• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[NEW] JioFinance App to Pay Your Credit Card Bills using Debit Card

This thread is over a month old now. Can anyone confirm if you pay your credit card bill on the JioFinance app with the HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card, would you get 1% cashback or not?
I just confirmed that you still get debit card cashback if you pay your credit card bill on the JioFinance app with your HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card. Seeing ₹2 accumulated in the debit card cashback balance for the bill payment I did on Saturday for ₹200.

EDIT: HDFC Bank's email support team has confirmed that the MCC for the terminal is, 4900 (Utilities). Which is why it earns reward points.

Last edited:
I just confirmed that you still get debit card cashback if you pay your credit card bill on the JioFinance app with your HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card. Seeing ₹2 accumulated in the debit card cashback balance for the bill payment I did on Saturday for ₹200.
do we need jio bank account for payment?

Made an initial payment towards my Axis CC today using HDFC Platinum DC went through fine. I opted to save the card details. However the second payment is not going through, it doesn't even take you to the OTP page. Maybe some glitch. Will try again after sometime.

Hopefully the MCC remains that of Utilities as the previous poster mentioned. I did have some payments to make towards my HDFC CC, and this would definitely help if it works.

EDIT: HDFC Bank's email support team has confirmed that the MCC for the terminal is, 4900 (Utilities). Which is why it earns reward points.
They have changed it, Ab kisiko nahi mil raha,
24th ke baad unlogo ne kuch update kar diya he so no one is getting CB in JioFinance for HDFC Easyshop Platinum DC.

Made an initial payment towards my Axis CC today using HDFC Platinum DC went through fine. I opted to save the card details. However the second payment is not going through, it doesn't even take you to the OTP page. Maybe some glitch. Will try again after sometime.
The JioFinance app is a bit buggy though. If I recall correctly, I also experienced this problem once. I suggest you to close and re-open the app for each payment.

Moreover, saving the card details doesn't work currently, as its payment gateway doesn't support card tokenization yet.

By the way, what's the merchant name being shown in your HDFC Bank account statement? Is it "REL*RELIANCE PAY" or anything else?

The JioFinance app is a bit buggy though. If I recall correctly, I also experienced this problem once. I suggest you to close and re-open the app for each payment.

Moreover, saving the card details doesn't work currently, as its payment gateway doesn't support card tokenization yet.

By the way, what's the merchant name being shown in your HDFC Bank account statement? Is it "REL*RELIANCE PAY" or anything else?
I paid 3k today with HDFC platinum card. This is what mentioned in account statement

POS REL*RELIANCE PAY

I paid 3k today with HDFC platinum card. This is what mentioned in account statement

POS REL*RELIANCE PAY
Looks like the Merchant Name and hopefully the Terminal ID is also the same as before. Not sure if they have changed the MCC to a non-rewarding category.

Could you please send an email to support@hdfcbank.com and mention its transaction details, and ask them what the MCC of this transaction is? Please do get back to this thread when they reply you.

Are ye sab chodo, main topic pe focus kro
From 1st Aug 24 HDFC cards (debit + credit) will allow only 50k utility bill payment free
Anything above 50k will be charged 1% extra
Ek email aya tha 1-2 months pehle

Looks like the Merchant Name and hopefully the Terminal ID is also the same as before. Not sure if they have changed the MCC to a non-rewarding category.

Could you please send an email to support@hdfcbank.com and mention its transaction details, and ask them what the MCC of this transaction is? Please do get back to this thread when they reply you.
REL*RELIANCE PAY wil not be rewarded pakka..bohut logo ko 5-6din hua nei mila

REL*RELIANCE PAY wil not be rewarded pakka..bohut logo ko 5-6din hua nei mila
Have you all tried to use your debit card elsewhere recently (in a rewarding category) to check if they are crediting reward points for them or not? It could be possible that they have deferred the debit card reward operations for now.

Have you all tried to use your debit card elsewhere recently (in a rewarding category) to check if they are crediting reward points for them or not? It could be possible that they have deferred the debit card reward operations for now.
i have tried all..except canara as i think pkmkb vai has done on canara..so testing is fully going by everyone

Sent a email, i am an emperia customer so called my RM to know the MCC but they have option to view for cc transactions only. Since i sent a mail RM said they will check and let me know, will let you know once i get an update.

Back