• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Zomato Edition Classic & Edition Black Credit Card Benefits Update

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Effective from 20th September, 22022 you'll see some changes in the benefits of your RBL Zomato Edition Classic & Black Credit Card.

Changes for Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card-

Welcome benefit - Zomato Pro Membership (renewed automatically every year)

Reward System-

5% Edition Cash on spends done on Zomato & Blinkit App
(Up to 500 Edition Cash per day; 500 EC on spending Rs. 10,000)
1% Edition Cash on spends done everywhere else
* Edition Cash accrual is not applicable on spends done on Fuel, Wallet Load &
Rent payments.

Milestone-
Get 2000 Edition Cash on spending Rs. 2 Lacs every year.

Changes for RBL Zomato Edition Black Credit Card -

Welcome benefit - Zomato Pro plus Membership (renewed automatically every year)

Reward System-

10% Edition Cash on spends done on Zomato & Blinkit App
(Up to 1000 Edition Cash per day; 1000 EC on spending Rs. 10,000)
Rent payments.

Milestone-
Get 2000 Edition Cash on spending Rs. 5 Lacs every year.

Other benefits-

Lounge Access-

Enjoy 2 Complimentary domestic airport lounge visits every calendar quarter.
Enjoy 2 Complimentary international airport lounge visits every calendar year with
Complimentary Priority Pass Membership
(available on request).

Movie benefit-
Buy 1 and Get 1 movie ticket free at BookMyShow, once every month (up to ₹200)

Discounted Markup Fees-
1.5% Markup fees

Fee Waiver -
Next year’s annual membership fee (Rs. 1499+GST) on your Credit Card will become zero on spending ₹4 Lacs in a year.

Zomato Edition Classic & Zomato Edition Black Credit Card Benefits PDF Attached

Opinion about the changes-
This is a huge devaluation. RBL Bank has removed the birthday benefit and accelerated reward points on spending done at stand alone restaurants.
No doubt, this card has lost its charms.
But yes, they have added Blinkit as an accelerated reward point partner, which is very good.

Attachments

Ahh, you can try to push them for LTF. LTF it's a win-win
Yeah I have been following up with them since couple of weeks. They said they will get back to me but the customer support's turn around time is just pathetic. Fingers crossed on that.
Meanwhile I wish Eazydiner ramps up its tie-up with restaurants in my city faster. Currently just not convinced to take the Eazydiner card due to the low number of tie-ups.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't have a dineout passport membership but I have a Swiggy One membership. Is this going to be of any use?
i have swiggy one, and on my swiggy app, it is showing a dineout section. you can pay at restaurants using this and there are attractive offers around 20-40% off. some of the restaurants i visited accepted payment via zomato and swiggy-dineout, but refused eazydiner.

through swiggy-dineout, table booking is not available. on dineout website, table booking is available. i am not sure, but dineout-passport seems to be a different programs from dineout-swiggy.

Last edited:
i have swiggy one, and on my swiggy app, it is showing a dineout section. you can pay at restaurants using this and there are attractive offers around 20-40% off. some of the restaurants i visited accepted payment via zomato and swiggy-dineout, but refused eazydiner.

through swiggy-dineout, table booking is not available. on dineout website, table booking is available. i am not sure, but dineout-passport seems to be a different programs from dineout-swiggy.
I guess this is something in beta/available in selected cities as of now as I cannot see any such feature in my Swiggy app. Maybe going forward this will become a feature which would be great! Thanks for the information!

I guess this is something in beta/available in selected cities as of now as I cannot see any such feature in my Swiggy app. Maybe going forward this will become a feature which would be great! Thanks for the information!
As swiggy has acquired dineout, they are trying to integrate it within the swiggy app itself. This is what i can see on swiggy right now. Location: Delhi Screenshot_20220821-055325.png

My guess! This devaluation happened ,beacuse of Bajaj Finserv may dissatisfied or If we can use zomato edition cash in Blinkist App that may cause them revenue lose as blinkist app for grocery, They planning to Launch Zomato pay instead of Zomato credits and wallet, i think they replicate amazon pay business.

It's more like a destruction than just devaluation. Nothing worthwhile left anymore. I still understand removing the 10% birthday thing. A blanket 10% CB without restrictions/caps is an absurd offer to keep live for too long which they actually did.

But what's even more damaging imo is the removal of the dine-in benefit which was there at all restaurants & even reducing the core / default reward rate from 1.5% to 1%. That's been done with the double hit of excluding some spends too (fuel/wallet/rent).. which was not the case so far.

Now even with 2L spends the return rate will come to 2% that too in Z credits. Why will anyone use this card now for primary spends? Even 5% on Zomato doesnt mean much when there are plenty other card offers on Zomato/Swiggy. This is besides cards like Axis FK/Ace/APay cards some of which are giving 4/10% etc CB on these apps & better / more meaningful CBs in general.

Having it LTF for Zomato Pro is the only silver lining even if a bleak one!

Effective from 20th September, 22022 you'll see some changes in the benefits of your RBL Zomato Edition Classic & Black Credit Card.

Changes for Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card-

Welcome benefit - Zomato Pro Membership (renewed automatically every year)

Reward System-

5% Edition Cash on spends done on Zomato & Blinkit App
(Up to 500 Edition Cash per day; 500 EC on spending Rs. 10,000)
Rent payments.

Milestone-
Get 2000 Edition Cash on spending Rs. 2 Lacs every year.

Changes for RBL Zomato Edition Black Credit Card -

Welcome benefit - Zomato Pro plus Membership (renewed automatically every year)

Reward System-

10% Edition Cash on spends done on Zomato & Blinkit App
(Up to 1000 Edition Cash per day; 1000 EC on spending Rs. 10,000)
Rent payments.

Milestone-
Get 2000 Edition Cash on spending Rs. 5 Lacs every year.

Other benefits-

Lounge Access-

Enjoy 2 Complimentary domestic airport lounge visits every calendar quarter.
Enjoy 2 Complimentary international airport lounge visits every calendar year with
Complimentary Priority Pass Membership
(available on request).

Movie benefit-
Buy 1 and Get 1 movie ticket free at BookMyShow, once every month (up to ₹200)

Discounted Markup Fees-
1.5% Markup fees

Fee Waiver -
Next year’s annual membership fee (Rs. 1499+GST) on your Credit Card will become zero on spending ₹4 Lacs in a year.

Zomato Edition Classic & Zomato Edition Black Credit Card Benefits PDF Attached

Opinion about the changes-
This is a huge devaluation. RBL Bank has removed the birthday benefit and accelerated reward points on spending done at stand alone restaurants.
No doubt, this card has lost its charms.
But yes, they have added Blinkit as an accelerated reward point partner, which is very good.
Cashback for birthday spends removed?

Now that they have devalued, is the Black card available? Earlier the Zomato and RBL guys used to say that it undergoing some changes that is why it is not available.

Back