• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Card Application

The funny part is that other banks do an enquiry of 10K (Axis and HDFC) and later give limits whatever they want. But PNB did an enquiry of higher amount than the actual limit they gave

The funny part is that other banks do an enquiry of 10K (Axis and HDFC) and later give limits whatever they want. But PNB did an enquiry of higher amount than the actual limit they gave
Sir your application processed? They are sending me same copy paste answer every time and asking for ITR AY 2022-23 and i have sent them more documents than they are asking-
6 months bank statement, 3 months Pay slips, 3 months Statement of SBI and icici card, office id proof, Form 16, ITR of AY2021-22 and AY 2023-24 (didn't file for 2022-23 due to laziness and "Kuchh nahin hota, tax to katna nahi hai").
Even mailed customer care, also called on PNB customer number. CC told that no problem if ITR for AY 2022-23 is not available, 2021-22 and 2023-24 is acceptable. But Credit card team is not even bothering to check documents I have sent numerous times. Same answer- "Your application is lying discrepant, Form 16 is not applicable as income is above 5 lacs, kindly send ITR of AY2022-23"

Just got my PNB Rupay Select approved. Can I add it to gpay before it's delivered? It's asking for a 6 digit card pin, on gpay. How do I get that?
Download Pnb genie app and register there with you mobile number and DOB and couple of OTP submission .After registration you are able to view the complete digital card under E card section.

Sir your application processed? They are sending me same copy paste answer every time and asking for ITR AY 2022-23 and i have sent them more documents than they are asking-
6 months bank statement, 3 months Pay slips, 3 months Statement of SBI and icici card, office id proof, Form 16, ITR of AY2021-22 and AY 2023-24 (didn't file for 2022-23 due to laziness and "Kuchh nahin hota, tax to katna nahi hai").
Even mailed customer care, also called on PNB customer number. CC told that no problem if ITR for AY 2022-23 is not available, 2021-22 and 2023-24 is acceptable. But Credit card team is not even bothering to check documents I have sent numerous times. Same answer- "Your application is lying discrepant, Form 16 is not applicable as income is above 5 lacs, kindly send ITR of AY2022-23"
Maybe wait for a few days. I did receive these SMS/mail a few times. Later they replied to the mail with docs submitted before their discrepant mail. I think they have quite some applications pending, and to save themselves, they're sending that mail so as to delay from their end make it appear as a delay from your end. Nothing to worry. If you receive the mail again, just reply to the same mail. And ask for confirmation. I had sent docs over 5 times (With ITR of AY 2023-2024)

Last edited:
I'm able to link it now. While registering on Gpay, it asked for card pin, which wasn't set. When linking on BHIM it asked to create the pin so it worked.
Not able to transact yet, as "Activate card" page isn't functional yet on the app.

Possible to activate card after virtual card generation, or does it happen only after physical card delivery? I'm unable to use it on upi apps. Also, since it's the end of Q2, would it be a problem? (1Txn/Q for annual fee waiver)

Possible to activate card after virtual card generation, or does it happen only after physical card delivery? I'm unable to use it on upi apps. Also, since it's the end of Q2, would it be a problem? (1Txn/Q for annual fee waiver)
As per PNB website
"Annual Charges shall be waived in case there is at least one retail transaction, i.e. other than fuel or cash withdrawal in every calendar quarter."

As per PNB website
"Annual Charges shall be waived in case there is at least one retail transaction, i.e. other than fuel or cash withdrawal in every calendar quarter."
That's my question, my card hasn't been activated but the virtual card is generated. Will it count this quarter in that?

Before I got my card physically delivered, I used it on BHIM for 3-4 times successfully. I don't recall if I did anything specific after card delivered to me.

That's my question, my card hasn't been activated but the virtual card is generated. Will it count this quarter in that?
Virtual card is for your intimation. Wait till next month then activate. Btw, which documents did you submit? For my application they are either not replying for days or sending same copy paste answer about submission of ITR of AY 2022-23. They are not even rejecting my application, I even told them "mere paas yahi documents hain bus aapko jo decision lena hai jaldi le lo" 🤣

Virtual card is for your intimation. Wait till next month then activate. Btw, which documents did you submit? For my application they are either not replying for days or sending same copy paste answer about submission of ITR of AY 2022-23. They are not even rejecting my application, I even told them "mere paas yahi documents hain bus aapko jo decision lena hai jaldi le lo" 🤣
I sent AY 2023-24 ITR and form 16. Initially had sent unsigned bank statement etc. Once they started replying to these mails, they replied to mail with unsigned docs as well saying "Application in progress".
I told in one of the previous replies that they are probably slow in processing and to not seem too slow, they're blaming the applicant about missing docs.

Back