• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Process of Booking ticket VIA United Airlines

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So guys an update on how to use United Airlines for booking tickets.

Make sure in the billing address you mention the complete address of the US. You can mention your Indian Mobile Number but the BILLING address has to be from the US.

I used one card(you can use any CC) to make the payment and the whole thing went through smoothly. Because one is entering a billing address from the US. Visa didn't even request an OTP and payment just went through.

So in case anyone faces any Difficulty with the United airline booking. You can connect with me or go through this thread.

Last edited:

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any workaround for providing Indian address..
As per my experience, No. But, the address is just a formality in the billing address thing. So you can copy any address from the USA and it will be fine. If you face any difficulty you can message back.

Evag11

TF Neo
If I enter a billing address, different than that registered on my indian credit card, can my credit card company decline the payment later (post audit). IN which case, flight will not allow me to board. @wokrishnahai please suggest

Evag11

TF Neo
As per my experience, No. But, the address is just a formality in the billing address thing. So you can copy any address from the USA and it will be fine. If you face any difficulty you can message back.
Yes, it did not work. So if my card is Indian, my phone number is Indian. So even if im putting a US address, its not working. Can you help

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, it did not work. So if my card is Indian, my phone number is Indian. So even if im putting a US address, its not working. Can you help
Sure, I will definitely help you. This forum has been created for the purpose to help each other only.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Could you please share the details about your booking and how you're going about it and the error you are getting?

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Then you can call and book with United Customer Care. They will charge 30 dollars around extra. But, if you request them they may wave it off.
If I enter a billing address, different than that registered on my indian credit card, can my credit card company decline the payment later (post audit). IN which case, flight will not allow me to board. @wokrishnahai please suggest

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Did you book the ticket from United App or through the website? United is only allowing US cards for payments when booking from the mobile app. Could you please advise?

Stevie G

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How to book Air India tickets for 2 persons through United Mileage programme........Air India is not even displayed on the results page when i put in my flight details....How to get around this ??

Stevie G

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Guya, I have cancelled a ticket i done through United Mileage programe. I got the Miles back but not the taxes component yet....5 days have passed...what to do now ??

cks

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I'm trying to book an United Airlines award ticket. For the tax component, its asking US credit card and not accepting India credit card. I'm trying from the app. How to handle this?

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm trying to book an United Airlines award ticket. For the tax component, its asking US credit card and not accepting India credit card. I'm trying from the app. How to handle this?

I have used DCB successfully this month. Just used the US address of a friend. When it asks you to fill the address location etc., use a US address and it will work fine.

cks

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Using the United airlines android app. In the payments screen, its not even allowing the credit card number stating that "This card can't be saved due to Indian government regulations"

Attachments

• IMG_20230830_132944.jpg
    IMG_20230830_132944.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 5

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Using the United airlines android app. In the payments screen, its not even allowing the credit card number stating that "This card can't be saved due to Indian government regulations"

I think there is one more page that comes up where it asks for your address and all. In that page too you have to enter US details.

cks

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your help.

I'm trying to book oneway from Kolkata to Paris via Delhi on 16 DEC for 3 pax.

Yes, finally was able to move to the next page. But while submitting, its giving error. Called United customer care, now they are saying there is no availability for a part of the journey (that is Kolkata to Delhi part) , although in United app it's showing available for Kolkata to Paris.

I'm trying to book oneway from Kolkata to Paris via Delhi on 16 DEC for 3 pax.

Any idea where I can get confirmation on ticket availability for Star Alliance? United is not showing right data.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This happens. Sometimes, it is the issue with their system not showing the correct availability and sometimes there are technical issues.

Did you call CC or used the chat option? I have had better experience using chat. If the rep is not being helpful. Then cancel that chat and try again. Once, I was trying to reschedule my flight but the rep said no flight is not available but it was showing on webpage and app. I cancelled the chat and then tried again and got a better rep. This time, the flight was rescheduled without any issue.