• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Platforms and Mechanisms for Credit card bill payment through Debit cards - Updated June 2023

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As many forum members would be aware, paying Credit Card bills through Debit cards can be quite rewarding in terms of cashback or reward points. Here are the best ways of which am aware, with brief details. Please do comment with your thoughts, corrections or views
  • HDFC Bill Pay using HDFC Easyshop Platinum Debit Card - 1% cashback up to Rs. 750 when paying through HDFC Bill Pay and MobiKwik only; adding a biller and being able to make payment takes 24-48 working hours. Payment credit is the slowest among all platforms. Cannot pay HDFC Credit cards via this method.
  • RBL Signature Plus Debit Card - 1% cashback up to Rs. 1 lakh spend every month + 1% milestone on Rs. 5 Lakh annual spend; high joining fees of Rs. 5900 offset by Rs. 5000 vouchers.
  • Indusind Exclusive Debit Card - 0.93% cashback on a sweet-spot spend of Rs. 1,12,500; lower cashback for lower spend. Need an exclusive account with a higher MAB.
  • Axis Burgundy Debit Card - Flat 1% Edge Reward points which can be converted to Airmiles or Hotel points on a 5:4 basis, if you also hold an HNI card like Axis Magnus or Reserve. Need a Burgundy account with higher MAB/Salary
  • Jupiter Pro - 1% cashback up to Rs. 150 on Debit Card spends and Rs. 100 on UPI - need to maintain Pro-level AMB of Rs. 10,000 for the benefits or have a salary account. The cashback is in terms of Jewels - personally have not used it as I am not keen on maintaining the Pro status.

Payment methods aside, these are platforms I am aware of for making CC Bill payments, which support Debit Cards:​
  • MobiKwik - quick credits, and coupons like Flat Rs. 50 for 1st CC Bill Payment of the month and up to 1% cashback. Supports payment up to Rs. 20,000 on my Indusind Exclusive VISA DC. I succeeded in making Rs. 60,000 using 3 back-to-back transactions on my Exclusive DC, but Mobikwik is no longer permitting more payments on this DC.​
  • Paytm - quick credits, but high failure rates on my IndusInd Exclusive VISA DC; refunds take 5-6 working days. Cashback in terms of Paytm Cashback points worth Rs. 50-100. Mastercard Debit cards are not allowed.
  • Cred - fastest credits, and success rate. The minimum payment for Debit Cards is Rs. 50,000. Pathetic cashback.​
  • CheQ - 0.3% voucher value back - not recommended as the app has huge privacy concerns and shady founders.​
Would love to know if there are any more platforms or mechanisms to pay CC bills through DCs.

Last edited:
Load Paytm wallet using HDFC Millennia and get 1% upto ₹400. Pay bill using wallet balance.

Bajaj Finserv sometimes gives ₹150 cashback on min bill payment of ₹10,000

Could you give axis bank link for this feature?

I am guessing the Rs. 400 cashback on HDFC Millenia is the same if we do it via HDFC Billpay (?)
Bajaj Finserv only seems to support BoB credit cards for now.
Sure, here is the link. I tried it out and go 1% Edge Rewards within a day. There also seems to be a 2X multiplier in Birthday month.

I am guessing the Rs. 400 cashback on HDFC Millenia is the same if we do it via HDFC Billpay (?)
Bajaj Finserv only seems to support BoB credit cards for now.
Sure, here is the link. I tried it out and go 1% Edge Rewards within a day. There also seems to be a 2X multiplier in Birthday month.
Conversion to miles at 5:4 is only applicable for HNI CC holders or without it as well?

I thinks only if you hold HNI cards. Axis select is complimentary for Burgundy and it has 10:1 ratio. If you have Burgundy private, then you would have private one card which is the top notch card.
Wanted to confirm whether CC is essential for 5:4 rate or HNI DC alone would also work? Like Select CC in itself would give 10:1 ratio, but maybe in combination with Burgundy DC, it will give 5:4 as well

Wanted to confirm whether CC is essential for 5:4 rate or HNI DC alone would also work? Like Select CC in itself would give 10:1 ratio, but maybe in combination with Burgundy DC, it will give 5:4 as well
Burgundy is not considered hni card. Only burgundy private is hni.

Some people with burgundy account have burgundy privatete debit card. Not sure if they are considered hni.

How do you get 1% upto 150 using jupiter DC? Which platform do you use for this?
Payzapp / Freecharge / Mobikwik (without Pvt. Ltd. in name)
I saw debit card option today first time. And now again not seeing even for 100 rs payments.
If you used DC first time, then limit would be like once per month and upto 2k amount can be paid via DC on Snapay

Back