• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam

hs23new

TF Premier
Total 190 countries accept JCB Cards.
JCB cards are accepted in over 190 countries worldwide, including:

• Asia Pacific: Japan, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand
  • Oceania: Australia and New Zealand
  • North America: United States and Canada
  • Europe: Germany, Russia (currently suspended in Russia), Austria, UK and Spain
JCB has partnerships with other payment brands to expand the acceptance of its cards:
  • American Express: Allows JCB cards to be used in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada
  • Discover Network: Allows JCB cards to be used in the United States
  • UnionPay: Allows JCB and UnionPay cards to be used at some merchants in China and Japan
JCB cards are also accepted by Stripe accounts in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States, and all European Economic Area countries except Iceland.

JCB Card News -

JCB Card offers - https://www.specialoffers.jcb/en/?r=1

JCB Europe - https://www.jcbeurope.eu/en-eu/index.html

JCB Card offering in eight luxury shopping destinations across Europe - https://www.specialoffers.jcb/en/campaign/detail/thebicestercollection/74484/

JCB In-city JCB PLAZA - https://www.global.jcb/en/consumers/travel/plaza/
On ground reality is different. Please share some actual user experience.

Since you have a lot of reach, request you to create a google form that can be used to collect data / country / city / shop name where JCB card was used along with mark up charged by the shop. All data will be linked to a google sheet that will be easy to view.

shankyjain

TF Neo
My experience in Thailand (June 1st week)- used SBI Rupay Platinum (JCB Variant). Cash withdrawal- no charges at some of the ATM (otherwise some ATM charge 220 thai baht per withdrawal) - so check 2 to 3 nearby atm before withdrawal of cash. They clearly display 220 baht will be charged additional, so don't withdraw from that ATM , use some other bank ATM. Forex conversion charges were well below my hdfc visa card.
All indian restaurants will initially say that Rupay card won't work here, but then my SBI rupay worked in all swiping machines i.e. Bars , Indian restaurants and few malls which accept cards etc.
So I am expecting my 25% cashback in 60 days time.
However thailand is not so digital like India, card swipe will not be available everywhere. Mostly cash only works in Thailand - majorly for shopping..

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
JCB cards are not working in Bali. I tried at 3 different places in June with Bob Premier JCB card and it was declined. Visa cards are working just fine.
Ya but some BOB JCB card users also told, there is some problem with BOB JCB Cards. Kotak JCB Card working but BOB JCB Card declined everywhere in Indonesia, Sri Lanka and UAE.

Just wanted to confirm one thing for 25% offer, cashback is calculated on all transactions ( For eg I spend Rs 10000 & 12000 then will I get 2500+3000=5500 as cashback) or is there any daily limit? Can I spend 12000 5 times in a day & get 15000 as total cashback?

kakakiki

TF Neo
In Bali, following is the restaurants I was able to get JCB working

hs23new

TF Premier
Update :CSB BANK,UCO,PNB banks no longer issuing JCB cards.(Confirmed from them )

Opened CSB just for JCB card but they to have stopped issuing(will go and close account now )

Only SBI,Central Bank of India,Tjsb,Union Bank,CUB issuing JCB debit cards.

More than that half of the banks staff don't know about JCB.
Hey do any banks in this list also issue add on debit cards?

hs23new

TF Premier
Update :CSB BANK,UCO,PNB banks no longer issuing JCB cards.(Confirmed from them )

Opened CSB just for JCB card but they to have stopped issuing(will go and close account now )

Only SBI,Central Bank of India,Tjsb,Union Bank,CUB issuing JCB debit cards.

More than that half of the banks staff don't know about JCB.
@adi654 @Abhishek012 Can you suggest any cc options beside the below. I could find 7 banks, out of those only 2 feasable.

BankDC / CCTnc
INDUSIND BANKIndusind RuPay Platinum CCFloater cc
UnionUnion Select Wellness JCBSalary slips
Below cards not feasibleReason
SBI CARDMax 3 cards
YES BANK LTDRuPay ACEOnly one card
FEDERAL BANK LTDRuPay Signet credit cardOnly one card
KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK LTDLeague / Mojo / MyntraNot issuing fresh cards
BANK OF BARODA FINANCIAL SERVICEBOB SnapdealNot working

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
@adi654 @Abhishek012 Can you suggest any cc options beside the below. I could find 7 banks, out of those only 2 feasable.

BankDC / CCTnc
INDUSIND BANKIndusind RuPay Platinum CCFloater cc
UnionUnion Select Wellness JCBSalary slips
Below cards not feasibleReason
SBI CARDMax 3 cards
YES BANK LTDRuPay ACEOnly one card
FEDERAL BANK LTDRuPay Signet credit cardOnly one card
KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK LTDLeague / Mojo / MyntraNot issuing fresh cards
BANK OF BARODA FINANCIAL SERVICEBOB SnapdealNot working
Indusind bank RuPay Platinum CC is physical card, you can also apply without any Indusind bank CC.

Yes bank also issue RuPay Reserv Credit Card (Physical card)