• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold LTF

FforFun

TF Buzz
I am using ICICI bank as my main A/c maintaining 6-7lacs amb. They didn't offer me any good card. So I thought to shift to HDFC bank so I can get regalia gold. I contacted two RMs for it. Don't know who is the one telling the truth.

1. Father's RM (HDFC Preferred A/C holder)
He asked me to open a basic A/C in hdfc in nearby branch and then asked me to transfer 2lacs to that account and then he will upgrade that account to preferred. He said he will get me a regalia gold LTF BUT I NEED TO INVEST LUMPSUM 1lac in mutual fund with him in HDFC fund.

2. Mother's RM(HDFC Preferred A/C holder)
I explained the whole thing to him, he said even if you invest 1crore with us, I can't gurantee a Regalia LTF coz HDFC just doesn't give regalia LTF. He said the other RM is just seeing his own benefit and will later go back on his words (वो सिर्फ़ अपनी रोटियां सेक रहा है और बाद में अपनी बात से पलट जाएगा). He is saying open a savings max account with me, maintain 2lacs and get upgraded to preferred and I may get a pre approved offer for regalia gold. Now I cannot decide who is lying!

Now, I request you guys to give me clarity on below:

1. Kiske according account open karu 1st RM or 2nd RM?
2. I am having a TATA neu card 70k limit, 1st RM is saying to close card before opening A/C if you want regalia but 2nd one says it doesn't matter keep tata neu and wait for offer after opening the account.

1. 1st RM seems motivated enough to get a card,
whether Reg Gold LTF is worth putting 1L in mutual funds through HDFC is something you should decide,
Branch employees have some pull and can get you SPCs LTF as they can taje deviation from higher authorities in bank

2. HDFC has this weird rule about not giving core cards to people holding only co branded cards, so his statement tracks

Btw you're pulling strings to get Reg Gold LTF, why not go further and ask for DCB or Infinia LTF,
no harm in getting some info

1. 1st RM seems motivated enough to get a card,
whether Reg Gold LTF is worth putting 1L in mutual funds through HDFC is something you should decide,
Branch employees have some pull and can get you SPCs LTF as they can taje deviation from higher authorities in bank

2. HDFC has this weird rule about not giving core cards to people holding only co branded cards, so his statement tracks

Btw you're pulling strings to get Reg Gold LTF, why not go further and ask for DCB or Infinia LTF,
no harm in getting some info
I just wanted a card that gives me a good limit 4-5lacs. I am salaried and I filed around 5.5L ITR this year and I am maintaining 5L+ in ICICI bank from last 3 years still they didn't give me any CC. So, I thought the best card would be Regalia gold which also comes with a priority pass. I am not sure what are the other options for me in terms of cc with good that give me a good limit with that ITR. I can maintain around 4-5L amb and need a premium cc. I am flexible with any bank/card. My area is not servicable for RBL/Amex/HSBC. What can be the options for me?

I just wanted a card that gives me a good limit 4-5lacs. I am salaried and I filed around 5.5L ITR this year and I am maintaining 5L+ in ICICI bank from last 3 years still they didn't give me any CC. So, I thought the best card would be Regalia gold which also comes with a priority pass. I am not sure what are the other options for me in terms of cc with good that give me a good limit with that ITR. I can maintain around 4-5L amb and need a premium cc. I am flexible with any bank/card. My area is not servicable for RBL/Amex/HSBC. What can be the options for me?
HDFC DCB .

If Priority Pass is what you're after, Reg Gold is a good option

Credit limit is complicated aspect that involves a lot of things such as Income, savings, debt, leverage etc
So while Reg Gold will give you atleast 3L limit hopefully, there's really not guarantee for it

Try and get ICICI Amazon Pay card, it's easy to get for existing ICICI Customers and they ICICI is known to be generous with their credit limits

Try and get ICICI Amazon Pay card, it's easy to get for existing ICICI Customers and they ICICI is known to be generous with their credit limits
So there's a story behind ICICI amazon pay cc, 3.5 years back when I turned 18 I opened a 10k fd in ICICI against a platinum card with a limit of 9k. Once I turned 21 I got ICICI amazon pay card with the same limit i.e 9k and 6-7 months of use they have increased the limit to 18k now. And even poked me saying they are increasing the limit by 100%! I closed the platinum card 1 year back and got coral rupay card with 9k limit that time which is now 18k as well. So, now I hold the ICICI Apay card but with just 18k limit and there's no way I can increase that and all this after I am maintaining a good balance.

