• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

Hi Everyone,

Been following the whole magnus saga here for past few months. I got Magnus in April 2023 and have got decent miles from it so far (~ 1.5L vistara miles) which I plan on using for travel. Now with the whole devaluation etc. I am in double mind about magnus.

Would really appreciate it if the experts here can guide me by answering the following questions -
1. My Citibank salary account is in the process of getting shifted to Axis bank. My salary will qualify for the Burgundy relationship. Should I wait for this process to conclude and get Burgundy automatically? Axis doesn't know when this will happen though?
2. Should I ditch point no 1 and open a new Burgundy account with them and make it my salary account? I already have magnus so I am hoping I still will have the 5:4 conversion.
3. In burgundy what is the criteria of 10L TRV? I don't plan to move my MFs etc to Axis but just my salary. Lets assume my monthly salary credit is 5L but within a week of it being credited, I move it around to my payments & investments and what is usually left is about 1L or so. So would 5L x 3 = 15L qualify as quarterly relationship value and burgundy status will be maintained?

Sorry if these have been answered already, although I could not find specifics in earlier posts. Hoping to get some clarity.

Lastly, is Burgundy + Magnus even worth it going forward? I am not a fan on Axis customer care & services (online) with what I have seen so far. Are there any other options that one could consider?
Calculations mentioned in point 3 dont really matter if your Burgundy account is based on net salary credit criteria. You can also maintain balance of 1K post salary credit and it will continue to be Burgundy. I am talking from my own experience.

Please however take conformation from your RM on Burgundy based on salary credit criteria

Hi Everyone,

Been following the whole magnus saga here for past few months. I got Magnus in April 2023 and have got decent miles from it so far (~ 1.5L vistara miles) which I plan on using for travel. Now with the whole devaluation etc. I am in double mind about magnus.

Would really appreciate it if the experts here can guide me by answering the following questions -
1. My Citibank salary account is in the process of getting shifted to Axis bank. My salary will qualify for the Burgundy relationship. Should I wait for this process to conclude and get Burgundy automatically? Axis doesn't know when this will happen though?
2. Should I ditch point no 1 and open a new Burgundy account with them and make it my salary account? I already have magnus so I am hoping I still will have the 5:4 conversion.
3. In burgundy what is the criteria of 10L TRV? I don't plan to move my MFs etc to Axis but just my salary. Lets assume my monthly salary credit is 5L but within a week of it being credited, I move it around to my payments & investments and what is usually left is about 1L or so. So would 5L x 3 = 15L qualify as quarterly relationship value and burgundy status will be maintained?

Sorry if these have been answered already, although I could not find specifics in earlier posts. Hoping to get some clarity.

Lastly, is Burgundy + Magnus even worth it going forward? I am not a fan on Axis customer care & services (online) with what I have seen so far. Are there any other options that one could consider?
You will not need to maintain any trv as long as s salary credit is 3 lakh +... It will be sufficient as mostly this is the salary requirement mentioned in all the threads

If you are high on travel, Magnus for Burgundy is worth it.

1. You’ve already transferred significant points to Vistara.
Wait out for your salary move to Axis.

2. Don’t rush to open Burgundy separately, unless account transfer doesn’t take place within the time bound offer definition of Axis.

3. Salary credit beyond 3L per month is the eligibility, not what you maintain in the account as AQB/AMB.

This is my reading.

On spends? That's the max cap for burgundy.

10lk points = 8lk accor miles = 14.4lk Rupees.
WAIT, 10L points to Miles Transfer Program for Burgundy account? I was under the impression that we could transfer only 5L points. I am aware that we could transfer 5L from 1st September 2023 – 31st December 2023 and then capped at 5L points from next calender year. Am I missing something?
I am particularly interested in this as I don't have funds to maintain Burgundy Private with 5cr TRV anytime soon but Burgundy Account TRV is possible. And yes, I can earn 10L+ points in a calender year.

WAIT, 10L points to Miles Transfer Program for Burgundy account? I was under the impression that we could transfer only 5L points. I am aware that we could transfer 5L from 1st September 2023 – 31st December 2023 and then capped at 5L points from next calender year. Am I missing something?
I am particularly interested in this as I don't have funds to maintain Burgundy Private with 5cr TRV anytime soon but Burgundy Account TRV is possible. And yes, I can earn 10L+ points in a calender year.
Even with burgundy every year one can only transfer 5 lakh ER to transfer partners.
There is no mention of 10 lakhs ER transfer for burgundy customers .
There is no difference between burgundy and non burgundy magnus except the 5:4 transfers which as per Axis is time bound offer and would soon be reversed if Axis notices manufactured spending being done .

Even with burgundy every year one can only transfer 5 lakh ER to transfer partners.
There is no difference between burgundy and non burgundy magnus except the 5:4 transfers which as per Axis is time bound offer and would soon be reversed if Axis notices manufactured spending being done .
It was mentioned in one of the PDFs that for Burgundy users it's 10 Lakh. @CMG Might know exactly which one.

Edit: Found the screenshot

1695639313042.png

Edit 2: This doesn't exist anymore. PDF is updated now.

Last edited:
There is no difference between burgundy and non burgundy magnus except the 5:4 transfers which as per Axis is time bound offer and would soon be reversed if Axis notices manufactured spending being done.
I have been searching for Axis official links/docs since I saw the post earlier. Thank you for the clarification!

MAGNUS FOR BURGUNDY Credit Card

Applicable only for Burgundy customers maintaining the requisite individual Burgundy relationship. For more details visit, https://www.axisbank.com/Magnus. By applying for Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy, you also agree to the bank’s policy of replacing Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy with new Magnus Credit Card in case the requisite Burgundy ‘Total Relationship Value’ criteria is not maintained by the customer. The new Magnus Credit Card will also incur Joining and Annual Fee of Rs. 12,500++.

Attachments

Applicable only for Burgundy customers maintaining the requisite individual Burgundy relationship. For more details visit, https://www.axisbank.com/Magnus. By applying for Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy, you also agree to the bank’s policy of replacing Magnus Credit Card for Burgundy with new Magnus Credit Card in case the requisite Burgundy ‘Total Relationship Value’ criteria is not maintained by the customer. The new Magnus Credit Card will also incur Joining and Annual Fee of Rs. 12,500++.
They are going very slow.

Someone shared this. I hope he has wrong info on point-4😭.

Pretty sure point-6 is wrong. All upgrades in axis are treated same as new card w.r.t. joining /annual fees and welcome benefits. And is also clearly mentioned in mgtc document.

Others seems to be in line with expectations.

Does it mean TRV criteria is mandatory for the new Magnus Burgundy and Salary Account or 10L SB won't work?

Back