• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

You are correct. while that is true. I think this guy is losing money because there is lack of knowledge on benefits

From what I know this guy travels a lot and stays in 5 start properties. he also mentioned he goes on an international trips with his family every 1.5 years or so ..

and I can't ask how much this guys spends. so I just asked what did you buy with points last time and he said he spent about 2L + points to buy an Air conditioner in April. and those points were accumulated over 5-6 month period.

I was thinking in my mind. I would've had one luxury week in some Accor property with those points.

But it is what is
If every CC holder becomes a TF community member and redeems the rewards to get the maximum value out of them, then I doubt how long the banks can afford to offer these rewards on CC spends.. It would be like Mixed basket case scenario mostly ....otherwise the industry can't survive..

You are correct. while that is true. I think this guy is losing money because there is lack of knowledge on benefits

From what I know this guy travels a lot and stays in 5 start properties. he also mentioned he goes on an international trips with his family every 1.5 years or so ..

and I can't ask how much this guys spends. so I just asked what did you buy with points last time and he said he spent about 2L + points to buy an Air conditioner in April. and those points were accumulated over 5-6 month period.

I was thinking in my mind. I would've had one luxury week in some Accor property with those points.

But it is what is
Maybe in the time, he will spend to save that money, he can earn more than double of that😂.

There was a joke that a "billionaire" won't get down to pickup 500 note fallen from his pocket, because in that time he can make 5000 more😁.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
But why exclude the people who leave 10L in SA from getting an LTF Magnus? Either way when they withdraw the amount, they will get charged for the card by default. Just like with Burgandy Private CC.
They will deposit 10L to get the transfer rate they want and then after they do it they will withdraw the 10L and close magnus as well or spend enough to get it waived off or keep the card as a paid card if they find it lucrative.
Only someone stupid would keep his money at 3% interest rate when liquid funds and overnight funds also offer better returns that that

These devaluations on cards are only because of forums like ours, banks were so happy with people having limited knowledge of points redemption. Banks are internally crying and devaluing cards these sooner.
If every CC holder becomes a TF community member and redeems the rewards to get the maximum value out of them, then I doubt how long the banks can afford to offer these rewards on CC spends.. It would be like Mixed basket case scenario mostly ....otherwise the industry can't survive..

Reactions: SSV
These devaluations on cards are only because of forums like ours, banks were so happy with people having limited knowledge of points redemption. Banks are internally crying and devaluing cards these sooner.
Yes, of course..
That is the double edged sword of digital yuga and information technology...
About 20 years ago, knowledge used to sit in the brains of GURUs. Now it is residing on the net..enjoy..
We have go along with the changes that were brought when time changes, can't resist..
Change is certain in life..

Last edited:
They will deposit 10L to get the transfer rate they want and then after they do it they will withdraw the 10L and close magnus as well or spend enough to get it waived off or keep the card as a paid card if they find it lucrative.
Only someone stupid would keep his money at 3% interest rate when liquid funds and overnight funds also offer better returns that that
Agreed! A very small group of people would actually need to maintain that kind of liquidity. Without the proper utility, it's as good as burning it. I can't get myself to justify leaving 10L in an account with strings attached just for a card that can be devalued again any day.

How is it stupid if someone gets says 14.4lk (accor 8lk miles transfer) value out of the card by putting in 10lk as deposit?

It's not about thr 3% return It's about the 144% return over 10lk..

Plus 10lk is a small price to pay (keep in acc) to avoid future devaluation as majority will leave.

for earning 10L points you would be spending close to 1.6 crs in a year.
someone who spends that much wouldn't care to keep 10L liquid in a bank
he would look to maximize returns
your calculations are just like your comments, baseless.

To earn 10lk points 1 has to spend 58.12lk in a month or 69lk in a yr or 5.75lk a month. And this does not include 5x points that u can earn via traveledge or gyftr. With travel edge and gyftr the spend falls to almost half but that's not realistic, no one is buying 2lk tickets a month + 77k vouchers a month.

If you getting 14.4lk for spending 69lk in a yr that's 20.87% return in accor.

Back