• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia upgrade to DCB/DCP. Suggestions needed.

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi everyone,

I’m using HDFC Regalia card & getting an option to upgrade to DCB/DCP. My Regalia card was 1YF so will be paid from next year. DCB/DCP are both paid with 2500+2500 , 10k+10k respectively as joining + annual charges.
My estimated annual spends are about 4-5 lakh for HDFC card. What would you recommend? Final goal is to go for Infinia.

Note: My Regalia has just 3.45 lakh limit. The upgrade might give me an enhanced limit.

DCB has yearly fee waiver at minimum spend of Rs 5L per year. Given your final goal is to go for Infinia, I would suggest to move to DCB, get increased CL over time to 8-10L, and then request for Infinia.

I did the same, was on DCB for ~2yrs, during which I asked for / got 2 CLEs from 5L to 8L and then to 10L, and then once I had ~8L+ spends over a 6 month period, requested for an upgrade to Infinia which I got FYF.

DCB has yearly fee waiver at minimum spend of Rs 5L per year. Given your final goal is to go for Infinia, I would suggest to move to DCB, get increased CL over time to 8-10L, and then request for Infinia.

I did the same, was on DCB for ~2yrs, during which I asked for / got 2 CLEs from 5L to 8L and then to 10L, and then once I had ~8L+ spends over a 6 month period, requested for an upgrade to Infinia which I got FYF.
Noted. I am trying for DCB FYF. Hoping to get it soon :)

Reactions: Max
Hi everyone,

I’m using HDFC Regalia card & getting an option to upgrade to DCB/DCP. My Regalia card was 1YF so will be paid from next year. DCB/DCP are both paid with 2500+2500 , 10k+10k respectively as joining + annual charges.
My estimated annual spends are about 4-5 lakh for HDFC card. What would you recommend? Final goal is to go for Infinia.

Note: My Regalia has just 3.45 lakh limit. The upgrade might give me an enhanced limit.
How many years you used Regalia before getting an upgrade offer to DCB?

I also have 3.5 Limit Regalia LTF which I got upgraded last month. Should I wait for an upgrade offer for DCB this year Or should I apply for Axis Magnus ? Mainly my moto is for travel. Including rent I spend arround 70 K per month on credit cards.

I also have 3.5 Limit Regalia LTF which I got upgraded last month. Should I wait for an upgrade offer for DCB this year Or should I apply for Axis Magnus ? Mainly my moto is for travel. Including rent I spend arround 70 K per month on credit cards.
I’ve heard that Magnus is a great card. You can definitely consider it. Since your monthly spends are good too, regalia in my opinion seems a bit lower variant card for you. As for DCB, it’s hard to get a pre approved offer so early. My experience with HDFC is Min 1 year for upgrade offer. May be try for limit enhancement after 6 months & then try for DCB.

I’ve heard that Magnus is a great card. You can definitely consider it. Since your monthly spends are good too, regalia in my opinion seems a bit lower variant card for you. As for DCB, it’s hard to get a pre approved offer so early. My experience with HDFC is Min 1 year for upgrade offer. May be try for limit enhancement after 6 months & then try for DC

I’ve heard that Magnus is a great card. You can definitely consider it. Since your monthly spends are good too, regalia in my opinion seems a bit lower variant card for you. As for DCB, it’s hard to get a pre approved offer so early. My experience with HDFC is Min 1 year for upgrade offer. May be try for limit enhancement after 6 months & then try for DCB.
Thank you so much for suggestions.

Axis Magnus becomes a good card, only if you can consistently hit a 1L per month spend milestone. Please keep that in mind as you make your decision.

Back