• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reissue SBI Debit card Options

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have misplaced my SBI Debit card which i am using it for savings purpose. I am requesting for a new replacement card and i see the below options.

Which should i consider and what are those benefits ? earlier i didn't have this option just request for debit card. Any helps appreciated. TIA.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 9.13.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 9.13.48 PM.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 69
@ashwink what's the benefits of mastercard debit card? Any particular offer that you are able to make use of? I have sbi rupay platinum iocl and it works very well. Razorpay gateway haa no charges for payment using rupay debit cards... So I use my sbi rupay platinum debit card to make my society maintenance payments and also earn rewards on it.
Although I am using VISA Gold(To pay those banks CC bills which I can't pay through HDFC Portal), but I still have one SBI MC Platinum in my family. SBI promotes it's offers on MasterCard more than VISA/Rupay. Recently last month, there was an offer Flat 250 off on min ₹2500 on Flipkart only on SBI MC DC , also on their website offers can be seen. See the attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20221006_075955.jpg
    IMG_20221006_075955.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 16
@ashwink what's the benefits of mastercard debit card? Any particular offer that you are able to make use of? I have sbi rupay platinum iocl and it works very well. Razorpay gateway haa no charges for payment using rupay debit cards... So I use my sbi rupay platinum debit card to make my society maintenance payments and also earn rewards on it.
You forget one more thing.
Paytm allow direct credit card billpay via RuPay cards (useless mastercard is not suppprted), Also earn rewards points.

Many govt and electricity bill website also charge extra fees through debit cards, for example - TSSPDCL but free for RuPay debit cards.

Small merchants are also save few bucks, if we use RuPay debit cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paytm allow direct credit card billpay via RuPay cards (useless mastercard is not suppprted), Also earn rewards points.

Many govt and electricity bill website also charge extra fees through debit cards, for example - TSSPDCL but free for RuPay debit cards.

Rivalry between Rupay and MC !! Maza aa raha hai 😂 Meanwhile Visa wale- I'm Out😂

Hey add money to wallet and pay what's the big deal

While requesting for card my network failed, i think i pressed twice i got the cards both or i accidentally didn't select the right option 2nd time. LOL

Question is which one i should activate ? Now One is Rupay and One is Master . o_O

Attachments

• IMG_0362 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0362 Large.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 27
Hence you received both then keep MasterCard for better domestic as well as international transactions.(i would recommended if it's rupay platinum) even SBI provides more mastercard oriented offers and majority of the offers were useful)
You said that we can have two debit cards in SBI. I tried to apply for IOCL MasterCard and It didn't let me apply with "you already have an active debit card" error. Have they stopped issuing two cards?
I blocked Rupay and applied for IOCL MasterCard.
Am I gonna be charged replacement fee of 354?

@Darthvader How were you able to apply two cards? Did you have any active card in your account while applying? Have you been charged for these two cards yet?

You said that we can have two debit cards in SBI. I tried to apply for IOCL MasterCard and It didn't let me apply with "you already have an active debit card" error. Have they stopped issuing two cards?

@Darthvader How were you able to apply two cards? Did you have any active card in your account while applying? Have you been charged for these two cards yet?
2 Debit Card policy has been stopped by SBI now, if one has one active Debit card can't apply for 2nd, without closing the first one! Same for Salary Account holders too, I tried for SGSP account, error came Card cannot be issued.

2 Debit Card policy has been stopped by SBI now, if one has one active Debit card can't apply for 2nd, without closing the first one! Same for Salary Account holders too, I tried for SGSP account, error came Card cannot be issued.
Are they gonna charge replacement fee? If someone apply for it after blocking?

You will not be charged and ₹354 replacement charges is when you request in branch to issue the same card which you lost/stolen, not charges for if you apply afresh a new Variant card.
I have also blocked once and requested again, no charges were debited for me.

Maybe SBI silently changed their policies
Are they gonna charge replacement fee? If someone apply for it after blocking?
No you will not be charged until your card complete after 1 year and even no issuence charges..

Mastercard classic also garbage but RuPay card atleast an Indian brand.

RuPay offers - https://www.rupay.co.in/rupay-offers

RuPay card also have NCMC features, if you live in any Metro cities. You can use for offline contactless payment upto Rs200.

You can also customize your offline wallet contactless payment.

For example - if you daily travel through Mumbai buses or Bangalore buses etc, you can set your offline contactless payment only for bus ticket payment.

Your card will not work on any other types of contactless POS machines.

RuPay NCMC features will replace all Metros, Buses etc small size ticket travel cards.

RuPay NCMC will create a travel payment ecosystem like Oyster card in London, Nol card in Dubai, Octopus card in Hong kong, Japan's Suica card, South Korea's Upass card etc.
I have PNB NCMC debit+prepaid card. Do I need to recharge my debit card for use in Metro?

Or amount will be deducted from my savings account when using at metro?

Thanks in Advance 😊

I have PNB NCMC debit+prepaid card. Do I need to recharge my debit card for use in Metro?

Or amount will be deducted from my savings account when using at metro?

Thanks in Advance 😊
Very few metros enabled NCMC payment and very few metros supported NCMC recharge.

Which city you live in and also share which metro line. Aise google karlo, mujhe bhi koi idea nahi hai jada konse metro me available hai abhi.

Back