• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
They always say this only... Mine rejected yesterday only.... Despite havings 3 cards from other banks and good cibil... Dont take their word
After how many days can you apply once your card get rejected. Mine got rejected after my stupidity (while clicking my photo for kyc and I included my PAN photo with it).

Immediately.... Sbi has no cooling period.

I think I should try again. SBI really doesn't like me
They rejected my application. Twice. I have no idea why when I am such an old customer of theirs (FDs and savings a/c). Then to add salt to the wound, even without my applying again, they rejected my application a 2nd time, about 6 weeks after the first rejection. So for one application I've got 2 rejections 6 weeks apart. Then a day after the 2nd rejection they called me again asking if I was interested :) I would have given them my worst CC department award but that is reserved for ICICI bank who are in a class of their own

ICICI bank rejected my application for their lowest level Platinum card. Despite the fact that a) I hold a Wealth account with them b) Have an Amazon Pay ICICI card from 2019 with a 7.4L limit and not a single default c) I uploaded all the required documents PAN, ITR, bank statement, photo, blah, blah whatever, except for the salary slip d) The account into which my salary gets deposited is an ICICI account and I have had it for the last 20+ years across 2 different companies

The reason they gave me was: no salary slip so the online CC department can't process it. You need to visit the branch. When I asked them why they couldn't process it (L1 person and L2 supervisor said the same), they said it was because they would not be able to assign a credit limit. Oddest thing I've ever heard when I already have a 7.2L limit with them (and a bunch of money in savings, which I am now going to withdraw and park in IDFC). ICICI easily beats SBI CC for the stupidest CC department award

Last edited:
They rejected my application. Twice. I have no idea why when I am such an old customer of theirs (FDs and savings a/c). Then to add salt to the wound, even without my applying again, they rejected my application a 2nd time, about 6 weeks after the first rejection. So for one application I've got 2 rejections 6 weeks apart. Then a day after the 2nd rejection they called me again asking if I was interested :) I would have given them my worst CC department award but that is reserved for ICICI bank who are in a class of their own

ICICI bank rejected my application for a Platinum card. Despite the fact that a) I hold a Wealth account with them b) Have an Amazon Pay ICICI card from 2019 with a 7.4L limit and not a single default c) I uploaded all the required documents PAN, ITR, bank statement, photo, blah, blah whatever, except for the salary slip

The reason they gave me was: no salary slip so the online CC department can't process it. You need to visit the branch. When I asked them why they couldn't process it (L1 person and L2 supervisor said the same), they said it was because they would not be able to assign a credit limit. Oddest thing I've ever heard when I already have a 7.2L limit with them (and a bunch of money in savings, which I am now going to withdraw an park in IDFC). ICICI easily beats SBI CC for the stupidest CC department award
Sbi is a foolish brand.. They have rejected my application 13 times... Without no reason I have tried every combo with them.... Salried, self employed.. Salary slip, itr, Applied online, Applied via yona, Applied via agent and what not... They reject it... And on sprrint you cant apply with same number before 6 months.... So try with different mobile number

Sbi is a foolish brand.. They have rejected my application 13 times... Without no reason I have tried every combo with them.... Salried, self employed.. Salary slip, itr, Applied online, Applied via yona, Applied via agent and what not... They reject it... And on sprrint you cant apply with same number before 6 months.... So try with different mobile number
So better to maintain 12 SIM cards for attacking sbi sprint back to back lol

Hey Everyone
I got sbi cashback card with 1.28L limit
my cibil was 782 & it is my first card from SBI
here it is all timelines

- 15 Oct Apply Via Sprint ( with digi locker )
- 17 Oct Physical KYC Done ( agent showing me how much limit i get it )
- 18 Oct 1st verification call
- 20 Oct 2nd Verification Call ( Direct Cut )
- 20 Oct Received 11 Days Message
- 21 Oct Received Plan Protection Call
- 26 Oct Received Virtual Card link

i want try via c2c method to get higher limit but it is ohk they provide me sufficient limit for my usage

one funny thing also i want to share with you
the physical kyc during agent told me that card is not much valuable you don't get cashback transaction on above 10K😅😅
if you use below 10k then you will get cashback on above you don't get cashback
then i was explained them but still they told 2L for fee waiver then i let them go
i can't explain more those person
Either the person had sales target for another card, or the person was under-informed.

Gosh! ..so did you finally get the sbi cashback card? Many got it even after being rejected

I don't know but i tried to explain them with calculation but they denied
If they don't give proper guidance there sales person then we can't do anything
Also there mail customer service is also worst what we ask and what they replied i don't know
Why are they trying to like Dump

Either the person had sales target for another card, or the person was under-informed.

ICICI bank rejected my application for their lowest level Platinum card. Despite the fact that a) I hold a Wealth account with them b) Have an Amazon Pay ICICI card from 2019 with a 7.4L limit and not a single default c) I uploaded all the required documents PAN, ITR, bank statement, photo, blah, blah whatever, except for the salary slip d) The account into which my salary gets deposited is an ICICI account and I have had it for the last 20+ years across 2 different companies

The reason they gave me was: no salary slip so the online CC department can't process it. You need to visit the branch. When I asked them why they couldn't process it (L1 person and L2 supervisor said the same), they said it was because they would not be able to assign a credit limit. Oddest thing I've ever heard when I already have a 7.2L limit with them (and a bunch of money in savings, which I am now going to withdraw and park in IDFC). ICICI easily beats SBI CC for the stupidest CC department award
Maintaining good relationship with SBI isn't gonna get you SBI card.

for electricity bill payment should I go to electricity board website which will incur approx. 1% gateway charges or should I pay the bill from easy bill pay in SBI card website to gain 1% cashback

Back