas might be better.

Specify your spends and patterns of how you spend along with what you are actually looking for so folks here can suggest proper solution to your question.
Appreciate This Brother ...

got it ...

Wise words!!
that is why as I said in my earlier comment, you need to first categorize your major spends and only after that you should look out for your CC need.
Must not forget that the CC defaults are biggest loans of human history!
I Know bro ... that is why Only Spending the amount which i have in my savings account .

Back