• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need urgent help in choosing Forex card

skywalker

TF Select
I need to place an international order (US) from India, and get it delivered to an address in US itself. I need a zero forex card for that ASAP.

For now, that’s my only purpose, but I would be using that card physically also in the future, while traveling abroad. So it would be good to have no charges on ATM withdrawals and POS spends in other countries, but my major concern for now is that the forex markup should be 0, and the card should be LTF (preferably, debit card, since CC would take some time).

I’ve explored a little too much and I’m now confused. Scapia, Niyo debit cards (which one to get?), BookMyForex card, Fi debit card etc. Please help me with which card to get.

skywalker

TF Select
Take fi (infinity) or niyo (global equitas) for atm withdrawal. Cc with high rewards (like hdfc infinia or idfc wealth etc) for pos.
Also for hdfc cc you can activate global program which gives extra points but has a monthly /qtly charge.
Avoid forex card-> higher charges.
Can't IDFC Wealth CC be used for online international transaction in US from India? I read somewhere that in Wealth CC:
Forex markup fee without GST: 1.5%
Forex markup fee with GST: ~1.77%
Reward rate on international transactions - 2.5%
So, overall charges for international transaction: -0.73%

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can't IDFC Wealth CC be used for online international transaction in US from India? I read somewhere that in Wealth CC:
Forex markup fee without GST: 1.5%
Forex markup fee with GST: ~1.77%
Reward rate on international transactions - 2.5%
So, overall charges for international transaction: -0.73%
Can be used. Sbi cashback can also be used

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I need to place an international order (US) from India, and get it delivered to an address in US itself. I need a zero forex card for that ASAP.

For now, that’s my only purpose, but I would be using that card physically also in the future, while traveling abroad. So it would be good to have no charges on ATM withdrawals and POS spends in other countries, but my major concern for now is that the forex markup should be 0, and the card should be LTF (preferably, debit card, since CC would take some time).

I’ve explored a little too much and I’m now confused. Scapia, Niyo debit cards (which one to get?), BookMyForex card, Fi debit card etc. Please help me with which card to get.
IndusInd exclusive DCs are the best IMO(excluding that Indie BS). But you would need to maintain upwards of 2L MAB.
You could try Niyo Global credit card or IDFC Wow CC as you can withdraw up to 100% credit limit(with a cash advance fee of Rs.300 & Rs.250 respectively). A few people I know told me they had a good experience with Fi DC, but I don't know how reliable Fintechs can be these days.

skywalker

TF Select
IndusInd exclusive DCs are the best IMO(excluding that Indie BS). But you would need to maintain upwards of 2L MAB.
You could try Niyo Global credit card or IDFC Wow CC as you can withdraw up to 100% credit limit(with a cash advance fee of Rs.300 & Rs.250 respectively). A few people I know told me they had a good experience with Fi DC, but I don't know how reliable Fintechs can be these days.
I don't really want to have to maintain 2L+ MAB in a new bank account right now :/
I was hoping to go for an option where I wouldn't have to invest any huge amount, and can get LTF card (debit/credit) by opening an account or otherwise.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Also, Indie savings account vs Niyo Equitas savings account? Which one would be better?
Indie is unreliable. Browse the forum and you'll find enough negative feedback. For zero MAB go with NiyoX or Fi Money if you want to get a DC. You can download the app and get started. The card will reach you in a few days after you register on the app. But do note that Neobanks have frequent downtimes.
For credit cards, you could get Niyo Global CC or IDFC Wow CC. Both are LTF and are secured CCs.