• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia vs Regalia gold

Legionomous

TF Buzz
Is it meaningful to upgrade my Regalia card to Regalia gold?
Got an email from HDFC to upgrade the card with no joining fees. Don’t know if it’s worth moving from LTF to FYF with very low usage.

Just take it, they want to make Gold as standard Regalia variant and discontinue the vanilla sometime in future
But they will charge annual fee from 2nd year onward. Why pay when we have LTF Regalia? I got the same offer 4 months back and got it again today. You are right, seems like they are pushing everyone to Regalia Gold. Will emailing HDFC for LTF Regalia Gold help ? (since existing regalia is already LTF)

But they will charge annual fee from 2nd year onward. Why pay when we have LTF Regalia? I got the same offer 4 months back and got it again today. You are right, seems like they are pushing everyone to Regalia Gold. Will emailing HDFC for LTF Regalia Gold help ? (since existing regalia is already LTF)
Yes, try to ask for LTF gold
. No harm.. you can tell them , I am only interested in ltf gold .
If you are not in hurry, you can wait until the end... then you will get gold ltf.. but that may take some years

Yes, try to ask for LTF gold
. No harm.. you can tell them , I am only interested in ltf gold .
If you are not in hurry, you can wait until the end... then you will get gold ltf.. but that may take some years
Thanks. Yeah, I didn't avail the offer 4 months ago thinking they may offer LTF but they never did. After a while I started seeing DCB but that was also only FYF. Let me email them and ask if they will provide gold as ltf.

I opened a preferred account with HDFC on Jan 22 and was offered an LTF Regalia on March 22 with a CL of 3L. Got two LE in the last 2 years with the current CL being 5.4L. I have been offered FYF Regalia gold for the last 2 quarters, but my target is Infinia. Using Regalia as my primary card with a monthly spend of 50-60K, but transferred some spends to SBI CB for a better reward rate. Should I go for the upgrade or wait for a few more LEs and then request Infinia?

I opened a preferred account with HDFC on Jan 22 and was offered an LTF Regalia on March 22 with a CL of 3L. Got two LE in the last 2 years with the current CL being 5.4L. I have been offered FYF Regalia gold for the last 2 quarters, but my target is Infinia. Using Regalia as my primary card with a monthly spend of 50-60K, but transferred some spends to SBI CB for a better reward rate. Should I go for the upgrade or wait for a few more LEs and then request Infinia?
Wait for some more time

is there a possibility that they may stop LE if I don't upgrade?
Most likely No. .
But depends on your timeline to go for the infinia…
to get the infinia in a traditional route , you need to spend big in the current card.
If you are going to spend that much, what is stopping you to upgrade to Gold, anyway fee will be waived off basis your projected spends

Last edited:
Most likely No. .
But depends on your timeline to go for the timeline…
to get the infinia in a traditional route , you need to spend in the current card.
If you are going to spend that much, what is stopping you to upgrade to Gold, anyway fee will be waived off basis your projected spends
Whats the ladder in Hdfc .
Hdfc Millniea
Then regalia
Regalia gold
DCb and ______

Lastly infinia

Reactions: SSV
Most likely No. .
But depends on your timeline to go for the infinia…
to get the infinia in a traditional route , you need to spend big in the current card.
Obviously, if I am offered Infinia today, I will accept. My thought behind not going for RG gold upgrade is they may not offer me another upgrade for the next few months/years. What would you do if you were in my place?

Back