• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Upgrade to DCB (Alumni offer) process - How to get eligible

garvit_a

TF Buzz
Im currently holding a LTF Millenia Credit Card, which has quite a low credit limit. I’m eligible for a DCB LTF card through the alumni program but my RM mentions I do not meet the spend criteria or the credit limit criteria for my card. I have previously tried physically mailing the documents required for limit enhancement and card upgrade but HDFC straight up denied my request.
The funny thing is I hold a salary preferred account with them, my monthly salary is higher than my cards credit limit.

Of course I do not have many spends on millenia as I hold an Axis Vistara Infinite as well as Axis Magnus card which I put all my spends on for rewards. Can anyone suggest how I can get HDFC to issue me a DCB?

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Friends as I requested for dcb under Alumni offer as an upgrade from Tata neu plus 75k. But they are refused to upgrade rather they want to increase my limit.
I am attaching their response. Please guide me what should I do
not sure if they upgrade a co-branded card to DCB under Alumni offer. But in anyways, it is advisable to get the limit enhanced as:
1. HDFC doesn't provide LE easily
2. The upgrade to higher variants gets unlocked based on existing card's limit (again subject to condition that they offer upgrade from co-branded to core)

You may get the Upgrade request reviewed if your current limit becomes > 5 Lakhs

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Guys

The official eligibility for DCB is 5L credit limit or 1.75+ in hand after deductions.

The eligibility for alumni offer is different. It is:
1.75+ in hand after deductions OR 8+ years since graduation.
If you don't meet this criteria, you'll get a diners privilege with a flat limit of 4.4L or something.

These are two DIFFERENT programs. The RM is misguiding you if they ask you for a 5L spend criteria.

There are different sales peeps for the alumni offers. You may directly email the grieveance team with all your docs attached in the first go,
Or fill out the form (i don't have the link ) to apply.

You may also search for "yadurya" on this forum and would find a number. She can be of help.
8+ year from any college or IITs and IIMs only?

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Man the amount of wrong information on this thread is mind boggling!
not sure if they upgrade a co-branded card to DCB under Alumni offer. But in anyways, it is advisable to get the limit enhanced as:
1. HDFC doesn't provide LE easily
2. The upgrade to higher variants gets unlocked based on existing card's limit (again subject to condition that they offer upgrade from co-branded to core)

You may get the Upgrade request reviewed if your current limit becomes > 5 Lakhs

This.. This is the reason you guys are facing issues.
You can never get DCB using Tata Neu cards or any other co branded cards.
Only core card can be upgraded to DCB.
Secondary, if you are seeking a new DCB via Alumni, either your ITR should be as mentioned above i.e. 21+ lpa or net salary be 1.75lac.
Now, for upgrading your core like millenia or Diner privilege to DCB via Alumni, spend based criteria is never a factor and your RM is saying this so that you are forced to spend.
The major criteria is that your limit should be 5 lac plus and albeit a minor one is that your core card should be old, preferably 4-5+ years old.
Sending your documents to Chennai is the worst method.
You have to send a mail to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com
And no, there is no CIBIL hit for upgrading the cards, only limit increase MAY cause a CIBIL hit but that depends on your luck!
Finally, you will never get upgradation in your 1st try. You have to be an A*hole by sending regular mails!

TF Premier
Man the amount of wrong information on this thread is mind boggling!

This.. This is the reason you guys are facing issues.
You can never get DCB using Tata Neu cards or any other co branded cards.
Only core card can be upgraded to DCB.
Secondary, if you are seeking a new DCB via Alumni, either your ITR should be as mentioned above i.e. 21+ lpa or net salary be 1.75lac.
Now, for upgrading your core like millenia or Diner privilege to DCB via Alumni, spend based criteria is never a factor and your RM is saying this so that you are forced to spend.
The major criteria is that your limit should be 5 lac plus and albeit a minor one is that your core card should be old, preferably 4-5+ years old.
Sending your documents to Chennai is the worst method.
You have to send a mail to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com
And no, there is no CIBIL hit for upgrading the cards, only limit increase MAY cause a CIBIL hit but that depends on your luck!
Finally, you will never get upgradation in your 1st try. You have to be an A*hole by sending regular mails!
I have read on the forum that people who had DCB and Tata Neu Infinity upgraded the DCB to Infinia and Tata Neu Infinity to DCB. Also, there are posts stating that HDFC is not issuing core cards if someone has a cobranded card.
So I don't think that one cannot upgrade cobranded card to DCB.

Last edited:

don123

TF Buzz
Hi thanks for sharing the details. Yes had the same experience of getting LE but not giving upgrade to DCB LTF under alumni program. Though they didn't mention the reason as 5L min limit but rather were saying the credit card account isn't eligible for upgrade. Got the same reply at all levels till PNO. To be fair, haven't transacted using millennia but had almost 2L spends in last 6 months on neu infinity
Which institution are included in alumni offer?