• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Process - Credit Card Upgrade HDFC

hemanthgkl1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Team,

I hold DCB LTF Card as part of Alumni program and looking for upgrade to Infinia LTF. I hold enough balance via family banking and have my loan with HDFC but the problem is I live in normal city and the RM doesn't know the process. Infact he is asking me the process to take it forward.

Basis what I know, I told him that he need to show my value addition to your branch to get approval of LTF Infinia from group head.

Want to know the process now: Will approval process is via email or internal portal. If they approve will I get it as pre-approved offer so that I can upgrade it as LTF ?

Hi Team,

I hold DCB LTF Card as part of Alumni program and looking for upgrade to Infinia LTF. I hold enough balance via family banking and have my loan with HDFC but the problem is I live in normal city and the RM doesn't know the process. Infact he is asking me the process to take it forward.

Basis what I know, I told him that he need to show my value addition to your branch to get approval of LTF Infinia from group head.

Want to know the process now: Will approval process is via email or internal portal. If they approve will I get it as pre-approved offer so that I can upgrade it as LTF ?
I would suggest asking RM only to figure out as they have visibility in system.
Also try to convey him/her a message that you will move out balance & loan to another bank.
Since your branch is normal there is 1% chance they might offer Infinia LTF.

Infinia cost is not as high as it's price (12.5k plus GST). It is about 2k of GST plus how less you think points are worth. I will consider 12.5 k points at least worth 10.5 k at worst. So at 4k, infinia is very good for value you get. Over a year with expense of 15 lakh, you are easily going to save 1.5 lakh or more. It is not even worth thinking price of Infinia. And if that matters, Infinia is FYF if you spend 3 lakh in 3 months. And 10 lakhs every year in subsequent years to revert annual charges.

If your RM is not knowledgeable, try changing RM or get virtual RM to help on this.

I don't know if they are giving Infinia based on deposits. It may be available best on your ITR or salary or your expenditure. I believe it is either and not necessarily both.

Last edited:
Infinia cost is not as high as it price (12.5k plus GST). It is about 2k of GST plus how less you think points are worth. I will consider 12.5 k points at least worth 10.5 k at worst. So at 4k, infinia is very good for value you get. Over a year with expense of 15 lakh, you are easily going to save 1.5 lakh or more. It is not even worth thinking price of Infinia. And if that matters, Infinia is FYF if you spend 3 lakh in 3 months. And 10 lakhs every year in subsequent years to revert annual charges.

If your RM is not knowledgeable, try changing RM or get virtual RM to help on this.

I don't know if they are giving Infinia based on deposits. It may be available best on your ITR or salary or your expenditure. I believe it is either and not necessarily both.
Problem is not with the cost right now, but with the cost in future, who knows even HDFC may hike the cost in future like 30K or more like Axis Burgundy, so it always better to push the BM for LTF if there is any chance based on the NRV or ITR or what so ever.

Problem is not with the cost right now, but with the cost in future, who knows even HDFC may hike the cost in future like 30K or more like Axis Burgundy, so it always better to push the BM for LTF if there is any chance based on the NRV or ITR or what so ever.
LTF is always preferable to a paid card, doubtless. But once LTF is secured, it is not a guarantee that it will always stay LTF till eternity. A bank always reserves the right to downgrade your card, and I know of cases where HDFC Regalia LTF holders have been issued lower variants upon card renewal.

To hold that same variant was deemed chargeable, and disallowed, unless customers agreed to pay the annual fee.

LTF is always preferable to a paid card, doubtless. But once LTF is secured, it is not a guarantee that it will always stay LTF till eternity. A bank always reserves the right to downgrade your card, and I know of cases where HDFC Regalia LTF holders have been issued lower variants upon card renewal.

To hold that same variant was deemed chargeable, and disallowed, unless customers agreed to pay the annual fee.
never came across such thing .. whatever card u hold u will get that only on renewal no downgrade etc if it a plastic card u get plastic only and if metal then metal variant of dcb or infinia so same must be the case in lower variants also

@SSV @1RC

LoL … one more how to get LTF Infinia thread!

By the way how much is enough balance in your opinion? Is it 2Cr, 3Cr or 5Cr?

Hoping LTF infinia is like hoping that you would make crores in option trading. Such possibilities are like less than 1%.

Back