• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Purchase cost of shares - demat

chdguy1980

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I need to fill Schedule AL in ITR 2, which requires reporting of Assets and Liabilities as per Cost Price.

I have a demat account of ICICI but no associated trading account. Demat account was opened long back as plain demat without any associated trading account.

I need a report of my demat holdings with purchase value (cost of purchase), where can I get the same? Unable to get it from iMobile and net banking. I do not have icici direct login. Customer care is not able to help.

Please suggest.

Is there any report I can get from NSDL which shows cost of purchase of the shares? The CAS has current value but not cost.

Hi,

I need to fill Schedule AL in ITR 2, which requires reporting of Assets and Liabilities as per Cost Price.

I have a demat account of ICICI but no associated trading account. Demat account was opened long back as plain demat without any associated trading account.

I need a report of my demat holdings with purchase value (cost of purchase), where can I get the same? Unable to get it from iMobile and net banking. I do not have icici direct login. Customer care is not able to help.

Please suggest.

Is there any report I can get from NSDL which shows cost of purchase of the shares? The CAS has current value but not cost.
@SSV sir might help in ICICI demat query.
I have no idea of Only Demat account in ICICI...
How did you open this in the first place and when?

you have to dpend upon your shre depository , ie. NSDL in this case. I am sure they must have sent you an email notification when you bought the shares..
You must have recieved an email from NSDL at time of purchase. pls check your email..
they will send some weekly update..

ICICI never opens demat only account. Try to get your trading ID by fetching from icicidirect website. I opened in 2005 and it was opened with Demat+Trading mode. Later linked to savings to make it 3-in-1. Since 2007 ICICI mostly opened 3-in-1 accounts i.e Savings+Demat+Trading.

So I am also confused how you get demat only.

Bro, you have demat account with shares, so how you purchase those shares ??
Without trading account with a broker, you cannot purchase shares!!!
Please refer to your CAS and you will come to know your broker.
Refer below:

1722249735992.webp

ICICI never opens demat only account. Try to get your trading ID by fetching from icicidirect website. I opened in 2005 and it was opened with Demat+Trading mode. Later linked to savings to make it 3-in-1. Since 2007 ICICI mostly opened 3-in-1 accounts i.e Savings+Demat+Trading.

So I am also confused how you get demat only.
It was opened in early 2007, it was needed for delivery of company ESOP which had vested and had to be necessarily purchased by Mar 2007. I didn't have demat those days. ICICI informed that they can open only demat(linked to saving) in 3-4 days time however for trading account or 3-in-1 it would take a month to open. Only demat was ok for me for delivery of shares as I wanted to keep those long term. So I got demat opened linked to saving account but never had icici direct login or trading id.

Any suggestions? NSDL CAS or iDeas has the current value of those shares but not purchase price.

CAS will not show cost of shares. They just dont have that data.
Further, since these are part of ESOP, its you who need to know the cost of the shares only since these are off market transactions.

You need to calculate your cost your yourself.

It was opened in early 2007, it was needed for delivery of company ESOP which had vested and had to be necessarily purchased by Mar 2007. I didn't have demat those days. ICICI informed that they can open only demat(linked to saving) in 3-4 days time however for trading account or 3-in-1 it would take a month to open. Only demat was ok for me for delivery of shares as I wanted to keep those long term. So I got demat opened linked to saving account but never had icici direct login or trading id.

Any suggestions? NSDL CAS or iDeas has the current value of those shares but not purchase price.
Login nsdl speede app it will show all ur holdings
It needs full demat number and associated mobile to create login

Back