• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Upgrade to DCB (Alumni offer) process - How to get eligible

garvit_a

TF Buzz
Im currently holding a LTF Millenia Credit Card, which has quite a low credit limit. I’m eligible for a DCB LTF card through the alumni program but my RM mentions I do not meet the spend criteria or the credit limit criteria for my card. I have previously tried physically mailing the documents required for limit enhancement and card upgrade but HDFC straight up denied my request.
The funny thing is I hold a salary preferred account with them, my monthly salary is higher than my cards credit limit.

Of course I do not have many spends on millenia as I hold an Axis Vistara Infinite as well as Axis Magnus card which I put all my spends on for rewards. Can anyone suggest how I can get HDFC to issue me a DCB?

garvit_a

TF Buzz
I have tata neu infinite, mailed grievance for a new DCB card. They rejected saying I already have 1 card with HDFC. I have requested for an upgrade, let's see how it goes.
Let me know what reply you receive! I’m refraining from sending any emails before reading people’s experiences to avoid any further hard denials.
I have always had funny experiences with HDFC. Should never have accepted the millenia card, if it wasn’t for their 50 calls as soon as I got my salary account

Jayesh_

TF Buzz
Let me know what reply you receive! I’m refraining from sending any emails before reading people’s experiences to avoid any further hard denials.
I have always had funny experiences with HDFC. Should never have accepted the millenia card, if it wasn’t for their 50 calls as soon as I got my salary account
Haha, sure. Yeah they are funny and always find reasons to reject.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am in similar situation. Only difference is I am not under alumni offer.
I hold a regalia first card. Have preferred salary acc which I opened 2 months back. My corporate poc RM told me to upgrade my card to DCB ltf, I should have 7L spends in last 6 months. I merely have 1-1.5L spend in 6 months.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Im currently holding a LTF Millenia Credit Card, which has quite a low credit limit. I’m eligible for a DCB LTF card through the alumni program but my RM mentions I do not meet the spend criteria or the credit limit criteria for my card. I have previously tried physically mailing the documents required for limit enhancement and card upgrade but HDFC straight up denied my request.
The funny thing is I hold a salary preferred account with them, my monthly salary is higher than my cards credit limit.

Of course I do not have many spends on millenia as I hold an Axis Vistara Infinite as well as Axis Magnus card which I put all my spends on for rewards. Can anyone suggest how I can get HDFC to issue me a DCB?
Check this and the my next comment in the same thread

Jayesh_

TF Buzz
Update: Rejected my application. Despite meeting the eligibility criteria of 1.75+ in hand salary. They said can increase my infinity limit from 2.2 to 4.4.
Cibil - 792 & Experian - 843

wish to clarify that floor limit of Diners black card is Rs.5,00,000.00. Since the floor limit does not meet the eligibility criteria. Hence, we are unable to review the request for card upgrade.

any advice pls?

saucy

TF Ace
Guys

The official eligibility for DCB is 5L credit limit or 1.75+ in hand after deductions.

The eligibility for alumni offer is different. It is:
1.75+ in hand after deductions OR 8+ years since graduation.
If you don't meet this criteria, you'll get a diners privilege with a flat limit of 4.4L or something.

These are two DIFFERENT programs. The RM is misguiding you if they ask you for a 5L spend criteria.

There are different sales peeps for the alumni offers. You may directly email the grieveance team with all your docs attached in the first go,
Or fill out the form (i don't have the link ) to apply.

You may also search for "yadurya" on this forum and would find a number. She can be of help.

Jayesh_

TF Buzz
Guys

The official eligibility for DCB is 5L credit limit or 1.75+ in hand after deductions.

If you don't meet this criteria, you'll get a diners privilege with a flat limit of 4.4L or something.

These are two DIFFERENT programs. The RM is misguiding you if they ask you for a 5L spend criteria.

There are different sales peeps for the alumni offers. You may directly email the grieveance team with all your docs attached in the first go,
Or fill out the form (i don't have the link ) to apply.

You may also search for "yadurya" on this forum and would find a number. She can be of help.

They rejected my application, I met the 1st criteria.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

They rejected my application, I met the 1st criteria.
Did you send the email to priority redressal? You should reply again that as i fulfill the criteria please approve.. they rejected mine request to upgrade from DCP to DCB.. but later i sent them the screenshot where I was regularly getting email to upgrade to paid DCB.. so they upgraded to DCB after that mail

Jayesh_

TF Buzz
Did you send the email to priority redressal? You should reply again that as i fulfill the criteria please approve.. they rejected mine request to upgrade from DCP to DCB.. but later i sent them the screenshot where I was regularly getting email to upgrade to paid DCB.. so they upgraded to DCB after that mail
Yeah sent to priority redressal only. They said criteria is 5 lakh limit. They can increase my limit from 2.2 to 4.4. See attached. Is this criteria which you mentioned, written somewhere?
If you can share please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-09-21-14-13-39_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-09-21-14-13-39_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 107

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah sent to priority redressal only. They said criteria is 5 lakh limit. They can increase my limit from 2.2 to 4.4. See attached. Is this criteria which you mentioned, written somewhere?
If you can share please.
Ok then increase your limit and when you reach 5 lakh limit then try again.. usually they check 1.75 lakh salary, passout of 2014 or before .. or limit of 500000 on existing HDFC cc

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi thanks for sharing the details. Yes had the same experience of getting LE but not giving upgrade to DCB LTF under alumni program. Though they didn't mention the reason as 5L min limit but rather were saying the credit card account isn't eligible for upgrade. Got the same reply at all levels till PNO. To be fair, haven't transacted using millennia but had almost 2L spends in last 6 months on neu infinity

darkmatter

TF Buzz
I already have a FYF DCB. Has anybody closed their existing DCB and applied for LTF DCB using alumni offer?
My RM has suggested this option but I'm not sure how reliable this method is.

Pgoel06

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey guys.

Holding Tata neu plus card with 75k limit, and don't have any core credit card with hdfc. But as per the alumni program my college is there in the list, And I fulfils the criteria of 8+years of graduation.
Can you guide me which core card can I get ltf under alumni program.
Have other banks credit card with highest limit of 4 lacs.

TF Premier
Hey guys.

Holding Tata neu plus card with 75k limit, and don't have any core credit card with hdfc. But as per the alumni program my college is there in the list, And I fulfils the criteria of 8+years of graduation.
Can you guide me which core card can I get ltf under alumni program.
Have other banks credit card with highest limit of 4 lacs.
Not sure about the 8+ year experience criteria. But one can easily get DCB LTF if ITR is 21L and above or existing HDFC card limit is 5L above.
Two of my friends got DCB LTF upgrade on 20.5L ITR. Their cards were about to expire. That might have been the reason for upgrade I guess

Pgoel06

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Friends as I requested for dcb under Alumni offer as an upgrade from Tata neu plus 75k. But they are refused to upgrade rather they want to increase my limit.
I am attaching their response. Please guide me what should I do

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905_203518_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230905_203518_Gmail.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 56