• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
Pay thru Amazon / GV if its available for 5% cb
for electricity bill payment should I go to electricity board website which will incur approx. 1% gateway charges or should I pay the bill from easy bill pay in SBI card website to gain 1% cashback

Yes, but if the electricity bill is above ₹10,000 then you’ll only be able to pay via Amazon Pay UPI, not GV balance. So make sure you don’t use the Amazon GV method if the bill amount is above ₹10,000.

Did you receive and automated call to unblock? I got it pretty much the moment the transaction got declined and card got blocked. Selected the option to unblock. The app continued to show the card as blocked but was able to make another transaction(didn't have the courage to try purchasing gv again...think was on zingoy). Got a call from credit card department confirming thr card was unblocked and the app would start showing it after 24 hours. Think sbi deliberately blocks it under the garb of preventing suspicious activity..

I got the cashback card approval message 2 days ago.....when can i get the card delivered and how can i check the credit limit assigned to me??
You will get card within 7 days, takes time for printing process don't know why.

You can check your limit online on website and app if this is not you first sbi credit card. Else try to to register on app, will ask for card number if you are not already a customer.

I think I should try again. SBI really doesn't like me
They rejected my application. Twice. I have no idea why when I am such an old customer of theirs (FDs and savings a/c). Then to add salt to the wound, even without my applying again, they rejected my application a 2nd time, about 6 weeks after the first rejection. So for one application I've got 2 rejections 6 weeks apart. Then a day after the 2nd rejection they called me again asking if I was interested :) I would have given them my worst CC department award but that is reserved for ICICI bank who are in a class of their own

ICICI bank rejected my application for their lowest level Platinum card. Despite the fact that a) I hold a Wealth account with them b) Have an Amazon Pay ICICI card from 2019 with a 7.4L limit and not a single default c) I uploaded all the required documents PAN, ITR, bank statement, photo, blah, blah whatever, except for the salary slip d) The account into which my salary gets deposited is an ICICI account and I have had it for the last 20+ years across 2 different companies

The reason they gave me was: no salary slip so the online CC department can't process it. You need to visit the branch. When I asked them why they couldn't process it (L1 person and L2 supervisor said the same), they said it was because they would not be able to assign a credit limit. Oddest thing I've ever heard when I already have a 7.2L limit with them (and a bunch of money in savings, which I am now going to withdraw and park in IDFC). ICICI easily beats SBI CC for the stupidest CC department award
Mine is also rejected due to multiple applications which were not applied by me. Complained on Twitter regarding the same and I got a call. Executive informed me that system creates multiple application automatically which is very hard to trust. He also suggested me to wait for atleast 90 days for reapply. SBI agents are useless and they apply n apply on your behalf. That's why there were multiple applications on my account which cause to rejection.

Mine is also rejected due to multiple applications which were not applied by me. Complained on Twitter regarding the same and I got a call. Executive informed me that system creates multiple application automatically which is very hard to trust. He also suggested me to wait for atleast 90 days for reapply. SBI agents are useless and they apply n apply on your behalf. That's why there were multiple applications on my account which cause to rejection.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess that is the reason why it was rejected a 2nd time without any application, as well as why a person called up again after the 2nd rejection. The person was probably an agent and not from SBI

Back