• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One More Devaluation: This time HSBC Cashback Card

shutapdiya

TF Legend
Here are some of the key highlights of our revised HSBC Cashback Credit Card offering:​
•​
Earn More Cashback: Enjoy a 10% cashback (up to ₹1,000) on categories such as dining, grocery, and food delivery. Also, earn unlimited 1.5% cashback on all other spends. Cashback not eligible on select categories such as Fuel, Rental, Govt. Transactions, E-wallets, Insurance, Education, B2B Goods and Services, Jewelry, Charity, Toll fees, Cash Advances, Payment of outstanding balances, payment of card fees and other card charges​
•​
Elevated Airport Lounge Experience: 4 complimentary airport lounge access, one per quarter​
•​
Joining and Renewal Fee: There will be a joining fee of only ₹999 (not applicable to existing customers). There will also be a renewal fee of ₹999, which will be waived upon reaching a spend milestone of ₹200,000 in a year​
Please note that these changes will come into effect for your existing credit card from 26-Aug-2023.​

Myntra, Ajio are useless voucher, applicable on specific catalogue

Swiggy, Amazon and Lounge access qr are only items which are useful

Voucher delivery takes around 3 months
Damn! Now only thing I’m worried about is I’ve to cancel it before it renews and apply for a LTF HSBC card. I applied for Cashback card just for the vouchers, else i would’ve gone with the Visa Platinum card :(

Damn! Now only thing I’m worried about is I’ve to cancel it before it renews and apply for a LTF HSBC card. I applied for Cashback card just for the vouchers, else i would’ve gone with the Visa Platinum card :(
Before cancelling try asking cc to switch your card with visa platinum

Swiggy and amazon voucher should compensate you

Also if you apply for add on card then for each addon you will get those vouchers
So try getting some additional voucher with addon

I used this card for 2 lac + before devaluation so safe till Jan 25

Before cancelling try asking cc to switch your card with visa platinum

Swiggy and amazon voucher should compensate you

Also if you apply for add on card then for each addon you will get those vouchers
So try getting some additional voucher with addon

I used this card for 2 lac + before devaluation so safe till Jan 25
HSBC Cashback Credit Card stlll not excluded for Utility category.

Use Snapay or any other way and transfer to bank.

HSBC Cashback Credit Card stlll not excluded for Utility category.

Use Snapay or any other way and transfer to bank.
Oh so I can use this to pay me father’s 50k monthly electricity bill? Close toh nai kar denge Card? As technically it’s a business transaction.

But itna bill pay hi karna hai toh AMEX Plat travel se kar lo, better reward dega 🥲

Reward points nai milenge but milestone benefit toh milega

Oh so I can use this to pay me father’s 50k monthly electricity bill? Close toh nai kar denge Card? As technically it’s a business transaction.

But itna bill pay hi karna hai toh AMEX Plat travel se kar lo, better reward dega 🥲

Reward points nai milenge but milestone benefit toh milega
If your electricity bill merchant category count under Utility category then yes.

Mostly all electricity board's official website registered under Utility category and some 3rd party apps too.

Guys,
I already have 1 HSBC credit card & now applied for this cashback card.

All the docs & sign were taken 3 days back via Adobe Acrobat --> hope this is the correct way of doing this.
I called customer care & they're unable to track any application.

What do you think guys it was fake ???

Note:
I asked her lot of questions (related with existing relationship with HSBC) & she answered everything correct.

Guys,

All the docs & sign were taken 3 days back via Adobe Acrobat --> hope this is the correct way of doing this.

Note:
I asked her lot of questions (related with existing relationship with HSBC) & she answered everything correct.
HSBC application processing is usually very slow and there is no way for us to track the application nor do the CC give correct updates. It might take 1-4 weeks for the entire process to complete. Forget that you've even applied for it and one fine day you'll get a SMS about generating pin, then you know it's about to get dispatched.

HSBC application processing is usually very slow and there is no way for us to track the application nor do the CC give correct updates. It might take 1-4 weeks for the entire process to complete. Forget that you've even applied for it and one fine day you'll get a SMS about generating pin, then you know it's about to get dispatched.
Ohh!!!

If this is the case then they're shit. They should have atleast add option to track.

Worst part is I am able to complete the IVR with existing credit card --> its saying your card is not registered with us. I complaint them multiple times but still same.

Looks like we can verify if the transactions are eligible for the 10% CB by calling the customer care 1 day after the transaction is made. I've done a couple of transactions in a couple of local super markets (today) and a restaurant (yesterday) and the CC confirmed that the restaurant transaction will yield 10% CB.

I will check with them about the super market transactions tomorrow or so and report back here. If it works, then it's quite a nice benefit to have for offline transactions albeit with 1k capping.

Also on blinkit we can double dip with 10% discount coupon + 10% CB I believe.

Guys,

Note:
Same with me.
I applied today, CC agent told he will let me know by 6pm about the result.
But who knows when?

Guys,

Note:
Same process with me. Yes you won’t be able to track either and their updates system is terrible. I got a message that my card is approved but by that time i had even finished the milestone on it lol.

Looks like we can verify if the transactions are eligible for the 10% CB by calling the customer care 1 day after the transaction is made. I've done a couple of transactions in a couple of local super markets (today) and a restaurant (yesterday) and the CC confirmed that the restaurant transaction will yield 10% CB.

I will check with them about the super market transactions tomorrow or so and report back here. If it works, then it's quite a nice benefit to have for offline transactions albeit with 1k capping.

Also on blinkit we can double dip with 10% discount coupon + 10% CB I believe.
Did you get cashback on local super markets?

Back