• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Platinum Upgrade Offer

alphamagnus

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I filled up the application form for the Platinum Upgrade offer. I am being asked to send Aadhar and PAN over email. Is it fine?

I filled up the application form for the Platinum Upgrade offer. I am being asked to send Aadhar and PAN over email. Is it fine?
Why? if it is an upgrade? they will have your details.. i got an upgrade.. no one asked for any docs.. just vkyc..they may take some pics during vkyc of ur docs

Regarding Platinum reserve, I have heard a few people got their renewal fees cancelled on the basis of forfeiting lounge and golf access. Is anyone aware if this is still active or has done this in the recent past?

115k points is equivalent to 28,000 rupees , but the fees is 60,000 and you have to do a 50,000 transaction in 30 days ....
The rule of thumb , never get reward points in statement credit , that’s the greatest devaluation , 115k MR points can be directly transferred to 115k Marriot Bonvoy which can be used for stays in Marriot properties and a value even greater than Rs 1 can
Be extracted
Also if you earn just 5k more Marriot bonvoy points you can get them transferred to airlines in 2 batches at 3:1 ratio and you can earn extra 5k miles On each transaction.

Only opt for Platinum charge if , you are into hotel redemptions , and want to enjoy those extra lifestyle benefits from the card , it’s not a rewarding card like Reserve rather it’s a lifestyle card which gives you access to invite only events , classy Amex lounges , Elite status with Luxury hotels , on spot discounts on luxury dining , spas and other luxury chains .

The rule of thumb , never get reward points in statement credit , that’s the greatest devaluation , 115k MR points can be directly transferred to 115k Marriot Bonvoy which can be used for stays in Marriot properties and a value even greater than Rs 1 can
Be extracted
Also if you earn just 5k more Marriot bonvoy points you can get them transferred to airlines in 2 batches at 3:1 ratio and you can earn extra 5k miles On each transaction.

Only opt for Platinum charge if , you are into hotel redemptions , and want to enjoy those extra lifestyle benefits from the card , it’s not a rewarding card like Reserve rather it’s a lifestyle card which gives you access to invite only events , classy Amex lounges , Elite status with Luxury hotels , on spot discounts on luxury dining , spas and other luxury chains .
Wow it's definitely not for me 🙂 You are absolutely right ... I was just trying to see how I can get value out of it...

Wow it's definitely not for me 🙂 You are absolutely right ... I was just trying to see how I can get value out of it...
If you are planning for luxury trip this year whether domestic or international and estimating about 1 lakh spend in a luxurious Marriot resort , then opt for the card get the required MR , convert them and and by spending 72k(card fees) manage that 1 lakh hotel spend( using Marriot Bonvoy points ) which will give you a savings of roughly 30k plus you will get all the lifestyle benefits
Next year negotiate with Amex to either lower the charge or give equivalent reward points or simply close the card .

If you are planning for luxury trip this year whether domestic or international and estimating about 1 lakh spend in a luxurious Marriot resort , then opt for the card get the required MR , convert them and and by spending 72k(card fees) manage that 1 lakh hotel spend( using Marriot Bonvoy points ) which will give you a savings of roughly 30k plus you will get all the lifestyle benefits
Next year negotiate with Amex to either lower the charge or give equivalent reward points or simply close the card .
Got it... Thanks a lot 🙏

I ve been offered 40k taj vouchers or 75k points as a renewal benefit. Which one do you think is better?

@anirban.choudhury @theglobalinvestor ya that sounds about right.
Actually, they offered another option to go for 5900/- per month as fee instead of lump sum payment without any other benefits and I am thinking to go for that as I have around 48k vouchers + 10k bonus points expected by the end of month of May/June ‘23 for targeted spend based offers of January to March ‘23.
I ll close the card after that. So, ideally I ll be further spending 5900/- or 11800/- to just keep the card going till the previous offers are fulfilled.

Back