• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PMS service experience

nomad

TF Premier
i have heard that for Smallcase you need to have more than 5-10L corpus then only you get good returns deducting the fees.I don't know personally but i have read it somewhere.
Because you want the fee to be 1% or below like how you want the TER to be below 1% in case of MFs

Last edited:

nomad

TF Premier
What's your goal
If alpha generation then mutual fund
If diversification etf
The only difference between an ETF and MF for an Index would be that ETFs can be traded anytime on a trade day whereas MFs will be executed at the end of the day once NAV is decided

There would be no other difference otherwise as index funds by definition track indexes and thus there is minimal role of a fund manager there

nomad

TF Premier
I don't believe PMS are for people whose entire net-worth is going to sit in hands of a Fund Manager
You will be better off with Index Investing as atleast you can attribute any changes to the overall market sentiment and not a Fund manager's strategy

There is a reason why PMS and AIF are generally targeted towards the wealthy.
You need to have a certain net-worth where you can feel comfortable with letting someone else deciding the financial decisions for a part of your net-worth and freeing the time for you to focus on other things.

george99

TF Buzz
The only difference between an ETF and MF for an Index would be that ETFs can be traded anytime on a trade day whereas MFs will be executed at the end of the day once NAV is decided

There would be no other difference otherwise as index funds by definition track indexes and thus there is minimal role of a fund manager there
you forgot the fees part,makes a lot of difference in 20 years of horizon

nomad

TF Premier
you forgot the fees part,makes a lot of difference in 20 years of horizon
Both Index ETF and MF already accomodate your fee part in the price they are trading for.
There is no fund in existence where the expense ratio will be zero

jaybheda

TF Buzz
I am using smallcase and also doing sip in smallcase since last 2 years.

I started with just 35k on Teji mandi small case with annual fee of 1200/-. The fee is fixed and irrespective of portfolio size.

My current smallcase portfolio size is approx 3.3L And my xirr is approx 50%.

You may choose good smallcase. Some smallcase are also managed by PMS itself.

Do your research and take decision.

Disclaimer: I am invested in it and just shared my experience with that. This is not a recommendation or advice. Consult your financial advisor before taking any decision.

Last edited:

george99

TF Buzz
Found some interesting blog about real expense ratio of Index Funds or ETF compared to the actual returns of NIFTY50 or other index.
Here it is (Link)
This might help index fund and ETF investing guys

nomad

TF Premier
I am using smallcase and also doing sip in smallcase since last 2 years.

I started with just 35k on Teji mandi small case with annual fee of 1200/-. The fee is fixed and irrespective of portfolio size.

My current smallcase portfolio size is approx 3.3L And my xirr is approx 50%.

You may choose good smallcase. Some smallcase are also managed by PMS itself.

Do your research and take decision.

Disclaimer: I am invested in it and just shared my experience with that. This is not a recommendation or advice. Consult your financial advisor before taking any decision.

If someone need referral link for this smallcase, DM me.
What does the referral link do?