• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Now Virtual Debit Card issued by SBI

talktoaloke

TF Select
New features added in YONO app. "My Debit Cards" TAB newly added in YONO where we can generate Virtual Debit card at free of cost (time between 8am to 8pm). Also initiated request for new physical debit card from there.

1000029713.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-02-23-18-55-765_com.sbi.lotusintouch.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-02-23-18-55-765_com.sbi.lotusintouch.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2023-10-02-23-18-34-712_com.sbi.lotusintouch.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-02-23-18-34-712_com.sbi.lotusintouch.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Bro which card is good visa or rupay virtual i already have sbi rupay debit card??
Get Mastercard if you prefer to see shorter transaction numbers in your account statement. Visa and RuPay transaction numbers are 12-digit long, while Mastercard transaction numbers are 6-digit long. Both Mastercard and Visa are widely accepted in India and abroad.

Get Mastercard if you prefer to see shorter transaction numbers in your account statement. Visa and RuPay transaction numbers are 12-digit long, while Mastercard transaction numbers are 6-digit long. Both Mastercard and Visa are widely accepted in India and abroad.
Lol, Its saying my account its not eligible.
(Facility not available for this account)🙂

Lol, Its saying my account its not eligible.
(Facility not available for this account)🙂
Are you applying for the virtual card network you already have or another one? I have a SBI Global Mastercard debit card, and today I generated the SBI Global RuPay virtual card without any troubles.

Also, how many debit cards do you have? If you have two debit cards already, you might not be eligible to get a third one. Ensure that if your second card (if any) is blocked, it should be marked as "Closed" in Netbanking instead of "Blocked." Then try re-applying for the virtual card.

Are you applying for the virtual card network you already have or another one? I have a SBI Global Mastercard debit card, and today I generated the SBI Global RuPay virtual card without any troubles.

Also, how many debit cards do you have? If you have two debit cards already, you might not be eligible to get a third one. Ensure that if your second card (if any) is blocked, it should be marked as "Closed" in Netbanking instead of "Blocked." Then try re-applying for the virtual card.
I don't have any debit card in my account.. never applied one.

In my father's acc its displaying an error that CIF number not available🙂
Sounds like a temporary problem, since without CIF, you can't have any account. I believe your app is already updated since you're getting the option to generate a new virtual debit card, so try again later. If it doesn't work, then don't bother — since contacting SBI customer support would be equivalent to losing 20 kg body weight in one day.

New features added in YONO app. "My Debit Cards" TAB newly added in YONO where we can generate Virtual Debit card at free of cost (time between 8am to 8pm). Also initiated request for new physical debit card from there.

View attachment 31223
Thanks for the info, OP!

I already have one SBI Global Mastercard debit card, so I requested for a new Global RuPay virtual debit card for RuPay-specific offers, and it was generated instantly!

It's reflecting in netbanking too now under "Linked ATM/Debit cards" section.

However, when I tried to pay advanced bill of my IDFC FIRST Bank credit card in their BillDesk portal, it failed without even redirecting to the payment gateway page. No particular failure message was shown. But it worked successfully when I used it to add balance in my Amazon Pay Wallet account.

Also, I noticed that its daily limit is maximum ₹50,000. And it can also be used for International transactions and contactless transactions via NFC of phone. (But please note RuPay doesn't support NFC payments yet through apps.)

Hope this new virtual SBI debit card continues to be lifetime free.

Last edited:
Go for Rupay variant
Bhai, woh 2 RuPay cards leke kya karega? Let him take either Visa or Mastercard as a secondary one as I said before:

Back