• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding access and it's restriction of bank transaction history available to all employees regardless of their position.

Hello @SSV @Vasuki @VISHESH_BANSAL !!

Please help of any available methods on restricting access to all bank transaction history, access to FD's, my investment portfolio etc. which is available to not only my RM, but BM, loan, and practically any nitty gritty employee who works at the bank by just knowing my account number.

Account -
@IndusInd Bank - Select Family Program

I AM SPOOKED. GUYSSSSSS! I am okay with government using the access to transaction history, maybe even a BM, my RM, higher CS representatives, but literally anyone having your entire savings account history?????? Contacts, names who have you as beneficiarys. Naah. I can't have this as an open book. 🤦🏻

Help me on how to limit access to account transaction history specifically which is currently available to all bank employees and the knowledge of which can be easily misused. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Solution
I hope tagging all big guns would help...

@SSV
@Vasuki
@Wealth is my birth right!
@VisheshBansal
@Shin-Chan
@shubhankaraarya
@ashwink
@HumorSimpson
@Abhishek012

AND ALL THE LEGENDS WHOM I MISSED. 🥺 PLEASE HELP ME... Bhagwan aapko dudho nahaye puto phalaye.
First thing:
There is nothing you can do as it stands now in order to restrict the access to your data depending upon the hierarchy within the bank..
This facility is not technically available to customers like you and me.. period…

Okay regarding what is right or wrong we can discuss this for any length of the time and still can not come with any resolution as there are many many factors that are involved...
@paras.bhalodia

Do you worry - on the same lines - if you know that your valuable details - including historical data - of your

1 mobile numbers
2 browsing data
3 social media data
4 online trxns

is available for download n analysis n targetted sales/marketing ?

Such data - often runs into GBs.

Do you know how much detailed data is being collected - on you - under each of the above category ?

Just have a look at your phone. It has over 100 Apps. Collecting data on you each n every second of your life.

If you start worrying on everything else, your most valuable things - your health n peace - will get seriously damaged.

Till you get rid of ALL these, or till you have alternative n reliable options to control such access, try to avoid thinking n worrying too much about these.

You are in 2024. The future will be much more difficult. Face the reality. Or, lead a nomadic life - devoid of everything electronic or digital.

This whole thread is pretty much his rant area.
I stopped giving a f* after 10 replies of his 🥱

Just my two cents (not that he will agree or care):
1. If an employee is misusing your data then there are legal consequences. You can file a case against them.
2. There's something called employee code of conduct, data security training for each employee in any decent bank. Each and everyone should follow it. If not, then they are liable for legal actions.
3. If someone is cross selling you insurance or something based on your savings account transactions there's nothing you can do, you have agreed to the terms and conditions before opening your savings account which entitles the bank to promote their products based on user data.

I don't work in a bank or have the full know-how of how everything works but I'm pretty sure about the corporate workings of any company. So I'm guessing banks will have stricter policies compared to regular corporates.

Maybe.

Finally a sensible answer by a non - banker 😬

Back