• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Payment failing after card renewal

Ravindra

TF Buzz
My DCB was renewed as the card expired in January. After receiving the new card, I set the pin and used it offline. It worked fine.

But when tried to do any online transaction, it failed and I got a message stating payment was declined due to the wrong CVV or expiry date. I tried it on multiple websites (Swiggy, Flipkart, Smartbuy, Firstcry) after deleting the saved card details of the old card. Looks like HDFC has not updated new card details at the backend. Anyone faced such a problem, if yes then what is the way out? I complained to customer care and they seemed clueless. They closed my earlier request without resolving it. Reopened the request today.

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I faced such issues on new Infinia add ons.

I tried setting pin on mycard. But wife claimed it's not working. Then I enabled ATM and checked pin in atm. Hopefully it should work now.

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
This has happened to me. HDFC has recently started disabling online transactions on existing as well as renewed card once the renewed card is issued / dispatched. They even send an email stating the same. Login to net banking / mobile app and set the toggle for Domestic Online Transactions to ON.

Ravindra

TF Buzz
Thanks for your input. Online transactions were already enabled but the card was not working. It started working on 1st February as my old card had expiry till January only. Not sure if it is because I complained to customer care or if the change in month made it right.

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My DCB was renewed as the card expired in January. After receiving the new card, I set the pin and used it offline. It worked fine.

But when tried to do any online transaction, it failed and I got a message stating payment was declined due to the wrong CVV or expiry date. I tried it on multiple websites (Swiggy, Flipkart, Smartbuy, Firstcry) after deleting the saved card details of the old card. Looks like HDFC has not updated new card details at the backend. Anyone faced such a problem, if yes then what is the way out? I complained to customer care and they seemed clueless. They closed my earlier request without resolving it. Reopened the request today.
Did u get plastic one or metal ?