• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RUPAY card International lounge

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello All, this is my recent experience about using Rupay Platinum Pnb card in Vienna for the lounge for free access. I specially wanted to test it, I asked if they accept diners? She said yes. I gave my card and I was allowed a free entry.

Now the interesting part is I checked the list of International lounge offered by Rupay and Vienna is not even in list. So I am still wondering how did it work 🤔. As any one else tried Rupay International lounge access?

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I thought rupay cards deducted 3.25$ and refunded it back later.
This is some new info.

Also good to see someone finally utilized Rupay's international access.
(Did you have a backup card in case they denied PNB rupay? :p )
Yeah I had Priority pass with unlimited lounge access but was particularly interested in Rupay. Hdfc writes that a charge of 3.25$ would be deducted but nothing from SBI

Abs

TF Buzz
@Kenu73 , I have PNB Rupay platinum card as well. So You just go the lounge and swipe your credit card? Do you need to register at the PP website or anywhere? Anything special you need to do before you leave?
Sorry, I am not getting much info any where and I feel you have successfully used it.
TIA

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Kenu73 , I have PNB Rupay platinum card as well. So You just go the lounge and swipe your credit card? Do you need to register at the PP website or anywhere? Anything special you need to do before you leave?
Sorry, I am not getting much info any where and I feel you have successfully used it.
TIA
Just use your card, make sure to enable international txn

Abs

TF Buzz
I used this card (PNB Rupay Platinum) to get access to the lounge at the LHR. I was able to use it just by swiping the card without any issues.
surprisingly, when they tried to add a guest to my card the system was asking to pay 27$.

Has anyone used the card for their guest? Or do they need an Add-on card under their name to access the lounge?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I used this card (PNB Rupay Platinum) to get access to the lounge at the LHR. I was able to use it just by swiping the card without any issues.
surprisingly, when they tried to add a guest to my card the system was asking to pay 27$.

Has anyone used the card for their guest? Or do they need an Add-on card under their name to access the lounge?
You can only use lounge access for one person at a time. Use an add-on.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

You can only use lounge access for one person at a time. Use an add-on.

Kohli1only

TF Buzz
It must be with this card. My other card Regalia can use for guests without add-on card.
But thanks I will request an add-on card under their name so they can use the lounge.
Which pos it was accepted on diners priority pass or u mentioned anything special travelling day after tomorrow have multiple pnb cards for me nd my wife Hoping to access lounges in Singapore in a long layover any guidance will b appreciated

Kohli1only

TF Buzz

Also was this a debit or credit card?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
If you hold a Rupay card on Discover/Diners Network with complimentary international lounge access, then you can access any PP lounge outside India. They will swipe your card normally and you won’t be charged anything. Keep international transactions on as a precaution.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
If you hold a Rupay card on Discover/Diners Network with complimentary international lounge access, then you can access any PP lounge outside India. They will swipe your card normally and you won’t be charged anything. Keep international transactions on as a precaution.
Oops then , I missed using it on Dubai then .
In rupay website it mentioned only sleep and fly lounge . Which is just for sleeping .
We went to other lounge using diners privilege card, if we knew my canara rupay select can work means , i might used that card instead of diners club privilege credit card.

gowthamv

TF Premier
@Abhishek012

Checked for lounge access in Singapore Airport using PNB Rupay Select CC. (I already checked in using PP card. But just asked the receptionist to check if PNB CC is working)

1) SATS Premier Lounge - She swiped the card and said their system doesn’t support this card.

2) Marhaba Lounge - He swiped the card and said it is working under Diners Network. Asked him whether there will be charges if I use it for Lounge Access. He said he is not sure and I have to ask the bank.
(I had international transactions turned on but didn’t want to take the risk because of the unreliablity of the charge reversal)

jetesh

TF Premier
Has anyone used a PNB Platinum Rupay credit card outside India recently? Do we need to apply for any other card, like a priority pass or dream folk card, for lounge access outside India?