So there's a story behind ICICI amazon pay cc, 3.5 years back when I turned 18 I opened a 10k fd in ICICI against a platinum card with a limit of 9k. Once I turned 21 I got ICICI amazon pay card with the same limit i.e 9k and 6-7 months of use they have increased the limit to 18k now. And even poked me saying they are increasing the limit by 100%! I closed the platinum card 1 year back and got coral rupay card with 9k limit that time which is now 18k as well. So, now I hold the ICICI Apay card but with just 18k limit and there's no way I can increase that and all this after I am maintaining a good balance.
Ask ICICI to increase your credit limit, share ITR or salary slips if necessary

Ask ICICI to increase your credit limit, share ITR or salary slips if necessary
How do I contact them, they just don't give a appropriate answer on toll free no. 1800 1080. And will they increase the limit if I just have an ITR of 5.5L and a month salary around 30k?
What are the other ways I can contact them?

How do I contact them, they just don't give a appropriate answer on toll free no. 1800 1080. And will they increase the limit if I just have an ITR of 5.5L and a month salary around 30k?
What are the other ways I can contact them?
They should give around 1L,

Email them

I am using ICICI bank as my main A/c maintaining 6-7lacs amb. They didn't offer me any good card. So I thought to shift to HDFC bank so I can get regalia gold. I contacted two RMs for it. Don't know who is the one telling the truth.

1. Father's RM (HDFC Preferred A/C holder)
He asked me to open a basic A/C in hdfc in nearby branch and then asked me to transfer 2lacs to that account and then he will upgrade that account to preferred. He said he will get me a regalia gold LTF BUT I NEED TO INVEST LUMPSUM 1lac in mutual fund with him in HDFC fund.

2. Mother's RM(HDFC Preferred A/C holder)
I explained the whole thing to him, he said even if you invest 1crore with us, I can't gurantee a Regalia LTF coz HDFC just doesn't give regalia LTF. He said the other RM is just seeing his own benefit and will later go back on his words (वो सिर्फ़ अपनी रोटियां सेक रहा है और बाद में अपनी बात से पलट जाएगा). He is saying open a savings max account with me, maintain 2lacs and get upgraded to preferred and I may get a pre approved offer for regalia gold. Now I cannot decide who is lying!

Now, I request you guys to give me clarity on below:

1. Kiske according account open karu 1st RM or 2nd RM?
2. I am having a TATA neu card 70k limit, 1st RM is saying to close card before opening A/C if you want regalia but 2nd one says it doesn't matter keep tata neu and wait for offer after opening the account.
I'm also hearing the same. The BM also said that regalia ltf has been discontinued as per bank. I already have a good amount of FDs, exceeding imperia and I gave them an offer to do more but they simply said they can't help.

She was happy to get it FYF but LTF was denied by her.

I know it might be possible to even get infinia ltf with right contacts but in general regalia gold ltf is tough recently since RBI got strict with banks

Edit: Forgot to add this is valid only while applying, in pre-approved you can always get LTF offer

Last edited:
I got RG LTF for my father recently! No FDs, No Insurance, No ULIP, No Investments. Nothing! Just right negotiation with right people!

He already had Tata Neu card which had to be closed yes but then we got the RG LTF. No other documents / ITR, just consent form signed.

He's self-employed, so not even the salary slip. I got him a fresh new Imperia account with the bank. One month later, we had the card delivered.

Tip: You have power to negotiate BEFORE opening an account NOT after. Get hold of Unit Head or RM's manager. RM itself are generally useless, they're only good to get sign at the doorstep and deliver to the bank! Keep them at it.

I Guess RMs will give you options as per their Sales targets, can't really believe any of them, Before going to a new bank check with ICICI what best they can for maintaining the AMB that you do with a mild indication that you may move a different bank BTW what options does your ICICI RM have for you?

I got RG LTF for my father recently! No FDs, No Insurance, No ULIP, No Investments. Nothing! Just right negotiation with right people!

He already had Tata Neu card which had to be closed yes but then we got the RG LTF. No other documents / ITR, just consent form signed.

He's self-employed, so not even the salary slip. I got him a fresh new Imperia account with the bank. One month later, we had the card delivered.

Tip: You have power to negotiate BEFORE opening an account NOT after. Get hold of Unit Head or RM's manager. RM itself are generally useless, they're only good to get sign at the doorstep and deliver to the bank! Keep them at it.
Sadly if you already have an account there's not much leverage.

For NTB what's the amount required as initial funding to open Imperia? And which card can be availed LTF with Imperia?

For NTB what's the amount required as initial funding to open Imperia? And which card can be availed LTF with Imperia?

IDK about the standard IP, we had a decent chunk allocated as part of the IP. RG was the one we took as LTF. DCB was on the menu too but not LTF and after personally experiencing its acceptance issues in the past, I didn't even want to consider taking it.

One can also likely negotiate for Infinia (Paid and LTF for those that got the pull).

Back