• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Optimal usage guide for Amex

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello Guys
Is there an optimal usage guide for reward multiplier, wallet loads and QR code payments and Amazon pay vouchers?
I have read the Trifecta optimum usage guide but looking for details on reward multiplier gyftr etc.

1. Can we pay merchants which have amazon and paytm QR codes using wallet load? What are the extra charges?
2. Can we buy amazon pay vouchers to load apay and pay merchants who have amazon QR codes?
3. Optimal reward multiplier use
4. Is it better to use Gold charge on reward multiplier as compared to platinum travel?

Thanks in advance

Aditya12

TF Premier
For me Amex loads on Paytm are showing 2.65% charges and there is an offer for 1.5% cashback via scratch cards into fuel wallet. You still loose 1.15%
You can pay amex bill using HDFC Billpay + Platinum/Millenia DC and get 1% cashback. Effective loss will only be .15%.
You’ll also get amex MR points.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
For Housing Society Maintenance charges does AMEX COnsider it as Utilities? Meaning no RP at all? (I have Platinum Travel and Gold Charge Cards)
depends which app you are paying from and what mcc it is tagging
Also for gold charge, utility is not in exclusion so you will get points on it

Reactions: SSV

racydex

TF Select
depends which app you are paying from and what mcc it is tagging
Also for gold charge, utility is not in exclusion so you will get points on it
Any Clue if Snapay works for getting RP on Platinum Travel?
Gold Charge works to get points @1 RP/50₹ but that's hardly a good benefit

I just spoke to AMEX Support for AMEX Platinum Travel Card. They said for 1RP/50₹ Utilities are excluded but for milestone of 1.9/4lac₹ all the txns are included.
So I plan to spend 4lacs on Plat Travel and get the milestone benefit of 15k+25k RP plus 10K Taj Voucher.
Now I need to find the best way to convert 40k RP to Online shopping vouchers. Any ideas?

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Any Clue if Snapay works for getting RP on Platinum Travel?
Gold Charge works to get points @1 RP/50₹ but that's hardly a good benefit

I just spoke to AMEX Support for AMEX Platinum Travel Card. They said for 1RP/50₹ Utilities are excluded but for milestone of 1.9/4lac₹ all the txns are included.
So I plan to spend 4lacs on Plat Travel and get the milestone benefit of 15k+25k RP plus 10K Taj Voucher.
Now I need to find the best way to convert 40k RP to Online shopping vouchers. Any ideas?
Snapay is Utility MCC so wont get regular RP for Plat. Travel on but eligible for Milestones as confirmed by Amex support
Also Snapay Charges alot for Amex Cards, do your math accordingly

If your MRs for Plat travel and Gold Charge cards are pooled together redeem points on gold collection as below

24,000 Points / 24 Karat Gold Collection (you can choose from any one of them):
  • Taj Voucher worth ₹14,000
  • Tanishq Voucher worth ₹10,000
  • Flipkart Voucher worth ₹9,000
  • Amazon Voucher worth ₹9,000
  • Shoppers Stop Voucher worth ₹11,000
18,000 Points / 18 Karat Gold Collection Collection (you can choose from any one of them):
  • Taj Voucher worth ₹9,000
  • Amazon Voucher worth ₹7,000
  • Flipkart Voucher worth ₹7,000
  • Shoppers Stop Voucher worth ₹8,000
  • Myntra Voucher worth ₹8,000

racydex

TF Select
Snapay is Utility MCC so wont get regular RP for Plat. Travel on but eligible for Milestones as confirmed by Amex support
Also Snapay Charges alot for Amex Cards, do your math accordingly

If your MRs for Plat travel and Gold Charge cards are pooled together redeem points on gold collection as below

24,000 Points / 24 Karat Gold Collection (you can choose from any one of them):
  • Taj Voucher worth ₹14,000
  • Tanishq Voucher worth ₹10,000
  • Flipkart Voucher worth ₹9,000
  • Amazon Voucher worth ₹9,000
  • Shoppers Stop Voucher worth ₹11,000
18,000 Points / 18 Karat Gold Collection Collection (you can choose from any one of them):
  • Taj Voucher worth ₹9,000
  • Amazon Voucher worth ₹7,000
  • Flipkart Voucher worth ₹7,000
  • Shoppers Stop Voucher worth ₹8,000
  • Myntra Voucher worth ₹8,000
You are right. AMEX Support confirmed that Gold Collection is only for AMEX MRCC card & AMEX Gold Charge Card.
I have Platinum Travel LTF at the moment and my family member used my referral to get Gold Charge. If I use his referral and get a Gold Charge or MRCC card then I will have Gold Collection in my account, but does anyone know if the points of Platinum Travel and Gold/MRCC are all pooled in 1 account or not?

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
You are right. AMEX Support confirmed that Gold Collection is only for AMEX MRCC card & AMEX Gold Charge Card.
I have Platinum Travel LTF at the moment and my family member used my referral to get Gold Charge. If I use his referral and get a Gold Charge or MRCC card then I will have Gold Collection in my account, but does anyone know if the points of Platinum Travel and Gold/MRCC are all pooled in 1 account or not?
how did you get Platinum Trave LTF ?????

less likely that your points will be pooled generally seen that points are pooled for people who has get plat. travel after gold/ mrcc

I hold an MRCC and have a quick question about using it to get Amazon Pay vouchers - On getting these vouchers, we should be getting accelerated rewards right (2x) assuming we use the Gyftr portal?

Also, can we use this Amazon Pay balance for UPI payments using QRs at local stores? Or will this balance we bought via Amex be limited to purchases on Amazon only?

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
I hold an MRCC and have a quick question about using it to get Amazon Pay vouchers - On getting these vouchers, we should be getting accelerated rewards right (2x) assuming we use the Gyftr portal?
Yes
Also, can we use this Amazon Pay balance for UPI payments using QRs at local stores?
No

Or will this balance we bought via Amex be limited to purchases on Amazon only?
Can be used for purchase / bill payments/ ticket booking on Amazon.

once loaded to amazon account can be used to pay to merchants accepting amazon pay as payment options (swiggy, zomato, uber, etc)