• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New notes packets

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How to get packets of new notes of all denominations as banks not providing more then 2packts of new notes and smaller notes like 10,50 not available, tried even with currency chest branches.
Is there any procedure that we can place demand with banks for new packets or any other way

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How to get packets of new notes of all denominations as banks not providing more then 2packts of new notes and smaller notes like 10,50 not available, tried even with currency chest branches.
Is there any procedure that we can place demand with banks for new packets or any other way
Incidentally, I was in SBI Branch yesterday and saw Rs 50 new note pack. And there were like 20 packs in one plastic wrap bundle. They handed over 1 full bundle to customer as he seemed to have requested for it some time back.

I don't think there is a restriction per say on providing how new notes pack, it just works on your relationship with branch. They do get new notes regularly.

Last edited:

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Incidentally, I was in SBI Branch yesterday and saw Rs 50 new note pack. And there were like 20 packs in one plastic wrap bundle. They handed over 1 full bundle to customer as he seemed to have requested for it some time back.

I don't think there is a restriction per say on providing how new notes pack, it just works on your relationship with branch. They do get new notes regularly.
Dts true coz it depends on liaison with branch as normally they provide 1-2 packets only

Haha. I work in a bank and for the last two weeks, we have been more busy providing new notes packets rather than doing some actual work. Where are you from?

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I was just wondering. Imagine if CBDC also had this freshness score in their notes/coins and based on freshness score, different notes will look different visually. Technically, it will still be valid NFT, but how cool would it be.

deep@vie

TF Legend
It's easier to get Rs. 20 & 50 packets but most difficult is to get Rs.10.
There's no such procedure,you just have to request the BM or anyone in the branch.
Knowing them or having a relationship will surely help in getting it. All the best.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In North India,People make garlands of notes, they've all denomination bundles but they charge huge for selling.For 10 Rs bundle you might be charged upto 1400 to 1500.
Deep you gotta write how many are in bundle of necklace. (approx).

Unrelated- stupid as hell. Destroying Good Notes.

falcon007

TF Premier
Going to open wealth account with icici, will ask them for 20₹ bundles, every other day some friend is getting married. Keeping 10k in 20₹ bundles will not hurt 😂
Why not use same garland of notes for each friend?

Just pay him/her via UPI the actual amount of money involved after the event and take the garland back.