• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Optimal usage guide for Amex

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello Guys
Is there an optimal usage guide for reward multiplier, wallet loads and QR code payments and Amazon pay vouchers?
I have read the Trifecta optimum usage guide but looking for details on reward multiplier gyftr etc.

1. Can we pay merchants which have amazon and paytm QR codes using wallet load? What are the extra charges?
2. Can we buy amazon pay vouchers to load apay and pay merchants who have amazon QR codes?
3. Optimal reward multiplier use
4. Is it better to use Gold charge on reward multiplier as compared to platinum travel?

Thanks in advance

drsel

TF Legend
So if I buy 1000INR apay voucher from AMEX Gyftr, will I be charged 1000 or some other tax is there? Also any cashback as well ? (Like 1,2% discount on voucher value).
On Amex Gyftr there is no extra charge, you have to pay the same price.
But you will get --
2x points for MRCC-- spend 1500 x 4/calendar month
3x points for Platinum travel--4 lacs target/card membership year
5x points for Gold charge-- spend 1000 x 6/calendar month

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
is there any new update on how to better use amex 1.5k transaction without spending much on charges
Amex MRCC card
Buy 1500 x 4 Amazon pay on the Amex rewards portal.
You can also buy 1500 Indian Oil fuel vouchers with 2% cashback on Park Plus

Amex Gold charge card
Buy 1000 x 6 Amazon pay on the Amex rewards portal.
You can also buy 1000 Indian Oil fuel vouchers with 2% cashback on Park Plus.

Gold charge -> Apay Vouchers -> LIC (via Apay) would give better rewards, no?
Ah, never struck me. Which one of the multiple amazon voucher options should I buy to pay for LIC? And can I pay half through the apay voucher I buy and rest via card in the same transaction?

It's very simple you just need to buy 1000 x 6 Amazon pay vouchers from the Amex rewards portal and then use them for utility bills insurance and everything else
Got it. I just paid my DHBVN bill via Amazon Pay using my Amex Gold, not sure if points would be credited....

drsel

TF Legend
Ah, never struck me. Which one of the multiple amazon voucher options should I buy to pay for LIC? And can I pay half through the apay voucher I buy and rest via card in the same transaction?

Got it. I just paid my DHBVN bill via Amazon Pay using my Amex Gold, not sure if points would be credited....
No no go to the Amex reward multiplier site.
Buy 6 Amazon pay vouchers of 1000 each.

Add these to your Amazon pay balance and then make insurance payment from Amazon pay

No no go to the Amex reward multiplier site.
Buy 6 Amazon pay vouchers of 1000 each.

Add these to your Amazon pay balance and then make insurance payment from Amazon pay
Yeah, but which actual voucher do I take under the multiple amazon vouchers listed there?

Also, does LIC allow part payment via card and rest via apay voucher? My insurance amount is 95K, so trying to choose the best path.

drsel

TF Legend
Yeah, but which actual voucher do I take under the multiple amazon vouchers listed there?

Also, does LIC allow part payment via card and rest via apay voucher? My insurance amount is 95K, so trying to choose the best path.
You need to choose Amazon pay vouchers, not Amazon shopping, not Amazon prime.

Accumulate 6000 Amazon pay every month into your Amazon pay balance on the Amazon app.
Then use this to pay 95000 insurance premium