• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One Card offers upgrade from FD to unsecured card

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
Hi Team,
My sister also got upgrade offer from secured to unsecured, She using SBM card almost 18 months, Her FD amount is Rs. 1,16,000 but got offer of Rs. 20,000 only. She had no any other credit cards.

I have some questions
1. Should she wait for next offer or she can grab this offer.
2. What about reward points, it will credited in new card or not?
3. She will got 5x reward points if she upgrade?

Thanks
I would say take it coz u can apply fd idfc wow card , and u can also use this card if limit is important for you don't take it

Strange

TF Legend
Hi Team,
My sister also got upgrade offer from secured to unsecured, She using SBM card almost 18 months, Her FD amount is Rs. 1,16,000 but got offer of Rs. 20,000 only. She had no any other credit cards.

I have some questions

Thanks
Banking partner? .

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
Hi Team,

I have some questions

Thanks
If you want your money then take it otherwise use this card for for next 3 months regularly and leave it.

You might get better offer BUT again it can take 1,2,3 to 12 months. We don't know anything about that.

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Update: My previous offer from South Indian bank had gone (expired) a few days after a it came out, even though they said 30 days...

However, 2-3 days ago I got another offer from BOB Card, with the same limit... So I've gone ahead with it...
Process was oddly simple with almost nothing to be done...

I thought the KYC would be v-kyc, etc... but nothing.
Just had to select my address, and done in 5min

Now its saying 24hrs to process the new card

Edit: Ok, now looking through some of the messages here... Was it right to go ahead with BOB Card or should I have waited for some other bank? 😅

Also, I had a 52k limit with FD with SBM bank earlier, now new limit is only 1,05,000 from BOB, which is probably based on my 1L limit from APay?