• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query Regarding Taj Booking Taj Epicure Plus Membership & Taj Gift Vouchers

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

I have been holding ITC Culinaire membership and Marriott Gold and I have been extensively travelling across these properties only. But recently got Taj Epicure plus membership on Plat reserve card and hold couple of Amex Taj vouchers and I am new to Taj booking and redemption. Can you guys let me know how to maximize the booking value using the combination of both.

- I am looking to stay in Delhi for couple of days
- Travel to other domestic destinations later this year.

@anirban.choudhury @SSV @VISHESH_BANSAL @vaibhav111 @Subhankar @Pavan

None of the Taj Hotels in Delhi are worth using the free stay which comes complimentary with Epicure. I have stayed in them, so telling you from experience.

You should rather use in Taj hotels in Goa or Kerala.

Taj GV cannot be redeemed partially. If it is a 20K GV, you must consume the entire 20K during the stay. The balance doesn't get deducted and preserved.

Taj GV cannot be redeemed partially. If it is a 20K GV, you must consume the entire 20K during the stay. The balance doesn't get deducted and preserved.
Got it, if the bill for 2N stay is 25000 for member rate and Can I use my 20% off voucher on web booking and get it for 20000 and pay using 20000 Taj GV?? If the property accepts though.

Got it, if the bill for 2N stay is 25000 for member rate and Can I use my 20% off voucher on web booking and get it for 20000 and pay using 20000 Taj GV?? If the property accepts though.
That is correct. All Taj properties I've stayed in so far, including Vivanta and IHCL do accept GV as payment methods.

None of the Taj Hotels in Delhi are worth using the free stay which comes complimentary with Epicure. I have stayed in them, so telling you from experience.

Amex reserve epicure plus does not give stay plus vouchers . It only gives discount on BAR rates right @BVC ?

I also new to Taj booking but have read in multiple posts that we cannot book with member rate if using Taj vouchers.. Pls confirm before booking

I was planning Taj palace delhi for couple of days. Should I look for another option?

I also new to Taj booking but have read in multiple posts that we cannot book with member rate if using Taj vouchers.. Pls confirm before booking
I don't think that is right. You book using the member rates with an option of pay with gift voucher at hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel, let them know that you are gonna paying using the GV. It has worked for me in the past at Taj Mumbai and Bangalore.

But should we have to take confirmation from reservation desk before booking?
Not needed. I did not do it and it worked fine for me. You may want to check with the reservation team just to have peace of mind. Don’t ask, tell them you are going to make the payment using GV

Not needed. I did not do it and it worked fine for me. You may want to check with the reservation team just to have peace of mind. Don’t ask, tell them you are going to make the payment using GV
Worked for me in ITC like this. Booked on member rate and paid using ITC vouchers.

But wanted to know whether it's the same with Taj or not. Yes user experiences and feedback matters on these booking process.

Hi Everyone,

I have been holding ITC Culinaire membership and Marriott Gold and I have been extensively travelling across these properties only. But recently got Taj Epicure plus membership on Plat reserve card and hold couple of Amex Taj vouchers and I am new to Taj booking and redemption. Can you guys let me know how to maximize the booking value using the combination of both.

- I am looking to stay in Delhi for couple of days
- Travel to other domestic destinations later this year.

@anirban.choudhury @SSV @VISHESH_BANSAL @vaibhav111 @Subhankar
DM'ed you + 3

Reactions: BVC
There are two types of vouchers... Amex Taj vouchers and Taj experience vouchers.

Taj experience vouchers work on all fare types. Discounted also. No issues

Amex Taj vouchers are little restrictive as some hotel properties do not allow them against discounted rates. Some city properties where there is good competition, Amex vouchers are accepted on discounted rates also (but no guaranty, better to check with property). Resort properties will mostly not take Amex Taj vouchers on discounted rates.

So you need to be careful if you get vouchers via Amex. For regular Taj experience vouchers, there is no issue

Back