• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Problem with 5% Cashback for Uber on HDFC Millennia Card. Check your statements!

ins

TF Buzz
Hi folks,

Past month, I noticed an incorrect amount of cashback was credited as reward points for my HDFC Millennia card. Upon seeking further clarification from HDFC support for the calculation of reward points, I noticed all the transactions done on Uber app had been accounted for 1% cashback instead of the 5% mentioned on the Millennia card website.

1690528816882.png

Upon seeking further clarification from them, they mentioned this as a reply:
We wish to clarify that the 5% CashPoints on Uber is eligible for travel/commute related spends only and the Uber transactions carried out through the MCC code of 4121 (as defined by card networks Visa, MasterCard, RuPay and Diners) will only be considered for 5% Cash Points."
This does not make sense as all of these transactions were done for the travel/commute category.

They haven't gotten back to me yet but, has anyone else faced this issue? Is there a way to resolve this? And, iff you're a Millennia user, check your statements, those Uber transactions may have not been recorded for 5% cashback.

ins

TF Buzz
I should have been more specific in my post...i was actually referring to your following point -

"1. They're escalating this to their internal team and getting this checked"

Did they get back on what the issue was and how they are going to resolve it? Any system corrections to resolve this would be helpful for all of us!
I'll try following up with them and ask if there is any update.

ins

TF Buzz
If you are Amazon Prime customers, stop buying uber gift cards. Instead buy Amazon e Gift cards and set your payment method to Amazon Pay on successfully linking both uber and Amazon. You get 5% card discount + 1% Amazon pay cashback (after ride completion) + 4% Uber cash (Every Tuesdays).
What do you mean by "You get 5% card discount" in the second line? The payment is done through amazon pay GC only right? 🤔 Where do you then get this 5% card discount?

xylo101

TF Buzz
What do you mean by "You get 5% card discount" in the second line? The payment is done through amazon pay GC only right? 🤔 Where do you then get this 5% card discount?
What he meant was buy the Amazon GV using the card to get 5% CB and then use that GV to make payments on uber.

card_wizard

TF Premier
Hi folks,

Past month, I noticed an incorrect amount of cashback was credited as reward points for my HDFC Millennia card. Upon seeking further clarification from HDFC support for the calculation of reward points, I noticed all the transactions done on Uber app had been accounted for 1% cashback instead of the 5% mentioned on the Millennia card website.

1690528816882.png

This does not make sense as all of these transactions were done for the travel/commute category.

They haven't gotten back to me yet but, has anyone else faced this issue? Is there a way to resolve this? And, iff you're a Millennia user, check your statements, those Uber transactions may have not been recorded for 5% cashback.
Bro how are you getting this kind of statement, I have millenia credit card but my statement doesn't show how much percentage cashback I am getting on each transaction

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am buying Uber GC from the Hubble app
get it from Amazon (you will get 2% from amazon, and 5% from hdfc)

The AZ-Uber linking Idea too is good (shared by akshayhs), which can be used on Tuesdays (as buying GC from amazon would earn better discount as of now)

Technewb

TF Neo
Hi folks,

1690528816882.png

Hey, i also want to see this breakdown for my card for each transaction, how can I see the same as i suspect facing a similar issue to yours, also what is a GC?