• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PayTM SBI RuPay Credit Card Launched | TechnoFino Opinion

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
SBI Card and Paytm have already introduced two co-branded credit cards: Paytm SBI Credit Card and Paytm SBI Select Credit Card.
Today, they have launched a RuPay variant of the Paytm SBI Credit Card.
Paytm SBI Cards.jpg

The benefits remain the same, including 3% cashback on travel expenses on the Paytm app, 2% cashback on all other spends on the Paytm app, and 1% cashback on all other spends.
However, there will be no cashback provided for fuel and wallet loading.
Earned cashback will be added to your PayTM gift voucher balance every month.
The new feature of the RuPay variant is that you can link this credit card to the UPI network.

In terms of the card's value, it can be considered as a basic card. However, I would suggest exploring better options. For instance, by using the Axis Ace Credit Card, SC Smart Credit Card, or SBI Cashback Credit Card, you can earn more real cashback easily instead of receiving cashback in the form of Paytm gift voucher balance.

I raised conversion request few months back . They denied multiple times as they said they don’t have Rupay Select cards with them . Raised my complaint with RBI that I applied for Paytm SBI Rupay Select which was clearly mentioned in declaration, they have issued Rupay and afterwards internal team flipped to VISA without customer consent .

SBI BO team called and said that they don’t have Select card stock and can offer Rupay Basic variant of Paytm (499) and can reverse the full fees of SELECT (1499).

I accepted but was disappointed none the less . SBI does what SBI does !!
View attachment 35475
Will keep posted in this thread, maybe someone else will be helped.

I raised conversion request few months back . They denied multiple times as they said they don’t have Rupay Select cards with them . Raised my complaint with RBI that I applied for Paytm SBI Rupay Select which was clearly mentioned in declaration, they have issued Rupay and afterwards internal team flipped to VISA without customer consent .

SBI BO team called and said that they don’t have Select card stock and can offer Rupay Basic variant of Paytm (499) and can reverse the full fees of SELECT (1499).

Bro, there is no Paytm SBI RuPay Select card. This is SBI Paytm Select Card and available on RuPay Platinum platform.

you are asking RuPay Select card, which is not available.

Just last week one person got SBI Paytm Select Card (RuPay Platinum variant).

I already shared both physical card images (these are real card images) -

both are RuPay Platinum credit card but one is SBI Paytm Card and another one is SBI Paytm Select credit card -

paytm sbi.jpg

Bro, there is no Paytm SBI RuPay Select card. This is SBI Paytm Select Card and available on RuPay Platinum platform.

both are RuPay Platinum credit card but one is SBI Paytm Card and another one is SBI Paytm Select credit card -

View attachment 37080
@prateekm03 If you also want "SBI Paytm Select Card" on RuPay variant then ask the card name properly.

View attachment 37080
you completely misunderstood . they flipped my Rupay to VISA and then they were offering 499 variant in Rupay but not the 1499 one . I never asked for Rupay Select network , I asked for SBI Paytm SELECT Rupay !!

2. Complaint: "I applied for Paytm SBI Select Rupay card and was offered the same. I received a call and email confirmation regarding the same. But to my disappointment, I have finally received Paytm SBI Select VISA card. I specifically required Rupay card and applied for the same. I already have VISA card . I do not need that. I applied for Rupay card and even on the consent declaration Rupay card was mentioned . According to SBI Cards supervisor, they first issued me a Rupay card but later on it was flipped to VISA by their team. How can they change the card type after it has already been promised without the consent of cardholder." Bank's response: "In the captioned case, we have contacted cardholder and based on his consent, we have flipped his existing Paytm SBI Card Select Visa to Paytm SBI Card Rupay." Observation: The complainant's request to issue the Rupay variant of the card has been acceded to and the compalinant has also frunished a letter/ email of satisfaction. Decision: The grievance raised in the complaint has been resolved through facilitation by the Deputy Ombudsman.

you completely misunderstood . they flipped my Rupay to VISA and then they were offering 499 variant in Rupay but not the 1499 one . I never asked for Rupay Select network , I asked for SBI Paytm SELECT Rupay !!
Ok but you said here Paytm SBI Rupay Select. Anyway you are right SBI does what SBI does !!

they don’t have Rupay Select cards with them . Raised my complaint with RBI that I applied for Paytm SBI Rupay Select

Update: According to SBI, PAYTM SBI card is launched in RUPAY, but SBI PAYTM SELECT card is still not available in RUPAY, I asked them to downgrade my Select card to normal which is not possible. We can only get RUPAY if we close this, or wait.
I am not sure but i think

SBI Paytm RuPay CC BIN - 356153
SBI Paytm Select RuPay CC BIN - 356168

Baki SBI is SBI. Unlogo ko jo dena hoga wohi dega. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By the way here, 1 month old SBI Paytm Select RuPay Credit Card unboxing Video (you will see "SBI Paytm Select card" color is Black and 5% Cashback on Paytm Mall, Movies and Travel offer and lounge access Program eligible only on "SBI Paytm Select card" Variant (These offers are written on card booklet) -

pa.jpg
paytm.jpg

@AlphaCAT

I am not sure but i think

SBI Paytm RuPay CC BIN - 356153
SBI Paytm Select RuPay CC BIN - 356168

Baki SBI is SBI. Unlogo ko jo dena hoga wohi dega. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By the way here, 1 month old SBI Paytm Select RuPay Credit Card unboxing Video (you will see "SBI Paytm Select card" color is Black and 5% Cashback on Paytm Mall, Movies and Travel offer and lounge access Program eligible only on "SBI Paytm Select card" Variant (These offers are written on card booklet) -

View attachment 37222
View attachment 37223

@AlphaCAT

Looks like they deserve few more tries now

Today, opted for closure of SBI PAYTM RUPAY Credit Card. SR crested.

Yesterday, confirmed closure of 1CARD.

Both these cards are being used less (to nil usage) n have less than 1L limit each.

Using PNB Rupay Select card regularly in offline modes. In online mode, using the two virtual Rupay CCs from Kotak (5L limit) n Axis (4.2L limit).

Last edited:
Today, opted for closure of SBI PAYTM RUPAY Credit Card. SR crested.

Yesterday, confirmed closure of 1CARD.

Both these cards are being used less (to nil usage) n have less than 1L limit each.

Using PNB Rupay Select card regularly in offline modes. In online mode, using the two virtual Rupay CCs from Kotak (5L limit) n Axis (4.2L limit).
How did you get two Rupay virtual CCs from Kotak?

Back