• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI is not following its own guidelines

Mahmodul

TF Buzz
This month I applied for IDFC credit card and completed VKYC then next day home verification done then 3days office verification done but suddenly 4days got an email of application rejection, then I wrote an email to PNO desk and asked the reason of declination but don't disclosed the reason their copy paste reply of internal reason, then raised a complaint to RBI but now got a reply from Nodal desk where mentioned my office verification unsuccessful, I strange how it's possible, verification agent submitted my verification report infront of me, then I replied nodal desk with the call history of verification agent and time date also, and also I mentioned after office verification I tracked my application where it was also shown application verified, but no reply from them.
Now RBI also satisfied with the reply of IDFC and closed my complaint, even RBI also mentioned bank told me the actual reason of declination but they replied after complaint to RBI, why bank denied to mention actual reason of declination before RBI complaint. Also RBI don't check my reply to Nodal desk, simply believed on their beloved IDFC Bank and closed my complaint

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240831-034150_Gmail.webp
    Screenshot_20240831-034150_Gmail.webp
    173.4 KB · Views: 51
Be happy that IDFC's PNO gave you some reply. And, RBIO made them give the needed reply.

Many a time even that doesn't happen.

Don't take it to heart. And, move on. By not getting IDFC CCs, you are not missing anything really.
My point is not getting IDFC credit card but if RBI don't follow their own guidelines and support bank then customer where they can go for complaint and if RBI do like that it's no use of raising complaint to RBI.

My point is not getting IDFC credit card but if RBI don't follow their own guidelines and support bank then customer where they can go for complaint and if RBI do like that it's no use of raising complaint to RBI.
Since you are new to the TF forum, you have not seen many unpalatable acts done by banks, their PNOs n even by RBIO.

You will know, in due course. Don't take it seriously and spoil your moods.

Now a days credit card application can be rejected even after completing the kyc n office verification

This happened with me in yes bank kiwi credit card

It seems now a days no criteria of rejection and approval its all your luck and bank requirement. You get LTF card also when they have to fulfill their targets.

Don't spread wrong information. Please read the RBI circular. They never said that the exact reason should be provided for rejection. They said that the lender should provide a reason which according to them is the main reason for rejection. Kindly read the exact words in the notice before spreading misinformation.

HDFC Bank has closed my card without intimated. Refused to restore. Ombudsman only believed the bank statement and did not consider my evidence and screenshots. Filed a writ petition before Delhi High Court. Months later they called and offered to reinstate the card. Had a video call also with ombudsman's office. They are short staffed. Lot of errors happen. But long story short since I got what I wanted, will be withdrawing the case next week. But yeah, you can go after the ombudsman and state you have a right to know the reason for the denial and your KYC was done but the bank gave a false reply which the ombudsman believed. Issue is - is it worth your time, energy and cost?

I also had reward points to consider plus a 17 year history.

HDFC Bank has closed my card without intimated. Refused to restore. Ombudsman only believed the bank statement and did not consider my evidence and screenshots. Filed a writ petition before Delhi High Court. Months later they called and offered to reinstate the card. Had a video call also with ombudsman's office. They are short staffed. Lot of errors happen. But long story short since I got what I wanted, will be withdrawing the case next week. But yeah, you can go after the ombudsman and state you have a right to know the reason for the denial and your KYC was done but the bank gave a false reply which the ombudsman believed. Issue is - is it worth your time, energy and cost?

I also had reward points to consider plus a 17 year history.
Well done bro.. without dragging them court they will not stop harrassing customer.

Back