• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Optimal usage guide for Amex

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello Guys
Is there an optimal usage guide for reward multiplier, wallet loads and QR code payments and Amazon pay vouchers?
I have read the Trifecta optimum usage guide but looking for details on reward multiplier gyftr etc.

1. Can we pay merchants which have amazon and paytm QR codes using wallet load? What are the extra charges?
2. Can we buy amazon pay vouchers to load apay and pay merchants who have amazon QR codes?
3. Optimal reward multiplier use
4. Is it better to use Gold charge on reward multiplier as compared to platinum travel?

Thanks in advance

SonyTom

TF Premier
I don’t understand why people choose Amex in general.
Actually after the devaluation of 18k and 24k collection and the recent restrictions on buying Apay GC from Reward multiplier portal, Amex cards are not worth it. Unless you are a frequent traveller and prefer to stay in premium properties. Even then, the Taj vouchers are not worth their value. Still for the novelty of owning an American express credit card, it's good 😊

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Actually after the devaluation of 18k and 24k collection and the recent restrictions on buying Apay GC from Reward multiplier portal, Amex cards are not worth it. Unless you are a frequent traveller and prefer to stay in premium properties. Even then, the Taj vouchers are not worth their value. Still for the novelty of owning an American express credit card, it's good 😊
Not exactly. I have lot of spends online where smartbuy or gift voucher don't work.
Plus offline DCB/infinia gives 3.3%only.
I will spend 4L so 48k points will be 16k as amazon voucher.S o will get 4% return.
Taj voucher of 10k will sell for 5-6k so my fee is recovered. So basically better than DCB or infinia.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not exactly. I have lot of spends online where smartbuy or gift voucher don't work.
I will spend 4L so 48k points will be 16k as amazon voucher.S o will get 4% return.
Taj voucher of 10k will sell for 5-6k so my fee is recovered. So basically better than DCB or infinia.
So, basically, at best, only as good as Infinia at POS. However, if you don’t hit the 4 lakhs then your rewards reduce drastically. In addition, you can’t match the 16.5% and 33% rewards on Infinia. No lounge access either unlike the unlimited domestic and international on Infinia.

SonyTom

TF Premier
Yes. Depends on the spend pattern.
But....
1. Offline acceptance is very poor.
2. Amazon pay gift card of ₹16000 is actually worth ₹15200 since we can buy it at that rate with millennia or SBI CB card.

I am new into the world of Amex cards with just 1 card- MRCC. So just saying what I understood in this short time

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So, basically, at best, only as good as Infinia at POS. However, if you don’t hit the 4 lakhs then your rewards reduce drastically. In addition, you can’t match the 16.5% and 33% rewards on Infinia. No lounge access either unlike the unlimited domestic and international on Infinia.
Better right, 4% vs 3.3%
You can definitely match 16.5% by having infinia itself.
Also I am assuming when we are talking about infinia DCB or plat travel definitely spends of 4L are obvious else no point on paying such high fees.
I have DCB + plat travel.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes. Depends on the spend pattern.
But....
1. Offline acceptance is very poor.
2. Amazon pay gift card of ₹16000 is actually worth ₹15200 since we can buy it at that rate with millennia or SBI CB card.

I am new into the world of Amex cards with just 1 card- MRCC. So just saying what I understood in this short time
Well never faced any acceptance issue in Hyderabad or jaipur.
Also if amazon voucher is not 1-1 then I think infinia point would be even less.
I am pretty sure amazon point has higher value then using on smart buy flight.